Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2010, 14:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Let these guys know you're serious, I'm sure they wouldn't want a story like this, with all the proof you have collected, leaked to the press.

Don't let these guys walk all over you.

Best of Luck!
These reports are my last attempt at finding a satisfactory answer from Hyundai for all the issues with the car as well as the dealership.

Hyundai Customer Care - I am sick and tired of their machine like answers to calls/e-mails

Workshop in Junagadh- bunch of incompetents who were unable to fix any of the issues and have caused a good deal of damage to the car. Their favourite word : replace it under warrranty. Many replacements later, the issues still persist. They might as well replace the whole car under warranty

Regional Office, Ahmedabad- They have almost washed off their hands off the issue and are blindly protecting the dealership in Junagadh. The tall claims by the Regional Manager of "repairing the car at your home if the steering issue crops up again" has vanished into thin air. The jokers in Ahmedabad disconnect my calls.

If this report does not make Hyundai take action against the dealership or to address the steering issue, I don't know what else will. As far as contacting the press is concerned, I contacted them already. A prominent newspaper said we cannot cover the story as it is, but if you go to consumer court, we promise we will publish your story. I already wrote about how a prominent auto mag carried my story in one of the issues and in the next issue carried a small booklet praising the i20 sponsored by Hyundai(any guesses what may have happened??) - the steering issue completely vanished from their memory!!!!!

[quote=nanduchitnis;2137139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
day).
4. I am, now was a big fan of Hundai having owned the Santro for 10 yrs. The car performed flawlesslesy all over India. Now with mass production we get lemons...so some OEM of Hyundai is the culprit...so many i-20's have steering issues?
5. Now I wld recco sell the car but that wld be ehical provided you make a declaration to the next owner.
While buying this car, we expected that this i20 would be very similar in terms of maintenance and reliability as our old 2000 model Accent GLX. We have only realized that Hyundai's QC & service standards have fallen dramatically since then. At that time, Hyundai was a relatively new company in India and it probably laid stress on Quality and maintaining a high level of service standards. Now that it is an established brand In India, it probably doesn't care any more....any tom,dick & harry can become an area manager or a works manager, qualifications and experience for the same be damned. The less I speak about the Hyundai Junagadh Works Manager's qualifications, the better!!!!!

As said before, all I want is the issues to be fixed in the car, I am not asking for replacement nor do I want to sell the car because in all other aspects, it is still a good car. Its these irritating issues with the car and the damage caused to the car by the workshop in Junagadh that have been a major pain.

Rather than concentrating on fixing the issues, they were always busy giving silly excuses and saying that only my car has such issues. Only when I confronted them by saying many i20s and i10s have this steering issue, they stopped giving these silly excuses.

I can only say that as far as servicing a car and keeping the customer happy and satisfied is concerned, no one can beat Maruti Suzuki in India.

As far as safety of the steering system is concerned, I had asked the same from the Regional office that what if the due to the rattling, the steering system fails? will the company take responsibility? they never gave me an answer.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

HMIL East Regional Office Service Support Mr. Chaitanya 033-40060047

(West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, North East) Sales Support Ms. Subhadra 033-40060047

HMIL North Regional Office Service Support Ms. Neetu 0172-6605000

(Haryana, Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, J& K) Sales Support Ms. Harpreet 0172-6605029

HMIL Central 1 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Jayshree 011-41678800

(Delhi & NCR, Rohtak, Rajasthan) Sales Support Ms.Aparna 011-41678800

HMIL Central 2 Regional Office Service Support Ms. Nishu 0522-6714600

(Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttaranchal) Sales Support Ms. Nishu 0522-6714600

HMIL South Regional Office Service Support Ms. Latha 044-42204623

(Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, A & N) Sales Support Mr. Sivakumar 044-42204674

HMIL West Regional Office Service Support Ms. Swapna 022-40969028

(Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh) Sales Support Ms. Juanita 022-40969035
Old 14th November 2010, 20:30   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

HMIL West Regional Office Service Support Ms. Swapna 022-40969028
This is the same lady I was talking to. Now they do not even answer the phone at all if I dial the number from my mobile.
Old 5th December 2010, 08:50   #79
Senior - BHPian

I sent my report to Regional Head Hyundai RO In Mumbai & Ahmedabad, President(Sales & Mktg, HMIL) New Delhi & CEO(HMIL,Tamil Nadu). The report contains all the experiments with the steering & brakes that was being done by the ''competent" WM, SAs and technicians at the workshop(none of which resulted in a working solution) and of how helpful the customer care and the RO have been in solving the issues!!!

I also attached quite a few photographs of the damage in the car caused by those jokers in the workshop in Junagadh. I also made a video showing water leakage inside the cabin from the rear glass. I copied the video on a CD and enclosed it in the report file.

I will just wait and watch what happens. If still nothing positive comes from Hyundai, well I will have no option left but to drag the dealership in Junagadh & Hyundai to court.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:33   #80
BHPian

My rattle from the stearing is now fixed by Trident Hyundai Kanakpura Road Bangalore. They replaced the stearing bush to Urethane bush and the rattle is gone and the drive and ride feels so more refined and silent. The auto locking of doors feature has also been enabled and it locks at 40 kmph. Now I am more satisfied with my i20 crdi.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced

Its been more than 10 days since the report were delivered to Hyundai offices. There has been no response from the company, RO or the dealership. I think they have chosen to sit on the report. I am being referred to(privately) by the Hyundai RO and that good for nothing workshop in Junagadh as "jhik jhik wala admi".

I see no point in talking to these people anymore. I am going ahead with filing a case in the consumer court for the all the issues I am facing with the car. Our lawyer has asked for all the correspondences, photographs, videos, bills, phone call records and any other document lines to this issue. I know it will be a very long process, but it will atleast be better than doing nothing and letting those great men in the workshop get away with their pitiful level of service & worksmanship.

Also, the company (read workshops & RO) are asking customers(with steering complaints) not to post of their issues on the internet(read CW & team-bhp). First the company is unable to fix any of the issues permanently and then they ask the customer to keep his mouth shut. Pathetic!!!!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 14th December 2010 at 09:10.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:59   #82
BHPian

Hyundai-This was really not expected

Hi Sandesh kanchan,
First Of all kudos to you for bringing such critical issue into the forum and also following up with updates on regular basis,
Now coming to the point,
  1. As you have said you are moving to file a case, this is the right option but i personally feel you were a bit too generous on the service center and Hyundai as such, you should have done this quite some time back, anyways better late than never..
  2. As far as case goes, please do ensure you ask for a replacement to this car (Do not let your feelings or emotions come in between) because if they cant fix it then they have to replace it, simple
  3. And also in your claim you need to ask for compensation for the mental harassment and expenditure incurred for this case and entire tenure of the issue
  4. Next please contact media people again who had said they will take it up if case is filed, i hope they have some spicy news now
As far as my personal take goes, i had finalized Tata Manza but then decided to buy i10 / i20 owing to fact that 2 of my family members have Hyundai cars and Tata service is poor comparatively, but looking at threads like this i am back to my inital decision to buy a Tata Car, atleast i have a very good service support in Pune and also i know a good mechanic who can fix things for me if things turn out really bad.
No offense but my repect for brand hyundai is really touching an all time low,
@Sandesh: Please do keep us posted, really appreciate it.
Old 16th December 2010, 20:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai-This was really not expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
  1. As far as case goes, please do ensure you ask for a replacement to this car (Do not let your feelings or emotions come in between) because if they cant fix it then they have to replace it, simple
I never even for once asked them for a replacement. I had only asked them to fix the issues permanently. Inspite of having co-operated with them for so long and not for once having spoken to them rudely, this is what I got from them..... a bunch of "great" men in the RO & workshop who refer to me as paagal/jhik jhik wala aadmi.

Three days ago, I had sent an e-mail to customer care, Hyundai(CC to all the "characters" involved in the drama with my car) asking for status of the reply for my reports sent top their offices. I only got an e-mail by some Mr Ahmad from Hyundai,Delhi that they are looking into the matter, will co-ordinate with the RO & dealership and reply to me "soon". 72 hours went by, that "soon" never came( as in case of previous incidents). Even in my last e-mail to them four days ago, I asked them only to fix these issues, nothing else. But still they are not bothered to answer me properly. They probably think this is some sort of a joke!!!!!

The thing is in a small towns like ours, these dealership wallahs only understand abusive language and tough talk. I had already mentioned the case of a Verna with the same dealership where the owner being a powerful political figure managed to make the Junagadh showroom take back the car and refund the entire OTR amount for his damaged Verna. In that case , the person never talked with the RO or the company itself. Just good old rough talk and muscle power did the trick.

Anyway, the issue has been dragged on for long and early next week I am going to Junagadh to file a case in the consumer court with our lawyer. Almost all evidence - bills, videos, e-mails, I have put together and compiled, including a copy of the report which I sent to the company offices and for which they did not bother to reply. I have requested the mobile phone company( not sure if it is possible or not) to give me my phone call records of the past six months, so that too can be put to use in the case, where those people disconnected my phone calls and did not answer my calls.
Old 16th December 2010, 23:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced

I was also asked by Hyundai chennai office not to post and read reviews online. They said that tbhp was a complaint forum. I gave the service head a piece of my mind.

Sadly I have moved on and now decided against purchase of the i20. My friend's car has atleast 4 issues from day one. The car is 13 days old. New issues not reported before are loose contacts with the seat belt buzzer, water seepage through rear glass, door not aligned once shut.
Old 17th December 2010, 09:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I was also asked by Hyundai chennai office not to post and read reviews online. They said that tbhp was a complaint forum. I gave the service head a piece of my mind.
As I said it is so pathetic and shameful on Hyundai's part, can't believe their level of ignorance. What gives them the right to ask the owners/prospective customers not to read or write on team-bhp or any internet forum? The Works Manager does a very similar thing in Junagadh, when I visit other places in Junagadh after leaving the car in the workshop or if the car is parked outside some other brand's workshop , he would call up the place and ask what was I doing there, almost as if he was running a spy agency side by side

What they don't realise that if they are able to fix these issues and be more proactive in dealing with the customers complaints, it will only help in enhancing Hyundai's image, rather than diminishing it.

I know atleast two guys in the RO, Ahmedabad who are active members of team-bhp. They proudly display team-bhp stickers on their cars, but when it comes to practicing the principles, they look the other way. Not answering my phone calls, e-mails and calling me a jhik jhik wala is ample proof of it.
Old 17th December 2010, 10:29   #86
BHPian

This is the same level of service I also got when my hyundai faces problems. There is absolutely no chance of customer service/satisfaction from these bunch of idiots.

The service is good if the car has no problems. Once problems come up, then you see their true colours.

All the best for your consumer court case. Please keep us updated; but within the permissable limits.
Old 17th December 2010, 21:50   #87
Senior - BHPian

S*** just hit the fan and I am quite angry and upset. Read on what happened today

Quote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Subject: POSSIBLE EPS MALFUNCTION/FAILURE IN MY i20
To: Customer Relations <cr@hmil.net>
Cc: xxx <xxxxx@hmil.net>, xxx <xxxxx@hmil.net>, <xxxxx@hmil.net>, service <xxxxx@omhyundai.net>, <xxxxx@hmil.net>

This is further to my complaint regarding the steering rattle problem in our i20 ( Reg no. GJ-11S-xxxx, VIN MALBB51BR9M0xxxxxx)

Today evening at around 19:30, when I was driving the car back home from the city, I heard a click sound, possibly from under the steering column area. The steering wheel suddenly felt very heavy and tight,almost as if there was no power assist to the steering for controlling the car's direction. I had to use all my strength to bring the car to the road side and to a halt. The car was doing around 45-50 kmph and accelerating when this happened. The engine was running normally and EPS warning light on the speedometer console had come on(refer to pic titled DSC06683.jpg).I switched off the ignition and restarted the engine, the EPS light disappeared and the steering wheel seemed to working normally again.

I continued driving, the same click sound and steering tightness thing repeated again barely five minutes later, this time the car was doing around 35-40 kmph. Again with great difficulty I was able to bring car to stop right in the middle of the road, barely avoiding hitting the road divider. Vehicles in the rear were not too happy when this happened and were honking loudly, some of them did not have kind words when passing by the car. Took the photograph again(refer to pic titled DSC06684.jpg). Again I restarted the car, the steering was back to normal again. I reached back home safely, but badly shaken and angry. What happened to the electronic "Power" Steering ? Failed? Malfunctioned or did the EPS unit shut itself down on its own?????? Please take note that the engine was running normally both the times when this happened.

Now, the worst and possibly the most dangerous after effects of this steering rattle issue are coming to the surface.This constant steering rattle has probably ended up causing some malfunction in the steering and possible failure.In the pictures, you can clearly see that the engine is running & EPS warning light is on. I had raised this steering safety issue with your Area Manager, Mr XXX XXX and the same question I had raised in my report sent to your offices. Most shockingly, my fears have become a reality. I have lost complete confidence in this car and your company itself. It seems none of you are serious to solve this issue. Now what I am supposed to with this unsafe car? Keep it parked in the porch as the "Hyundai Porch Queen"??????

I ask you all this, If I had hit the divider or had I banged into someone, would anyone of you even have accepted that steering malfunctioned????

Please let me know what the company plans to do with this "latest" issue reported in our car or are you still going to sit on it and wait some disaster to happen with the car???? Inspite of the shock, I had the presence of mind to click photographs of this as your RO and junagadh workshop need proof for every issue. The attached photographs taken with my camera today speak for themselves and is ample proof of what went on this evening. Tomorrow they must not say I was lieing or I was ,as some in your RO and workshop say, creating "jhik jhik".

This is a very serious safety issue and I further warn you that if in the future, our car meets with any accident due to loss of directional control/steering failure or if any of the car's occupants are injured, I will be holding the following persons criminally responsible for lack of action in solving the steering rattle in my car( inspite of several e-mails, phone calls)

1. Mr XXXXX , Works Manager, & workshop staff, Om Hyundai, Junagadh
2. Mr XXXXX , Area Manager, HMIL Ahmedabad RO
3. Mr XXXXX , Regional Manager, HMIL Ahmedabad RO
4. Miss XXXXXX , HMIL Mumbai RO
5. All the persons to whom my report was addressed to ( Regional Heads - Mumbai & Ahmedabad, President- Sales & Mktg and finally the CEO himself)

These are the people who have been informed about the recurring steering rattle problem yet no one bothered to reply and now this steering rattle issue has probably snowballed into EPS malfunction failure.Please take good note of this.

For any of you sensitive enough, look at what has happened to the car due to your ignorance and refusal to acknowledge the steering issues in my car. The car, as of now is parked in my porch, have no idea what to do with it.It is probably unsafe to even drive it to the workshop now. You people tell me how it make the steering "normal" and "safe" again!!!!!

-----------------------

Regards,

Sandesh Kanchan
This is what I was afraid of and it is exactly what has happened
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced-dsc06683.jpg  

Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced-dsc06684.jpg  

Last edited by skanchan95 : 17th December 2010 at 21:56.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2010, 06:43   #88
Mik
BHPian

This is atrocious !!
Hyundai has simply chosen to ignore this thread. I admire your patience Kanchan. On my part, time to show one of my relatives this thread. Previously i had scared them off the Fabia for similar reasons and then they had decided on the i20. Though i guess hyundai would be least bothered with a few i20s less.

I wonder now, is there anybody we can trust.
Old 18th December 2010, 17:07   #89
Senior - BHPian

There has been no concrete response from the company yet for this latest EPS malfunction issue inspite of the issue being so serious in nature. The area manager replied with a one liner - "contact our dealer" on e-mail, ignoring the fact that a cc of the e-mail was to the dealership too. My brother spoke to this Area Manger and asked him to send some one qualified enough from Rajkot to look into the issue, he only replied "we can only send Mr XXX, the WM from Junagadh". Knowing fully well what issues we have been facing with the Junagadh workshop and that the Junagadh workshop is responsible for this steering issue, the area manager still had the gall to say this.

When asked why not someone on from Rajkot?, he said he can send someone from Rajkot but that we will have to bear the expenses for their visit. My brother told him we are not paying a single rupee. In that case, the Area Manager said, "we can't do anything". The phone was disconnected. During this talk, the tone of the Area Manager was not pleasant at all.

We did not want the stupid WM from Junagadh to look into the issue, he will only end up taking a short TD and eventhough he may accept that there is a problem in the car in front of us, he would go back and report something else to the company( as he did in the steering rattle issue). We neither trust the WM nor the dealership in this issue, not a single person in that workshop is technically qualified enough.

I did not have good sleep last night. Only a week ago, I had been to Rajkot with the car. It chills my spine to imagine what would have happened if this EPS malfunction/failure had occured at high speeds on that day and now these Hyundai idiots are still taking it so lightly.I probably would have ended up in a serious accident or banging into somebody. Only I know how it felt like when the steering wheel almost suddenly froze when the car was in motion yesterday.

This EPS malfunction incident has cast serious doubts in my mind over the "5 STARS SAFETY" rating that this car has got. Keeping in mind the unsafe nature of the car now, probably I will have to keep it parked as the "Porch Queen" for I don't know how long. Does anyone know who gives a car this rating? I would like to send them an e-mail with this issue.
Old 18th December 2010, 22:33   #90
BHPian

Check this link, might help you out I20 - Power Steering Not Working! While Slow Driving - Hyundai-Forums.com : Hyundai Forum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks