Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 09:32   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nice pics sadnabrina! Thew interiors look great at night! Are the seat covers cushioned nicely? How's the quality?
Which floor mats have you bought? Textile or rubber?
The seat covers are comfortable with adequate cushioning.
I took the rubber mats. But since the floor carpet is biege and gets dirty easily, I am planning to get pvc full matting done. VW does not have full mat option, neither are full mats available in the market yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
sadnabrina
For how much did you sell your swift? Lot of questions eh.
I sold it for 2.5 lakh +. It was 5yrs 71500 km old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Wow, the centre console looks amazing at night.
I've always been a huge fan of red lighting in a car, something about it that feels so rebellious and punk.
If only the ICE Head Unit Back-light was red as well instead of blue.
You bet. Red would have matched the rest of the dash so well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@ sadnabrina you actually sold your Swift to buy the Polo?

I have been toying with the same idea to sell my '08 SwiftZxi and buy the Polo but the resale price breaks my heart. Maybe your reply to rajeev k's query will give me strength to take the plunge.
Yes I did. That too without a TD. I got the first 1.6 in Kolkata.

Last edited by sadnabrina : 26th August 2010 at 09:34. Reason: response to khoj updated
Old 26th August 2010, 11:24   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Some images of my Polo 1.6. Most are taken at night and are not that sharp - time to upgrade my camera.
Here I have two images of the bumper - one without the protector and one with it. There was no bumper and body side protectors available for Polo in the market yet (at least in the shops I tried). So tried the ones made for Swift and it seems they are a perfect match. What say you?
Fabulous, the interior lighting is just perfect. Do you have the option to control the brightness of your dials?

Thanks for putting 'em up!
Old 26th August 2010, 11:46   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Fabulous, the interior lighting is just perfect. Do you have the option to control the brightness of your dials?

Thanks for putting 'em up!
Unfortunately that is not part of the Indian Polo.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:04   #109
BHPian

Hey Sadnabrina,

Congratulations! You have the dream machine on the road (at least from my perspective) Excellent, enjoy the ride and the feeling.

I am now inspired enough to post my own ownership experience.. hopefully later today
Old 26th August 2010, 12:08   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Some images of my Polo 1.6. Most are taken at night and are not that sharp - time to upgrade my camera.
Here I have two images of the bumper - one without the protector and one with it. There was no bumper and body side protectors available for Polo in the market yet (at least in the shops I tried). So tried the ones made for Swift and it seems they are a perfect match. What say you?
Hey sadnabrina , awesome thats the word which I can use seeing your pics. Hope you are enjoying the vehicle - both from looks and its performance perspective .
Polo always had good lighting combination in the interiors .

In between , I am not a big fan of the side mouldings :-( . I somehow feel that it kills the looks of the car on one side and on the other doesnt do much to protect from scratches .
But anyway as you are ok with the looks after the mouldings its ok ..

Cheers
Old 26th August 2010, 21:53   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
In between , I am not a big fan of the side mouldings :-( . I somehow feel that it kills the looks of the car on one side and on the other doesnt do much to protect from scratches .
But anyway as you are ok with the looks after the mouldings its ok ..
Cheers
If you carefully look at the door of a polo, you will notice a bulge at the point were the two doors meet. This point is down below at the place where I got the side protectors fitted. I thing it will save the sides from the taxiwalas. But rickshaws and bikes will still be able to do thier bit. Lookwise being black I think it brings in a balance with the the black b-pillar. But looks are always subjective.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately that is not part of the Indian Polo.
Its not a big deal really, but what really gets my goat is the absence of powered OVRM's.

But having said that I would still love to buy this car.
Old 26th August 2010, 23:56   #113

Since the vento has the same engine and ARAI rating if 15.83kmpl and the polo 1.2 has an ARAI rating of 17.2kmpl. I dare hazard a guess of around 16.5kmpl? In city should be around 11-12kmpl.

@Joy - Yes 10.5 is what I have got (measured at the 2nd refill) after covering around 500 kms. Hoping to see this gradually increase. The manual does not contain any ARAI or claimed FE figure for 1.6. In fact the 1.6 engine specs is conspicuously absent from the user manual, which was released in Feb 2010. They have not yet released an updated user manual. The dealer promised that they expect to provide an updated one as and when they receive from VW. Not sure how much they will remember this though.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:51   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonecrusader View Post
Since the vento has the same engine and ARAI rating if 15.83kmpl and the polo 1.2 has an ARAI rating of 17.2kmpl. I dare hazard a guess of around 16.5kmpl? In city should be around 11-12kmpl.

@Joy - Yes 10.5 is what I have got (measured at the 2nd refill) after covering around 500 kms. Hoping to see this gradually increase. The manual does not contain any ARAI or claimed FE figure for 1.6. In fact the 1.6 engine specs is conspicuously absent from the user manual, which was released in Feb 2010. They have not yet released an updated user manual. The dealer promised that they expect to provide an updated one as and when they receive from VW. Not sure how much they will remember this though.
My expectation is also around 12. Once my driver (he drives 50% of the time) gets accustomed to the car, we should get better. One needs to be light footed on the Polo to extract good FE.
Old 27th August 2010, 15:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
My expectation is also around 12. Once my driver (he drives 50% of the time) gets accustomed to the car, we should get better. One needs to be light footed on the Polo to extract good FE.
Since you have a driver, I guess you may be sitting in the back.

If so, how do you find the rear seat comfort? I felt the space was cramped but cosy.
Old 27th August 2010, 15:24   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Since you have a driver, I guess you may be sitting in the back.

If so, how do you find the rear seat comfort? I felt the space was cramped but cosy.
I usually sit in the front passenger seat. However I have tried the rear seat as well. With my 5'7" frame I am very comfortable. But the shoulder room is tight with 3 adults of 5'7" to 5'10" height and 80 kg weight each. Best suited for 2 adults and child. I think Swift was of similar size. The rear seats slopes backwards and the backrest is well designed. Overall I would rate polo rear seats better than swift.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:33   #117
BHPian

Congrats Sadnabrina on your fantastic brand new acquisition. Ive been keenly following Chethan's thread & once you got the 1.6, I think its the 1st real owners review anywhere that i could find on the net for the 1.6.
Big 'hello' to all on this forum, i've just joined in.
Sadnabrina, you sure are the envy of a lot of people right now, I've booked mine on 15th July, and I just cant wait to get my hands on it.
Enjoy the Ride.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:08   #118
BHPian

Congrats Sanrina... Maybe bit Out of topic but has anyone evaluated the idea of replacing headlights with smokey ones which are standard in UK polo's. Also if any dealer is ready to source them including the 17in wheels....

btw. I have booked 1.6 tooo.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:39   #119
BHPian

Many Congrats Sadnabrina !!! Hot looking hatch with Great Engine now !!! Can you please post a picture with complete side profile of the car, I want to see how POLO in red looks with the black mouldings -
I tried to modify existing Polo picture in ms-paint, but the output was not satisfactory.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:19   #120
BHPian

talk about my bad luck!

-I booked my 1.2HL polo in june and got a waiting period of 4 months.
-Last month i upgraded to 1.6, apparently i was the 3rd customer and was offered a delivery time of around august end.
- few weeks back I checked with VW gurgaon and the SP told me that he wont be getting 1.6 any soon , will probably get the TD vehicle first and delivery will start around end of September!

- Finally today i get a call from the SP; "sir you can get your car by monday...this monday!!). So they do keep their promise.
Curse my luck, i am off to Mumbai and Bangalore this Monday for a week for official purpose. Why does it have to be so frustrating. So close yet so far.

This will probably the longest week of my life, knowing that my car is waiting in the showroom which is actually walking distance from my house!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks