Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 13:47   #166
BHPian

@Gemi: Are OEM foglamps a better option ? I too want to install them but wasn't sure whether to go with Ford ones or aftermarket.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:00   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Here is something i tried sometime back. The blue i did sometime back (To see how a 1.6 might look). Edited the same to red, but I cant seem to match the Figo red. Can you provide a similar pic of your red figo?
HEy! Crazy Driver. Exactly the same kind of thing i did.Will surely get a pic like that and post it.

Just one difference. I thought the 1.6 should look something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03685.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 15:38   #168
BHPian

Delivery on Monday

The dealer called up today. My Red FIGO would be delivered on Monday. Can't wait till Monday...WOW.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:20   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
HEy! Crazy Driver. Exactly the same kind of thing i did.Will surely get a pic like that and post it.

Just one difference. I thought the 1.6 should look something like this.
You painted your house to blue too with Photoshop.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:08   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykc78 View Post
The dealer called up today. My Red FIGO would be delivered on Monday. Can't wait till Monday...WOW.
And we can't wait to see the pics and read your ownership as well as dealership experiences. Looks like it's started drizzling (if not raining) Figos on TBHP.

Congratulations jaykc !!
Old 31st March 2010, 17:18   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great news. COngrats. Happy Motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
You painted your house to blue too with Photoshop.
Photoshop Novice.

@Silverknight: I prefer OEM parts when it comes to fog lamps. Other low cast ones might just not stay as clean and bright for as long as you keep the car. Also i am not a fan of after market switches at odd places on the dash. I would always recommend OEM accessories to get a good job.

Last edited by gemithomas : 31st March 2010 at 17:23.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:51   #172
BHPian

Quote:
@Silverknight: I prefer OEM parts when it comes to fog lamps. Other low cast ones might just not stay as clean and bright for as long as you keep the car. Also i am not a fan of after market switches at odd places on the dash. I would always recommend OEM accessories to get a good job.
Thanks for the advice. Just called my dealer to install it on my car which is to be delivered tomorrow.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
jaykc, that's great news ! You opted for Diesel ? Which variant ? From Metro or Lathangi ? I am expecting to lay hands on my red hot baby on same day . I really hope no further delay for me.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:36   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pics of the rear side. Typical Fusion. I just noticed that the two compartments in the rear light assembly dont have bulbs. Its closed with a plastic cap. Probably the non indian versions would carry bulbs. (Notice the Red part of the light assembly. Bulb is there only in the middle compartment)
Gemi, I am really hoping that they will soon have the rear Fog Lamp as option as well to fill those compartments. It's just a distant hope though.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Does it allow unlocking in a moving car physically (from the door)?

That's the feature I ideally need.
Why you wanna jump out? Just kidding. Well i checked it. While moving it does allow you to jump out..oops...unlock

Quote:
Gemi, I am really hoping that they will soon have the rear Fog Lamp as option as well to fill those compartments. It's just a distant hope though.
A Figo with all features of the Fusion? Well i guess they are saving it up for the limited editions / sport variants. Maybe the Figusion?

Last edited by gemithomas : 31st March 2010 at 23:26.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:15   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
jaykc, that's great news ! You opted for Diesel ? Which variant ? From Metro or Lathangi ? I am expecting to lay hands on my red hot baby on same day . I really hope no further delay for me.
Yes Diesel Titanium. I am taking it from Metro Ford on Palace road cross. Yesterday finished all the loan formalities and yet to call the dealer to ask if I can go and check out the car over the weekend.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:40   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Why you wanna jump out? Just kidding. Well i checked it. While moving it does allow you to jump out..oops...unlock ?
Was taking a round with a 1.8 year old and a 4 year old. Could not stop the one in the front from opening the door. The rears have child locks enabled. Thankfully the door is heavy for them to open fully.

"Figusion", Well that will be taking spares from the Figo and repairing the Fusion.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was taking a round with a 1.8 year old and a 4 year old. Could not stop the one in the front from opening the door. The rears have child locks enabled. Thankfully the door is heavy for them to open fully.

"Figusion", Well that will be taking spares from the Figo and repairing the Fusion.
The doors can be unlocked from inside when the car is moving. You have child locks on rear seats though
Old 1st April 2010, 16:34   #179
Senior - BHPian

Here is a mail sent to ford customer service yesterday evening.
-------
"Hi,

I have purchased a Figo TDCi Exi from your dealer Kairali Ford at trivandrum. The delivery process was smooth and they have been doing a good job till now.I am yet to receive the floor mats but they have promised to give it by next week. No issues on that.

I wanted a clarification on the Diesel engine used on the Figo. Is it a BSIV engine? In that case would there be any adverse effect in using the car in Trivandrum City where even BSIII fuel would be available only by September. Is there anything in particular i should take care of inorder to ensure that no issues crop up?

I am a very active member on one of the leading automotive forums in india (team-bhp) and your reply would help clarify similar doubts in many peoples mind. Hope to hear from you at the earlier. Keep up the good work.

PS: Just for your info, i fill only normal diesel from a company owned company operated BPCL pump in our city. Hope its ok.

regards
Gemi Thomas"
----------

Today i just received a call from my dealer telling me that i need not worry and can continue using the diesel available in my city. I also received the following mail from the Manager - D.C.R.C Kairali Ford - MGF group.

-------
"Dear Mr. Gimi Thomas

Hearty Welcome to the Ford Family.

Congratulations for owning the new Ford Figo, the car which has created real excitement in the Indian Car industry.

We have received your e mail dated April 1, 2010 and your valuable feedback.

1st Query : Yes ! Figo is BSIV norms.
2nd Query : You had mentioned that you are only filling normal diesel from a company owned operated BPCL pump.
Our suggestion is continue to do so. As per customer feedback "Company owned petrol pump" is maintained very well, and fuel quality is great.

While assuring you of our best After-Sales support, we wish you to enjoy the luxury & comfort of Ford for years to come.

Looking forward to a Warm & Long Lasting Relationship with You."
--------

The guy on phone said that the BSII fuel we are getting here now will not cause any problem. But seeing the mail, i guess they dont want to talk much about it in writing.

The interesting part though is that the mail was forwarded to around 8 people at ford and the dealers in kerala. Good and Pro Active i would say.

But what really concerns me is the fact that my car would be running on BSII fuel for atleast 6 months till it can get even BSIII fuel.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:39   #180
BHPian

The blue figo looks hot!
you should not worry about fuel at all.
now having owned it how would you rate it with punto

Last edited by aditya116 : 1st April 2010 at 17:39. Reason: spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks