Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 12:24   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
The dealership experience was just about average. They handled the booking & deliver processes very well but during the 4 month waiting period hardly communicated anything to me. I got 15k corporate discount, a free OSVRM with indicators, floor mats, a soft toy, perfume and they also gave me an option to take insurance outside from which I saved another 30k.
Glad to know that even at those speeds the Cruze is confidence inspiring in straight line ( in any case, nobody does corners on those speed)

4 Months is just too much waiting period. Here in hyderabad certain colors were available immediately off shelve and were just offering 10K corporate discount.

When you say " a free OSRVM" i assume you mean for both left and right OSRVM? And, your car pictures doesnt show OSRVM having indicators on them?

How much was the original quote by dealer for insurance and what was the final amount you paid for it from outside? Insurer name?

I am glad to know that you got a great deal. Now its time to negotiate with them

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th June 2010 at 12:27.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:40   #47
BHPian

Congrats narendra for the Cruze. A stonker of a diesel mill mated with AT makes it a no-nonsense buy. Nice color choice and great snaps.
Enjoy the CRUZE experience.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:48   #48
BHPian

Congrats Narendra, the car looks awesome and pics are really nice. The FE you are getting also looks quite decent. You said it is increasing so can you tell us how much it is right now?
Old 24th June 2010, 14:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
When you say " a free OSRVM" i assume you mean for both left and right OSRVM? And, your car pictures doesnt show OSRVM having indicators on them?

How much was the original quote by dealer for insurance and what was the final amount you paid for it from outside? Insurer name?
Right, OSVRM on both sides. Due to paint job, they fixed it a couple of days after I took these snaps.

The dealer's quote for the standard package was Rs. 52,291, but I went for Pearl package from Tata AIG which offers the following salient features.
  • Repair the damages to Glass/Plastic/Rubber parts & Retain No Claim Bonus,
  • Loss of Personal Belongings,
  • Emergency Hotel & Transportation,
  • Key Replacement
  • Depreciation Reimbursement (Real Cashless)
The normal price for pearl package is around Rs. 62,400 and I got it for Rs. 31,931 through a friend.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats Narendra, the car looks awesome and pics are really nice. The FE you are getting also looks quite decent. You said it is increasing so can you tell us how much it is right now?
Thanks, buddy. When I took the delivery the Odo read 29 kms and the average showed 9.6 kmpl. The next 150 odd kms was done in Bangalore city and the average went up to 10.1 kmpl. By the time the Odo crossed 700 kms (with one trip to Vellore golden temple), the average reached 11.4 kmpl. The next 600 kms included one trip to Mysore and the average reached 12.2 kmpl.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:03   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Here's a picture to show the rear leg/head room. My security chap in the snap is around 5'6". The seat ahead of him is completely pulled back and the other front seat (the one closer to the camera) is completely pushed forward for comparison.
Thank You Narendra,
Doesn't look all that cramped to me, No? Also, do you think it can seat 3 modestly built people comfortably abreast in the rear? Those seats that you have, are they seat covers or the seats that came with the car? And are they leather seats?
Old 24th June 2010, 15:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank You Narendra,
Doesn't look all that cramped to me, No? Also, do you think it can seat 3 modestly built people comfortably abreast in the rear? Those seats that you have, are they seat covers or the seats that came with the car? And are they leather seats?
Absolutely, the rear leg room is quite decent. It might become an issue only for 6+ footers. Even the shoulder room is good enough for 3 moderately built adults. During our trip to Vellore Golden Temple (which is around 230 kms from Bangalore) there were 3 adults sitting in the rear seat and no one complained after the 3.5 hours journey.

Yes, what you see in the picture are the default leather seats that come with LTZ variants (both MT and AT).
Old 24th June 2010, 17:00   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely, the rear leg room is quite decent. It might become an issue only for 6+ footers.
I am 6ft.1inch but,a good thing, i dont plan to seat in backseat ever

Btw, i am assuming rear has flat floor throughout which would be quite useful for 3 people sitting abreast. Please confirm?
Old 24th June 2010, 17:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, i am assuming rear has flat floor throughout which would be quite useful for 3 people sitting abreast. Please confirm?
Nope, there's no flat floor at the rear. I guess only Civic provides that luxury.
Old 24th June 2010, 19:44   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, buddy. Since you own both Civic and Cruze, can you do a quick comparison of the two on various parameters for everyone's benefit?

Even I'd to make my choice between Diamond white, Atlantis blue and Misty lake. So, I asked some of my close pals and family members to state their preference from these three colors and went with majority decision. Anyways, the Cruze is a real looker in every shade.

Btw what's the average that you are getting?
Hey I have already done a pictorial comparison of both of them in my thread @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tomatic-2.html

I love both the cars and had I not been already owning the civic I think I might have bought a civic only now.!!
The Cruze offers incomparable perfomance which even the Civic fails to match but the civic is also better on quite a few other fronts.
1st of all you get the legendary HONDA (H) badge with it....
2nd.It has more headroom at the back
3rd.It is the only car under 20lakhs which even today after 4years of its launch is a looker.

On the other hand:-
1.Much better seating position as you sit noticeably high and you get to see the full bonnet and it gives you that commanding feel.
2,Though I am not a fan of diesel engines because of the economy factor (Cruze gives only 8kmpl) I cannot resist the temptation the huge torque provides.
3.The suspension is much better and stiffer and does not break like in the civic and gives you that german car's like thud.
4.The grey interiors are a pleasant change from the regular beige on offer in every other car today.
5.The various gizmos on offer make you feel good and you feel that your money is well spent
Old 27th June 2010, 07:31   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Hey I have already done a pictorial comparison of both of them in my thread @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tomatic-2.html
Thanks, Buddy. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the review and discussion.
Old 27th June 2010, 09:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Buddy. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the review and discussion.
I am glad that you liked my thread.
Even I thoroughly enjoyed going through your review.
Do keep us updated and also ask any question you have got on my thread
Happy Cruzing Buddy
Old 28th June 2010, 09:38   #58
BHPian

Congrats for your diesel rocket buddy ,cruze is the car of the moment,one of the est style meets best engine, my next car may be cruze AT but pls mention if there is any difference between the mileage of cruze MT and cruze AT or is it just a myth?
Old 28th June 2010, 12:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Congrats for your diesel rocket buddy ,cruze is the car of the moment,one of the est style meets best engine, my next car may be cruze AT but pls mention if there is any difference between the mileage of cruze MT and cruze AT or is it just a myth?
I agree, Cruze may continue to be the segment's best seller in Jun 2010. The MT is definitely more fuel-efficient than the AT. But this drawback of AT is completely offset by the near zero turbolag and far superior 20 - 80 / 40 - 100 acceleration figures in 3rd and 4th gears.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:36   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Two other things that are on my mind are Projector Lamps and an In car Entertainment with inbuilt GPS.
Hi buddy, first congratulations on "THE DIESEL ROCKET", many wishes for lot of planets to discover .

i dont own one as of now but am doing one surely, so I was searching the threads for information on In car Entertainmnent with inbuilt GPS.

I even tried contacting one of the dealers on ebay about the Car security and other functions which is there in the Smart Screen.
To which he replied they transfer these features in the ICE system they provide.

Do let me know if you find one in india or are trying to import one.
Would really appreciate if you can keep me posted on the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks