Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 17:30   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Maybe . Please correct me here..

I too have the same behaviour (rather than a problem) in my Vento. When I switch to Night view, IRVM's view inclines towards the rear seats. I can see the rear seats only when I'm on well lit roads i.e., roads with good street lights or well lit buildings. However, whenever I'm on roads with poor or no lights such as Nice Road in Blr, I see the rear vehicles and their lights without much glare. I guess this is due to reflection from some source in the car hitting the IRVM at that inclination. So It works well for me. Hence I dont tend to adjust the IRVM back and leave it as it is until I switch to Dayview next morning.
When I switch to anti-glare, the glare is considerably reduced but during day time I see absolutely no difference in day view and night view, makes me wonder why we can't always drive with anti-glare on?
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:23   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Is this a regular service or any other check up? Missed this yesterday!
Hi Chethan, the engine check light was displayed on the instrument panel. It came last week and the service station reported it as an ecu code. It came in again this week and now there was more than usual vibration (as per service advisor). I havent driven the car for couple of days, so cant say anything. Last I drove it was on last thursday and all seemed ok.

So the car is in service center and they will hopefully update me today, 2 december. Lets see. Damn I have an exam next thursday and this has just messed all my concentration.

heres the link to my thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...agen-polo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
@Gaurav_chopra4 - On the more than usual vibration from the engine. I believe you have a Petrol. But let me narrate an experience of someone I know who has a TDI. The same thing happened. Increased vibration, more clatter at lower RPM and some loss of power. VAG scan pointed to the engine. Software was updated but did not solve the problem. Turns out the solenoid of the injector was sticky and at times not working correctly thus dishing out more fuel to the engine causing the excess vibration and noise. Hope this helps in some way.
Ya, I have had a word with our friend mechanic, who has been looking after our cars for years. He also said that it could be an injector issue. It could also be loss of compression, probably some gasket. If its something to do with these, its still acceptable. But if its some engine parts, then I wont really be intersted in getting only the part changed.

Thanks for info though, will talk to them tomorrow on similar lines and see what exactly the issue is?

Quote:
My understanding is: Each time we turn-on the ignition, ECU does a self check & as part of the self check - does a position calibration for the EPS. IMO, this is where it is goofing up. The accuracy in reading this position, may not be the same at all steering positions. If we carefully observe, the tilt in the steering is very marginal & always towards the left - when ever it happens. Something to do with the angle sensors. If the centre position gets in between the slots, this can happen.
Very logical, this could very well be the case. Thanks for the explaination.

Quote:
Checked it yesterday. Problem is still persisting. I will ask them to change the glass itself. I was only worried about the down time, but I will manage.
Ask them to order a glass if its not in stock. Fixing it will just be a couple of hours job, though they wil keep the vehicle overnight, I believe.

I just hope they dont come up with a new story this time for the defogger.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd December 2010 at 01:39.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:21   #828
BHPian

Polo TDI ECU Software Update

All Polo TDI's manufactured starting 17th of November 2010 will have a new software version (ver 8513, upgraded from 666 or 7346)

The first thing being done to all TDI Polo's that report a problem is an upgrade to this SW version. Please discuss this with the service manager should you need to be at the service center for anything.
Old 2nd December 2010, 18:39   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
All Polo TDI's manufactured starting 17th of November 2010 will have a new software version (ver 8513, upgraded from 666 or 7346)

The first thing being done to all TDI Polo's that report a problem is an upgrade to this SW version. Please discuss this with the service manager should you need to be at the service center for anything.
This is a good piece of information NevGin. Thanks a lot. I enquired with the Dealer & got to know that the upgrade is done for the polo-Tdi's which have the morning sickness! That is for the cars which has the jerkiness during the first kilometer, after cold starts.

I had this problem in the beginning. But I do not know if the software is updated. I will get it checked.
Old 2nd December 2010, 18:53   #830
BHPian

Quote:
This is a good piece of information NevGin. Thanks a lot. I enquired with the Dealer & got to know that the upgrade is done for the polo-Tdi's which have the morning sickness! That is for the cars which has the jerkiness during the first kilometer, after cold starts.

I had this problem in the beginning. But I do not know if the software is updated. I will get it checked.
My car had the "whole day sickness" which has been rectified as you already know. However I will check this out with the workshop at my place which should be opening very soon. I believe the dealer has already received a few vehicles which are at their stockyard. Regarding the AMC when I queried about my vehicle, I was told that my vehicle is covered for the same. But they are not issuing fresh ones now & maybe VW might come out with a new a new package (with increased rates I am sure) at a later date.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:50   #831
BHPian

Hi Chethan,

Excellent HU setup. Glad to know that there is no compromise on sound qwality as well.

Had been away from TBHP for a while, and even from updating my polo thread. But now, I feel it was for good since I see so many options open for getting a new HU installed.

Meanwhile, I have been told by VW cochin that they are planning to start AMC for diesel cars, which will be provided only if taken to their service centre. Any news on this from other dealers?

Regarding alloys of Polo, while enquiring with a SA at the dealer, came to know that they are of BORBET made. No wonder they are costly.
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:55   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
Hi Chethan,

Excellent HU setup. Glad to know that there is no compromise on sound qwality as well.

Had been away from TBHP for a while, and even from updating my polo thread. But now, I feel it was for good since I see so many options open for getting a new HU installed.

Meanwhile, I have been told by VW cochin that they are planning to start AMC for diesel cars, which will be provided only if taken to their service centre. Any news on this from other dealers?

Regarding alloys of Polo, while enquiring with a SA at the dealer, came to know that they are of BORBET made. No wonder they are costly.
Thanks Kiran! HU is brilliant with a host of features. My GPS will only come by 10th of this month. I am waiting to have a go at it!

4 years AMC & 2 years Extended Warranty is the best bet. I hope VW/Dealer will come up with a solution, sooner than later.

Polo alloys are one of the best I have seen. I am a person who generally would not mind spending 20% more on the things I like.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:38   #833
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
4 years AMC & 2 years Extended Warranty is the best bet. I hope VW/Dealer will come up with a solution, sooner than later.
Hi Chethan,

Been busy for a few weeks, but have there been any developments with your AMC?

Quote:
Polo alloys are one of the best I have seen. I am a person who generally would not mind spending 20% more on the things I like.
I personally love the Polo alloys.

VW Downtown did tell me once that the Polo has magnesium alloys and are therefore much more expensive.
Old 17th December 2010, 00:21   #834
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Chethan,

Have you got the 3M floor mats yet. You were supposed to get it long time back, right? If you have got them, can you please post few pics as well with it?

And just wanted to know what sun film have you got in your polo. Is it Llumar or 3M?

And if you don't mind, can we meet up one day; just want to check if the sound coming from my polo is something that my mind is making up; or if present; just want to cross check if its present in all polos.
Old 17th December 2010, 11:20   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Chethan,

Have you got the 3M floor mats yet. You were supposed to get it long time back, right? If you have got them, can you please post few pics as well with it?

And just wanted to know what sun film have you got in your polo. Is it Llumar or 3M?

And if you don't mind, can we meet up one day; just want to check if the sound coming from my polo is something that my mind is making up; or if present; just want to cross check if its present in all polos.
Hi Kiran,

I thought Chethan was getting some 3D floor mats with some Japanese-sounding name, not 3M. He had posted pictures off those from the Internet some pages back.

Regarding your query about the sound, what are you hearing? Sorry, I have been away for some time.

--nw
Old 17th December 2010, 11:59   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hi Chethan,

Been busy for a few weeks, but have there been any developments with your AMC?
I am yet to get a commitment on this. Still waiting.

By the way, I got the software upgraded to Ver 8513 as NavGin had mentioned earlier. I feel that the engine is much smoother after that. Also, TC comes on very smoothly in the morning.

I have also ordered for a under seat Pioneer subwoofer: Pioneer TS-WX11A Active Bass Tube

Great going for a person who was not interested to even change his stock speakers to begin with!!

Pioneer sound quality is exxxxxxcellent!!!

Quote:
Chethan,

I have still not got my 3D Kagu mats. Now a days, I am made to wait for every dam thing - Polo effect?

Details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2095213

Llumar 45 Neutral - I think. This detail is also very much available on this thread in the initial pages. If only you do not mind turning the pages.....

We can meet up one day. A bit busy since year end. We will do it after 28th.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:07   #837
BHPian

Chethan, I've finally got my hands on the 1.6 today, she's lookin red-hot !

Hey, your thread has been an education, I definately seem to know the car better , thanks to your extremely detailed insights.
In fact, I've picked out & prepared a 10 page compilation of the highlights/features/flaws, (wiper mechanism in particular) from this thread as well as from Sadnabrina, (with ref to the 1.6), Poloman, Nowwhat and taken a print out. Its been of immence help already and much more I'm sure as I get familiar with the car.

Thanks to all you guys, & of course Team-BHP :-)

Last edited by manubhai : 28th January 2011 at 21:10.
Old 31st January 2011, 00:04   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Chethan, I've finally got my hands on the 1.6 today, she's lookin red-hot !

Hey, your thread has been an education, I definately seem to know the car better , thanks to your extremely detailed insights.
In fact, I've picked out & prepared a 10 page compilation of the highlights/features/flaws, (wiper mechanism in particular) from this thread as well as from Sadnabrina, (with ref to the 1.6), Poloman, Nowwhat and taken a print out. Its been of immence help already and much more I'm sure as I get familiar with the car.

Thanks to all you guys, & of course Team-BHP :-)
Congrats Manubhai! And thanks for the compliments!

It will be interesting to see your 10 page compilation. Can you post it?

Have a safe drive.
Old 31st January 2011, 23:19   #839
BHPian

Hey Chetan, its been 'busy' a busy weekend driving as you can imagine.
Could'nt resist a 200+km Sunday drive on Blr-Hyd highway.
Other than a bit disappointing 2nd gear, the drive was outstanding
Will post up my 10page manual a bit leisurely tomorrow.
Cheers.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:36   #840
BHPian

Having a problem copying the word doc, will try a bit later

Last edited by manubhai : 1st February 2011 at 18:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks