Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 06:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Not worried about that. Swift was possibly the first maruti to have it. That does not mean that the older marutis (remember baleno had 1.6 l) had chipped bonnet paints due to heat.
That means, it does not get as hot as I thought. May-be I pulled the trigger a bit too soon. Sorry!!
Old 12th September 2010, 12:05   #182
Team-BHP Support

Hi, little late to see this thread. Excellent buy indeed. The seat covers looks terrific! Are those leather (or leatherette)?
Old 12th September 2010, 22:14   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi, little late to see this thread. Excellent buy indeed. The seat covers looks terrific! Are those leather (or leatherette)?
Thanks. The covers are artificial leather sold by volkswagen. Costs around 7500 including fitting charges and tax.
Old 12th September 2010, 23:48   #184
BHPian

I wouldn't mind paying for the heat shield though. I will check at VW Downtown when we go there next weekend.

Any Polo owners out here with experience of after-market seat covers except driver 2000? I am wondering which is better.
Old 13th September 2010, 00:04   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Any Polo owners out here with experience of after-market seat covers except driver 2000? I am wondering which is better.
My Polo will get fitted with after market seat covers on Tuesday. It's artificial leather with tight cut-to-cut fitting. Beige-black combination that is similar to VW Sports seat covers for Polo. And believe it or not, it's costing me just 3500 bucks including fitting charges The quality is pretty good.
Will post pics once it's done.
Old 13th September 2010, 10:00   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
My Polo will get fitted with after market seat covers on Tuesday. It's artificial leather with tight cut-to-cut fitting. Beige-black combination that is similar to VW Sports seat covers for Polo. And believe it or not, it's costing me just 3500 bucks including fitting charges The quality is pretty good.
Will post pics once it's done.
Looking forward to your pics, Zohaib. I don't mind paying the money, I was wondering if anyone had any opinion about quality.
Old 13th September 2010, 10:10   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I second that opinion.

Naveen I have gone on the ghats in Yercaud on the Esteem which I presume has the same engine as your Swift and there was no way you could get enough torque in 2nd gear. On 1st gear it was a breeze.

Whether the 1.6 will pull in second gear, I seriously doubt. That's because my wife has been stalling the 1.6 engine in stop and go traffic and I told her that she has to start in 1st gear whenever she stops fully -- That's what the manual says too. Now she has no problem at all. On the other hand, the Esteem used to somehow groan and pull on 2nd from rest.
I may be wrong here, however regarding what you have mentioned about Esteem starting off with Second gear, this can be attributed to a weak clutch!
Old 13th September 2010, 11:23   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
I may be wrong here, however regarding what you have mentioned about Esteem starting off with Second gear, this can be attributed to a weak clutch!
Sorry, I didn't mean rest as in traffic signal. I meant very low speed like after passing a high bump.
Old 14th September 2010, 13:30   #189
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

This is my first post! Am expecting my POLO HL 1.6 in a couple of weeks max and would like to know what are the accessories that are must have and better to fit with the dealer. What else can be bought outside. I reside at Chennai.

Thanks !
Old 14th September 2010, 13:39   #190
Senior - BHPian

Welcome polopm and congrats. I personally feel Polo HL does not need any external accesories. For inside you can get good quality floor mats and door sil plates from the dealer. These are the only accessories I have, but I am kind of minimalist.
I think going by this rate Polo 1.6 will overtake Polo 1.2 on Tbhp very soon.

Last edited by poloman : 14th September 2010 at 13:42.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:00   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Hi BHPians,

This is my first post! Am expecting my POLO HL 1.6 in a couple of weeks max and would like to know what are the accessories that are must have and better to fit with the dealer. What else can be bought outside. I reside at Chennai.

Thanks !
Hi man.. I am from Chennai. Congrats on your new Car. Can you give me the On-road price of Polo 1.6 Is there any Discount? From which dealer you have booked? What is the delivery period??

Last edited by ashok_lat : 14th September 2010 at 14:01.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:15   #192
BHPian

@ashok_lat: Last week i visited VW showroom in CIT Nagar to check the Vento.

They quoted around 7.08 lacs OTR for Polo 1.6. But they promised delivery would be in 1 week, not sure why its 2 weeks for polopm.

Last edited by grules : 14th September 2010 at 14:16.
Old 14th September 2010, 20:03   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
@ashok_lat: Last week i visited VW showroom in CIT Nagar to check the Vento.

They quoted around 7.08 lacs OTR for Polo 1.6. But they promised delivery would be in 1 week, not sure why its 2 weeks for polopm.
Yes, I too booked it at the CIT Nagar showroom on 11th July. The sales guy tells me that the allocation is still not finalized and is expected in a couple of days. The OTR is 7.08 L, the corp discount works out to 10K.

Iam planning to fit the 3M sun control stuff, rubber floor mats/equivalent with the dealer. Is the parking sensor a good buy, have never used it though..
Cheers!
Old 14th September 2010, 20:39   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Is the parking sensor a good buy, have never used it though..
The typical parking sensors produce beeps as you engage reverse, the frequency of the beeps increase as your car nears a barrier and becomes a continuous beeeeeep when the gap between the sensors and the barrier reaches a preset minimum distance (usually set between 8 to 12 inches - correct me if I am wrong). The the sensors are useless for distances less that the preset figure.
It would be useless for me as I need to park leaving only 2 to 3 inches between the rear bumper and the wall.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:55   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
It would be useless for me as I need to park leaving only 2 to 3 inches between the rear bumper and the wall.
Try fixing a stopper in place, so that the car always stops at the required place. Now a days, good looking stoppers made out of plastic, are available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks