Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:00   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Naren on your Cruze !!!

I am amazed to know that you touched 212 on the odo with your car, thats simply incredible. How was the feeling at that speed?

Can you describe a bit more about that? Confident? Grippy?

Bangalore is the most expensive for cars now in India. 17.15 Lakhs is just too much. Hyd OTR for LTZ AT is 16.45 Lakhs and i thought we were paying through the roof.

Care to highlight your experience with dealership, discounts offered, freebies thrown in? Booked to received timeframe?

Lovely pictures and nice color. Btw, Golden Color is available in Cruze and looks pretty good too. However, for me white color in Cruze rules
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on your choice to Cruze. Thats a lovely looking car. Nice pictures

212 on the speedo, what was the sales person feeling like?

Are you finding any issues with the ground clearance while going over the road humps or monsters should i say?
During test drive, as soon as I hit the NICE corridor the sales guy got excited and told me that his personal best in the car was 180 kmph on the Nelamangala - Tumkur stretch. I asked him if he minds me bettering that and he just smiled. I drove it in the 100 - 150 kmph range till the Mysore road junction. After that I took it to the 140 - 180 kmph range for the next couple of kms and then took off to stay in the 205 to 212 range till we reached Magadi road junction. He was an young chap (perhaps in his mid 20s) and was excited to see the speedo reading @ 200+ kmph and asked me if I was satisfied with the car.

Initially, I was a bit skeptical about the GC (considering that it is just 165 mm and lower than my Fiesta at 168 mm). However none of the humps in Bangalore have managed to scrape the base till now even with 4 adults on board and I'm mightily impressed.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
Yeah, even I noticed that EBD isn't mentioned on the website though the feature is present in the car.
Let me know how did you find out?

I am stressing on EBD because a friend of mine has cancelled the cruze booking just because it only has ABS. He is very particular about the performance car which has ABS/EBD/TCS.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Congratulations on the highway star.

One silly question - Why is dead pedal required in AT ?

Rohan
LOL AT car doesn't mean you don't have left leg.

But i can't see the dead pedal in pics ? is it there ?
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:52   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
But i can't see the dead pedal in pics ? is it there ?
Unfortunately Cruze doesnt come with a dead pedal irrespective of the variant
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Let me know how did you find out?

I am stressing on EBD because a friend of mine has cancelled the cruze booking just because it only has ABS. He is very particular about the performance car which has ABS/EBD/TCS.
I was wrong, Cruze isn't equipped with EBD.
Old 24th June 2010, 06:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Naren on your Cruze !!!

I am amazed to know that you touched 212 on the odo with your car, thats simply incredible. How was the feeling at that speed?

Can you describe a bit more about that? Confident? Grippy?

Bangalore is the most expensive for cars now in India. 17.15 Lakhs is just too much. Hyd OTR for LTZ AT is 16.45 Lakhs and i thought we were paying through the roof.

Care to highlight your experience with dealership, discounts offered, freebies thrown in? Booked to received timeframe?

Lovely pictures and nice color. Btw, Golden Color is available in Cruze and looks pretty good too. However, for me white color in Cruze rules
Thanks, Buddy. The 212 kmph that I achieved was on the test drive car (which had just done 3500 kms) and not on my car (which is still in the running in period). Anyways, it was a real thrilling experience for me. The way the car accelerated from 180 to 210 kmph was truly unbelievable.

I drove on an open straight stretch and the stability was pretty good. I felt well connected to the road and steering communicated well enough. The grip was pretty decent and I was completely in control of the car. Overall the car behaved very predictably and I was mightly impressed. The diesel motor is an absolutely gem. I would definitely give the car a 4 on 5 for its high-speed manners.

You are right, the people in Karnataka are made to pay an obscene amount of money as road tax. The dealership experience was just about average. They handled the booking & deliver processes very well but during the 4 month waiting period hardly communicated anything to me. I got 15k corporate discount, a free OSVRM with indicators, floor mats, a soft toy, perfume and they also gave me an option to take insurance outside from which I saved another 30k.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:12   #38
BHPian

Whoa, 4 month waiting period! That's too much IMHO!
Old 24th June 2010, 09:45   #39
BANNED

Congrats Narendra. One word of caution about upgrading the tires though. Be careful about putting low profiles or something of that sort.Fellow Cruze owner sameer_sultan from Chennai has upgraded his tires and alloys and is now wanting to get back to the original sizes since he feels they suit the Cruze the best for all uses.

Could you post a pic of the rear legroom with you sitting in the rear seat and the front seat pushed fully backwards please.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:57   #40
BHPian

Hey Narendra, many congratulations on the Cruze AT. Its a diesel rocket no doubt. BTW you have surpassed my top speed in Cruze 210KMPH!!!
Old 24th June 2010, 10:38   #41
BHPian

Hey Narendra congratulations,
The colour looks simply amazing.Even I wanted my cruze in the same colour but my civic is of the same colour and that was the reason I did not book it in misty lake and instead diamond white though I finally took atlantis blue .
Cruze AT is a great choice and you also seam to be getting good average unlike me!!!
Old 24th June 2010, 11:27   #42
BHPian

I would advise you to remove the tints on the front windscreen as I think they interfere with the rain sensors and maybe cause a warranty issue.
Old 24th June 2010, 11:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congrats Narendra. One word of caution about upgrading the tires though. Be careful about putting low profiles or something of that sort.Fellow Cruze owner sameer_sultan from Chennai has upgraded his tires and alloys and is now wanting to get back to the original sizes since he feels they suit the Cruze the best for all uses.

Could you post a pic of the rear legroom with you sitting in the rear seat and the front seat pushed fully backwards please.
Thanks, Devdath. I'll definitely reach out to Sameer and others on the forum for advice before upgrading the tyres.

Here's a picture to show the rear leg/head room. My security chap in the snap is around 5'6". The seat ahead of him is completely pulled back and the other front seat (the one closer to the camera) is completely pushed forward for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-dsc03320.jpg  

Old 24th June 2010, 12:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Hey Narendra congratulations,
The colour looks simply amazing.Even I wanted my cruze in the same colour but my civic is of the same colour and that was the reason I did not book it in misty lake and instead diamond white though I finally took atlantis blue .
Cruze AT is a great choice and you also seam to be getting good average unlike me!!!
Thanks, buddy. Since you own both Civic and Cruze, can you do a quick comparison of the two on various parameters for everyone's benefit?

Even I'd to make my choice between Diamond white, Atlantis blue and Misty lake. So, I asked some of my close pals and family members to state their preference from these three colors and went with majority decision. Anyways, the Cruze is a real looker in every shade.

Btw what's the average that you are getting?
Old 24th June 2010, 12:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
I would advise you to remove the tints on the front windscreen as I think they interfere with the rain sensors and maybe cause a warranty issue.
A couple of days back, I found some erratic behavior of the rain sensors. This explains it. I'll immediately get is removed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks