Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 17:50   #181
Senior - BHPian

Here is another mail i got from Ford India Customer Relations Desk

-------
"Dear Mr. Gemi Thomas,

This is with reference to your e-mail regarding your new vehicle.

As per fuel usage we Would suggest high quality fuel only.

Also would request you to refer to Contents related to Fuel and Refuelling ( page number - 55 ) in Owners Manual for further details.

Ford Figo engine is currently Bharat Stage-IV compliant. Ford Figo is tested & proven for Bharat Stage-IV fuel which is available across India.

Hope this clarifies your doubt. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance or clarification.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & would like to thank you for your continued patronage."
-------

Page 55 mentions that we should use atleast EN590 fuel. Now i need to check what that means. And what does "high quality fuel" mean??
Old 1st April 2010, 23:59   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Gemi, I am really hoping that they will soon have the rear Fog Lamp as option as well to fill those compartments. It's just a distant hope though.
I got my red Figo today fitted with fog lamps and it does include rear ones.
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:58   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I got my red Figo today fitted with fog lamps and it does include rear ones.
Oh! My god!. Is that true?!!! That would be a really great move by ford if they include front and rear in the Fog Lamp Kit. Can you give us more details. Did they remove any part while fitting and how neat is the job? Do both fog lamps work from the same switch?

Sorry for the long list of questions. Please do confirm.
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:47   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Oh! My god!. Is that true?!!! That would be a really great move by ford if they include front and rear in the Fog Lamp Kit. Can you give us more details. Did they remove any part while fitting and how neat is the job? Do both fog lamps work from the same switch?

Sorry for the long list of questions. Please do confirm.
Yes, it is true. Even I was baffled when salesperson told me to check out the rear fog lamps. In operate it the headlamp switch needs to be pulled. I am not sure how the procedure of fitting goes as I wasn't present at the time. But it took them sometime to install it delaying the car delivery.
I did not find any issues with installation, the dashboard even has indicators for front and rear lamps, separately, just above the odometer ! It is like factory fitted lamps than dealer fitted. Thanks to you for the advice to go for OEM ones, it paid I guess.
Both fog lamps operate from the same switch. Pull it once only front lamp come on, pull it again for rear ones.
After installation two compartments are full in rear assembly.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:23   #185
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys. Sorry for the hasty passing over of info since i was excited on hearing it. I just checked under my car but cant find any connections to the fog lamps. Can someone confirm of it is there on the higher variants? I think it should be there.

Again sorry for the wrong/incomplete info.

Just to cover up for that here is another good bit. You all know that the doors lock automatically once you cross around 7km/hr speed. Nothing big uh!! But this one seems to check for open door locks every time you cross that speed. So just around the corner if you see someone you know and you open up the locks to let them in, the doors lock does its job again when you cross the speed limit. Now i really dont know if this is a feature on all cars.
Quote:
Yes, it is true. Even I was baffled when salesperson told me to check out the rear fog lamps. In operate it the headlamp switch needs to be pulled. I am not sure how the procedure of fitting goes as I wasn't present at the time. But it took them sometime to install it delaying the car delivery.
I did not find any issues with installation, the dashboard even has indicators for front and rear lamps, separately, just above the odometer ! It is like factory fitted lamps than dealer fitted. Thanks to you for the advice to go for OEM ones, it paid I guess.
Both fog lamps operate from the same switch. Pull it once only front lamp come on, pull it again for rear ones.
After installation two compartments are full in rear assembly.
Regarding Fog lamps to be fitted, the kit comes as total assembly inclusive of lamps, connecting wires and switch. So they replace the switch also and it costs 5,500/- at chennai. So even titanium/zxi do not have provision in the switches. So the switch is also replaced.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:28   #186
BHPian

There's no wiring for the fog lamps in Titanium. I just checked.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:38   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Regarding Fog lamps to be fitted, the kit comes as total assembly inclusive of lamps, connecting wires and switch. So they replace the switch also and it costs 5,500/- at chennai. So even titanium/zxi do not have provision in the switches. So the switch is also replaced.
Rs.5,500/-? I was told something like Rs.4300/- here when i enquired. Guess ford changed plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
There's no wiring for the fog lamps in Titanium. I just checked.
Thanks for clarifying. Are you planning to put fog lamps? And hope your car is running fine now. Any subsequent mileage checks done?

Last edited by gemithomas : 2nd April 2010 at 14:40.
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:29   #188
Senior - BHPian

Gemithomas nice review, I think teambhp is going to be filled with figo owners

The Fog lamps are 4,900 in Bangalore

For now no Fog lamps. I'm however going to put some sun control film.

Could you post a picture of the area where the spare wheel is stored? Is that area painted for you? In mine its of a different color.
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:17   #189
BHPian

@Gemi I'll be home next week so I'm planning to get the fogs. I didn't get time to drive around much. Been a little busy. Any difference in your mileage? I hope to get the first service done next week. The car's done 1900 kms now, of which the ford guys drove around 700 kms.

I guess the problem was a loose fuse. I didn't have any issues after that.

Gemi, can you check if there's a piece of trim missing in the boot? Just below the hatch lock/latch?
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:08   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Gemithomas nice review, I think teambhp is going to be filled with figo owners

The Fog lamps are 4,900 in Bangalore

For now no Fog lamps. I'm however going to put some sun control film.

Could you post a picture of the area where the spare wheel is stored? Is that area painted for you? In mine its of a different color.
Just checked mine too is a different colour. Seems more like not painted. Definitely not red anyways. Cost cutting under the carpet?

Quote:
@Gemi I'll be home next week so I'm planning to get the fogs. I didn't get time to drive around much. Been a little busy. Any difference in your mileage? I hope to get the first service done next week. The car's done 1900 kms now, of which the ford guys drove around 700 kms.

I guess the problem was a loose fuse. I didn't have any issues after that.

Gemi, can you check if there's a piece of trim missing in the boot? Just below the hatch lock/latch?
Just checked. What trim? I really did not understand but could not see anything missing as such. Let me know what exactly you meant so that i can check.

Mileage does not seem to be anywhere near Ford Claims. Atleast in my case. My second tank is yet to get over. The DTE initially showed a range of 658km when i had done 0km running.

I've now done 300km running (full City-full a/c) and the DTE shows a range of 320km. Should i divide the total of 300+320=620 by 38.5 (the fuel i filled last time) or by 45 (the total tank capacity). Either ways its no where close to 20km/l claim.

I went through a few threads on t-bhp and even the test drive section here give a city mileage to the Fiesta TDCi around 14km/l. I guess that is close to true in my case atleast for now.

With Last tankful (where i did 300km on highways and 300km in city) i got a mileage of around 15.5km/l (38.5litres to fill tank after doing 600km driving)
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:10   #191
BHPian

I have opted for fog lamps and hope to see it fitted before delivery today afternoon. Yes, it costs 4900 and I guess it is standard across all dealers. Fog lamps at rear ?? I asked my sales person and he told it is at front only. My variant is Titanium.
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:54   #192
BHPian

@gemi Let me try with a picture. Sorry about the camera phone picture. I don't have access to a pc right now.
Notice that white part below the hatch door? I think there's supposed to be a plastic/carpet trim covering it.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-boottrim.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 08:48   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I have opted for fog lamps and hope to see it fitted before delivery today afternoon. Yes, it costs 4900 and I guess it is standard across all dealers. Fog lamps at rear ?? I asked my sales person and he told it is at front only. My variant is Titanium.
I think we can bargain. My dealer had quoted Rs. 4700 but he settled for Rs. 4400.
Regarding rear fog lamps I went back to dealer as I found that the red lamps on rear assembly are always on irrespective of whether the headlight switch is pulled once (only front fog lamps) or twice (front and rear). The salesperson was not sure and said he will check it out.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:07   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Notice that white part below the hatch door? I think there's supposed to be a plastic/carpet trim covering it.
Same here. See Pic. So i guess ford has decided to cut the costs at places that wont really matter much to the customer.

Quote:
I think we can bargain. My dealer had quoted Rs. 4700 but he settled for Rs. 4400. Regarding rear fog lamps I went back to dealer as I found that the red lamps on rear assembly are always on irrespective of whether the headlight switch is pulled once (only front fog lamps) or twice (front and rear). The salesperson was not sure and said he will check it out.
Are you sure the rear lamps are not the normal lights that come on when the headlights are turned on. Could you confirm how many compartments at the rear assembly has got bulbs in it. Apart from the compartment for the indicator and reverse lights, there are 3 compartments for the "red". Out of that only one has a bulb. Please confirm.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03799.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 13:10   #195
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked mine too is a different colour. Seems more like not painted. Definitely not red anyways. Cost cutting under the carpet?

Just checked. What trim? I really did not understand but could not see anything missing as such. Let me know what exactly you meant so that i can check.

Mileage does not seem to be anywhere near Ford Claims. Atleast in my case. My second tank is yet to get over. The DTE initially showed a range of 658km when i had done 0km running.

I've now done 300km running (full City-full a/c) and the DTE shows a range of 320km. Should i divide the total of 300+320=620 by 38.5 (the fuel i filled last time) or by 45 (the total tank capacity). Either ways its no where close to 20km/l claim.

I went through a few threads on t-bhp and even the test drive section here give a city mileage to the Fiesta TDCi around 14km/l. I guess that is close to true in my case atleast for now.

With Last tankful (where i did 300km on highways and 300km in city) i got a mileage of around 15.5km/l (38.5litres to fill tank after doing 600km driving)
@Mustang - I was expecting atleast 17 km/l in city and a min of 20km/l with this engine. Is this not below as expected. Any tuning to be needed or will it improve after service....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks