Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 08:19   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Well said!
But please try using multiquote - sooner or later the mods are going to catch up!
Sorry, was browsing from my mobie using the "bhp mobile" style via gprs. It does not have multiquote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
@sadnabrina Never really heard of that feature in cars,thanks for bringing it to notice.I guess thats what skoda and others call "follow me home" lights?
No. Follow me home is different. That keeps the headlights on for some time after you have locked ghe car before switching it off. This is ti facilitate you walk down through your porch with the headlights providing you light to look ahead.
This one side parking light is to increase visibility of your parked car to the traffic.

Last edited by sadnabrina : 24th August 2010 at 08:26. Reason: used multiquote this time
Old 24th August 2010, 09:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Hi adimicra,
There was a concept of lighting the parking light on one side only. You could have lit the right or the left parking light by placing the indicator stalk in left or right turn position and taking the keys out. This was to facilitate visibility of your car while parked in a dark twisty roadside. It seems VW India has quietly removed that feature.
Hey, thanks for explaining! I never knew that there is such a feature! I am pretty sure my car (Jazz) does not have it as well.
There is one feature in my car though - Once you lock the car, the cabin light stays on for a minute or so which provides decent visibility if you park in a very dark place. And also if you unlock the car from remote, the cabin lights come on immediately to provide visibility (before you open the door) - found it pretty useful. I am not sure if every car has this feature or not (My old Santro did not). But, obviously the illumination will not be as powerful as the headlights being on in the 'follow me' feature of the Fiats.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hey sadnabrina Congrats man!!! I think I SPOTTED your beast at Labony at around 12 today. It was red and had temp plates. So I thought that 1.6 belonged to you. Surely is a beauty.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hey, thanks for explaining! I never knew that there is such a feature! I am pretty sure my car (Jazz) does not have it as well.
There is one feature in my car though - Once you lock the car, the cabin light stays on for a minute or so which provides decent visibility if you park in a very dark place. And also if you unlock the car from remote, the cabin lights come on immediately to provide visibility (before you open the door) - found it pretty useful. I am not sure if every car has this feature or not (My old Santro did not). But, obviously the illumination will not be as powerful as the headlights being on in the 'follow me' feature of the Fiats.
A bit - my previous car (a 1998 mazda 626) had both of these features (oh yes - and it also had a horizontal auto swing driver side A/C vent)
See how much I downgraded?

Last edited by blackasta : 24th August 2010 at 13:42.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hey sadnabrina Congrats man!!! I think I SPOTTED your beast at Labony at around 12 today. It was red and had temp plates. So I thought that 1.6 belonged to you. Surely is a beauty.
Thanks Pancham,
Possibly it was me. Did it have black side protectors and black bumper protectors? I got them fixed yesterday. Today I passed through Labony around10:30 once and again around 11:40.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once you lock the car, the cabin light stays on for a minute or so which provides decent visibility if you park in a very dark place. And also if you unlock the car from remote, the cabin lights come on immediately to provide visibility (before you open the door)
Yup, this thing is there in the Swift too.
I dont think its there in any of the Hyundai Hatches, save i20
Old 24th August 2010, 16:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Yup, this thing is there in the Swift too.
I dont think its there in any of the Hyundai Hatches, save i20
Loos like this is a common feature in new age cars. I was pleasantly surprised to have it in my car though.
Does the Polo have it?
Old 24th August 2010, 16:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Loos like this is a common feature in new age cars. I was pleasantly surprised to have it in my car though.
Does the Polo have it?
The polo cabin light gets switched on when u unlock the car and stays there till you put the keys in. When you come out it stays on for some time too.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

lovely review Anirban - this car seems very promising. 1.6Litre - 105 horses @ 5250RPM - sounds fun.

Please upload better pics if possible.

Wish you happy times with this car. enjoy. take care and drive safe.

Where in Kolkata do you stay?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 24th August 2010 at 17:07.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
lovely review Anirban - this car seems very promising. 1.6Litre - 105 horses @ 5250RPM - sounds fun.

Please upload better pics if possible.

Wish you happy times with this car. enjoy. take care and drive safe.

Where in Kolkata do you stay?
Thanks Planet_rocker. I stay in the saltlake area. What about you?
Old 24th August 2010, 17:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

It was YOU!! The car is a killer!!!

OT--I stay in Salt Lake too.and possibly Planet rocker also.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Nope - i donot stay at SaltLake City. I stay at Park Circus (Beck Bagan). But we do have a family house at AA Block.

Lets not go off-topic and stick to Anirban's 1.6 Polo - still dreaming about it.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:53   #88
BHPian

What tyres?

Hello Anirban,

I was hoping you could share your experience with us on the ride quality with the OE tyres.

What brand are they?

Are you planning on replacing them with probably a tyre with a better compound?

Thanks
Old 24th August 2010, 17:57   #89
BHPian

I noticed a "Made in ZA" stamp on the engine block. In lack of detailed specs in the usermanual, we can then assume the specs to be similar to the SA model. I have that seen somewhere in tbhp and the FE was around 11 in city and 16 in highway. But possibly the compression ratio will be lower with our lower fuel quality. Am actually eagerly waiting for the next refill to get accurate FE figures.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Hello Anirban,

I was hoping you could share your experience with us on the ride quality with the OE tyres.

What brand are they?

Are you planning on replacing them with probably a tyre with a better compound?

Thanks
The OE tyres are Apollo Acelere 185/60 R15 84 T. The ride is comfortable enough. I have not tried to push much but felt more secure than the 185/65 R14 JKs on the Swift during cornering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks