Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 22:43   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
My AMC contract was signed more then 3/4 months back. I had paid full amount for 4 years maintenance. I got my first service done yesterday. Now, today - I got a call from VW - Downtown and was told that the AMC does not exist for Polo - Tdi !!
You have a contract. If they made it by mistake, that doesn't matter, they still made it. It is too late for them to tell you they should not have.

Whether they will sell it to any other Polo Tdi buyers or not is a matter for them. That they have already sold it to you is a fact.

I hope our lawyers will agree with me that they are committed, whether they like it or not.

Of course, there may be small print...
Old 30th November 2010, 22:47   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Day/Night rear view mirror - Whenever I change the mirror from Day View to Night View, The field of view also used to change. This had to be corrected every time. I wanted to get this checked.
Same issue in my Vento, I thought it was normal till you mentioned it. Have you checked the backside of the IRVM? Its a TATA product
Old 30th November 2010, 23:20   #813
BHPian

thanks Chetan. I have sent a PM to Gaurav. Let me see where can i get them.

Small observation. Your bezel/panel surrounding the HU seems to be slightly bigger. and HU looks comparitively smaller. Am i right.
Old 1st December 2010, 00:19   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You have a contract. If they made it by mistake, that doesn't matter, they still made it. It is too late for them to tell you they should not have.

Whether they will sell it to any other Polo Tdi buyers or not is a matter for them. That they have already sold it to you is a fact.

I hope our lawyers will agree with me that they are committed, whether they like it or not.

I have decided to latch on to my AMC. Come what may.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
thanks Chetan. I have sent a PM to Gaurav. Let me see where can i get them.

Small observation. Your bezel/panel surrounding the HU seems to be slightly bigger. and HU looks comparitively smaller. Am i right.
HU is a standard 2Din. Finisher sits exactly on the slot surrounding the HU. Have a close look at the HU. It has a step surrounding it. You can get a better idea once you see it. These adapters are made to exactly match a 2Din system.

Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-avhp3250bt.jpg  

Last edited by Chethan B G : 1st December 2010 at 00:38.
Old 1st December 2010, 01:01   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just an update: Jazz fog lamps cost 15K
correct. That's why I did it from outside and I am very happy with the end result. My fogs are made by Osram and the entire installation costed me 5K.

Congrats on your new HU..looks fab and I sure it sounds even better

By the way, the AMC stuff is turning out to be a real circus. Will look forward to your plan of action. best of luck!
Old 1st December 2010, 08:35   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Will check it when I get the car back, for now its been put on VAG-COM analysis and I will get the report in the evening or tomorrow. I havent driven the car for a few days now but the advisor has just reported more than usual vibration in the engine. My brother though didnt report anything as such. Fingers crossed for the time being.

Is this a regular service or any other check up? Missed this yesterday!

Exactly, but wonder why is it only occasionally that this happens.

My understanding is: Each time we turn-on the ignition, ECU does a self check & as part of the self check - does a position calibration for the EPS. IMO, this is where it is goofing up. The accuracy in reading this position, may not be the same at all steering positions. If we carefully observe, the tilt in the steering is very marginal & always towards the left - when ever it happens. Something to do with the angle sensors. If the centre position gets in between the slots, this can happen.

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-circuit.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-angle-sensors.jpg

Your car is under warranty, even if the glass is to be changed, why wot ask VW to do it.

Checked it yesterday. Problem is still persisting. I will ask them to change the glass itself. I was only worried about the down time, but I will manage.
Hi Gaurav - My replies in bold. You can underline yours!!
Old 1st December 2010, 10:44   #817
BHPian

Quote:
My AMC contract was signed more then 3/4 months back. I had paid full amount for 4 years maintenance. I got my first service done yesterday. Now, today - I got a call from VW - Downtown and was told that the AMC does not exist for Polo - Tdi !!

I am yet to decide on my future course of action. Right now, I have asked the breaking-news to be given in writing! Will keep you guys updated. This is turning out to be a circus!!
Chethan: If possible, could you please post a copy of your AMC?

That will also help us understand if the AMC is from VW or the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Thad, I fully agree!

A contract is a contract. Whether the dealer made one in error is inconsequential.

Notwithstanding the fact that his Polo TDi was sold to him by the very same dealer who apparently billed him the AMC for Polo 1.2 Petrol as they claim now, there is still no denying the culpability of the dealer in this episode. The dealer had every right to ascertain all the facts prior to issuing the contract.

As far as I know, the dealer's argument will not hold in a court of law. The dealer should therefore honour the contract as per the original terms.

Otherwise I would suggest Chethan to take his fight to Consumer Court where in all likelihood he would not only get the AMC amount but also court fees and damages as well.

I hope VW will mediate this between Chethan and the dealer before it escalates out of control.

I am a worried man now since I am unsure about the AMC for my Polo 1.6.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:11   #818
BHPian

@Chethan - Do you mean to say that VW Downtown will not honour your AMC after the completion of the first service of your car? If you are going to get this in writing it would be very helpful to me so that I can take up this matter with VW to see what happens to my AMC which is yet to be formally issued by them.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:34   #819
BHPian

@Chethan - This is a very valid discussion. I was told the same thing yesterday at VW Downtown in Mumbai. They have advertised the AMC for the Petrol Polo but not for the diesel. Apparently they say there is none that they know of but would need to check. Please be careful friends before you pay for anything related to a TDI AMC. We need comfirmation on this from someone in VW.

@Gaurav_chopra4 - On the more than usual vibration from the engine. I believe you have a Petrol. But let me narrate an experience of someone I know who has a TDI. The same thing happened. Increased vibration, more clatter at lower RPM and some loss of power. VAG scan pointed to the engine. Software was updated but did not solve the problem. Turns out the solenoid of the injector was sticky and at times not working correctly thus dishing out more fuel to the engine causing the excess vibration and noise. Hope this helps in some way.

Last edited by NevGin : 1st December 2010 at 11:36.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:42   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Day/Night rear view mirror - Whenever I change the mirror from Day View to Night View, The field of view also used to change. This had to be corrected every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Same issue in my Vento, I thought it was normal till you mentioned it. Have you checked the backside of the IRVM? Its a TATA product
Maybe . Please correct me here..

I too have the same behaviour (rather than a problem) in my Vento. When I switch to Night view, IRVM's view inclines towards the rear seats. I can see the rear seats only when I'm on well lit roads i.e., roads with good street lights or well lit buildings. However, whenever I'm on roads with poor or no lights such as Nice Road in Blr, I see the rear vehicles and their lights without much glare. I guess this is due to reflection from some source in the car hitting the IRVM at that inclination. So It works well for me. Hence I dont tend to adjust the IRVM back and leave it as it is until I switch to Dayview next morning.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:04   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post

I too have the same behaviour (rather than a problem) in my Vento. When I switch to Night view, IRVM's view inclines towards the rear seats. I can see the rear seats only when I'm on well lit roads i.e., roads with good street lights or well lit buildings. However, whenever I'm on roads with poor or no lights such as Nice Road in Blr, I see the rear vehicles and their lights without much glare. I guess this is due to reflection from some source in the car hitting the IRVM at that inclination. So It works well for me. Hence I dont tend to adjust the IRVM back and leave it as it is until I switch to Dayview next morning.
I have the exact same observation in my jazz. I do not know whether this is working as designed or it is a bug. Expert opinion please
Old 1st December 2010, 12:18   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I have the exact same observation in my jazz. I do not know whether this is working as designed or it is a bug. Expert opinion please
One thing I am sure - Field of view should not change when we toggle between Day & Night. This is a design problem in the IRVM. May-be, VW & Honda together are sourcing this from TATA!!
Old 1st December 2010, 13:41   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Chethan: If possible, could you please post a copy of your AMC?

That will also help us understand if the AMC is from VW or the dealer.
This is on VW booklet meant for Polo - AMC. Looks like there was no information to the Dealer WRT to Polo-Tdi.

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-chetan10001.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-chetan10002.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-chetan10003.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-chetan10004.jpg
Old 1st December 2010, 14:29   #824
Senior - BHPian

In the AMC, there is no reference made that this contract is not applicable to diesel polos. The dealer should have informed the buyer about the non applicability of the AMC to diesel polos.
Take it up with the dealer, else escalate it and consult a lawyer in this regard.

Can anyone explain this sentence in the AMC
"PLEASE DONT DRIVE beyond 200KM"

Does it means that one should not cross more than 200kms from the stipulated service interval before giving the car for service.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:27   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
In the AMC, there is no reference made that this contract is not applicable to diesel polos. The dealer should have informed the buyer about the non applicability of the AMC to diesel polos.
Take it up with the dealer, else escalate it and consult a lawyer in this regard.

Can anyone explain this sentence in the AMC
"PLEASE DONT DRIVE beyond 200KM"

Does it means that one should not cross more than 200kms from the stipulated service interval before giving the car for service.
  1. In page 1 - Dealer has clearly mentioned the details of the Model in contention.
  2. In page 2 - Under terms & conditions, it is mentioned that it is applicable on all Polo cars.
  3. My payment receipt for Rs.34,000/-
I hope that the Dealer will be able to regularise the contract.

"PLEASE DONT DRIVE beyond 200KM" - You must be right with your interpretation. Till date, I have never come across any contract which stats every aspect clearly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks