Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 09:05   #76
BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
@ ANHC Owners, What are your views on car's key less entry system. There is no beep sound while locking/unlocking and no siren if there is an impact or one of the doors is not shut properly. Can anything be done regarding this?
Hi BV

I was thinking the same but the prime reason probably is the immobilizer. But even in my old car I allways use to mute the sound before I lock or unlock the car.

+1 for not properly shut door, first time when it happened I thought the battery went kaput and tried with manual key. Then figured that one of the rear door was not shut wish they would have had some indication for it.

Iam not sure if we can add anything to OE and get those features one might need to replace the entire unit and void warranty as the features won't exist even in OHC/NHC.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:06   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Iam not sure if we can add anything to OE and get those features one might need to replace the entire unit and void warranty as the features won't exist even in OHC/NHC.
Agree. I'm going for first service of my ANHC this week. I'll try to figure out what SA has to say.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi BV
I was thinking the same but the prime reason probably is the immobilizer.
+1 for not properly shut door, first time when it happened I thought the battery went kaput and tried with manual key. Then figured that one of the rear door was not shut wish they would have had some indication for it.
The brochure of the car says "Key-less entry with answer back" and I was wondering what this answer back is? They should have provided visual warning if any door is not properly shut. In the manual it is mentioned that if any door remain open, the system will not lock anything and central roof light will remain on (provided the switch is in center position).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
Agree. I'm going for first service of my ANHC this week. I'll try to figure out what SA has to say.
I too consulted almost every Honda dealer here in NCR and all suggested to live with it as aftermarket fitment will void the peace of mind four year warranty. It would be great if a buzzer can be installed with the existing key-less entry system.
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

4000 KM completed !

Car completed 4000 KM mark today just after crossing Faridabad toll road. Since the summer is set in at its best, I was keen to know how AC would perform in this summer. The AC blower is little noisy at higher speed but it is chilly for sure (with two occupants). There is drop in mileage due to 100 % AC usage with temperature knob set to coldest setting, Now the MID is showing around 13.2-13.9 KMPL depending on driving pattern. Gear shifts are as smooth as they were on day one. Steering response is impressive even at higher speeds. I feel maximum power surge in third gear past 4K RPM. Beige interiors are getting little dirty so planning to get leather sets from Honda at second service. Classic Honda, Faridabad quoted 9000 INR for leather seats, is this price OK?

Consulted various people regarding the key-less entry system but all suggested if I wish to have the system to chime during locking/unlocking or in case of doors not shut, I have to disable the factory system and install aftermarket systems. I have decided to live with the default feature provided by Honda.

There are two small scratches on the rear bumper (don’t know from where they come). Let me see if com-paint will be able to cover up them without shade difference, will update on this.

Next update after the second service i.e. after 5000 KM mark. Take care till then.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03311-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03321-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03349-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 4th May 2011, 08:06   #80
BHPian

Hi bluevolt, please recheck if the price Rs 9000 is quoted for leather seat covers or art leather seat covers. I too am a customer of Classic Honda and was quoted around Rs 20 K for leather seat covers.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hi bluevolt, please recheck if the price Rs 9000 is quoted for leather seat covers or art leather seat covers. I too am a customer of Classic Honda and was quoted around Rs 20 K for leather seat covers.
Hi ZV, I just asked them about normal seat covers with Honda badging and they quoted 9000 INR. Don’t know if they are branded or not. Two color options were available black and beige.

What you have in your car? What you will suggest for seat covers?
Old 4th May 2011, 15:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ZV, I just asked them about normal seat covers with Honda badging and they quoted 9000 INR. Don’t know if they are branded or not. Two color options were available black and beige.

What you have in your car? What you will suggest for seat covers?
Hi bluevolt, since my car runs very less, has done just 3500 in 1 year, i have not yet opted for seat covers.
You can check for options at Decora , Neelam Flyover. Last when i checked he had Dophin seat covers in art leather for 8500. Those came with honda badging and he would send guys at your home for installation.
zoom_vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 18:16   #83
BHPian

@bluevolt: The leather seat covers aren't so cheap, they will cost you atleast or around +22K. I feel they are quoting you art leather price.
But now an art leather seat cover for 9K is on higher side. Last month I checked the similar one's with Honda dealer in Pune, he quoted me 6.5K (plain beige) and 8K for (beige + black). He claimed thenm to be original Honda etc. but again we are not so naive to believe it. So I think you sure have margin for bargain.

Secondly, check out after market seat covers if you don't want to spend more on leather seat covers, you will get a fair range of pricing of the art leather ones, nowadays the after market also has Honda badging etc.

If you want to go for Leather seat covers then "Stanley" is the brand you should be looking for. More over unbranded leather seat covers are much cheaper than Stanley.

Edit: BTW I liked the first pic of the above, the car simply looks Stunning!!!

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 4th May 2011 at 18:25.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 23:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@bluevolt: The leather seat covers aren't so cheap, they will cost you atleast or around +22K. I feel they are quoting you art leather price.
Hi remingtonsteele, you are right. I inquired about leather seat covers from two more showrooms i.e. Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon & Delhi) and they quoted 19K for genuine leather stuff which comes with exclusive model. The normal ones are available for 8.5 K.
I am in no hurry and will try to grab the best deal. The dealer also suggested that there is no need to get seat covers as the beige fabric can be cleaned during servicing by them itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Edit: BTW I liked the first pic of the above, the car simply looks Stunning!!!
Thanks for the compliments. I will try to capture few more such pics in coming times.
Old 5th May 2011, 19:20   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a new type of theft which we are hearing across the country. And take care of that little antenna, tight it securely as it is also theft prone. The antenna costs 1200 INR.
The antenna costs 1400 (Gurgaon) :P

The one on ours was stolen from within the society itself (our society has "round-the-clock" security btw).

From that day on, we have taken the antenna off and use it only during long drives. Luckily there is reception even without the antenna so don't use it during city-use. I know there's no point of having a luxury if you're not using it but there is no point having it stolen and then paying for it!

And no amount of tightening it will help; it can always be unscrewed and stolen.

After the atenna was stolen, I asked Pearl Honda if the one on Civic (body-fitted) could be installed on City so there's no risk of theft, but that ain't possible.
Old 5th May 2011, 19:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hi HC,
My car has standard steel rims provided by the company and the rims are perfect i.e no damage whatsoever to rims. I think there must be some sharp object in that pothole which may have cut the sidewall. I will take pictures in evening and share with you all.

PS - Today I achieved top speed of 150 KM/HR on NH1 while on route to murthal (to have some food with friends at sukhdev dhaba). How faster can ANHC go? Top speed claimed by company is around 200 KMPH.
Can you post a pic of the cut tyre?

I have touched 160 kmh on the ANHC and felt it could do a little more. It was quite stable at the speed. 200 seems quite a task though. Probably it would require a very long empty stretch.

PS: Oops! Didn't notice that the particular post was a couple of months old. :(

Last edited by ajman28 : 5th May 2011 at 19:51.
Old 5th May 2011, 22:07   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The antenna costs 1400 (Gurgaon) :P

The one on ours was stolen from within the society itself (our society has "round-the-clock" security btw).
I too remove the antenna when car is parked in very crowded areas/ open parking like metro stations.
My friend's swift antenna was stolen from his society read maple crescent Gurgaon. Such things happen even in premium apartments, how we can expect safety elsewhere. Honda should redesign this screw/unscrew type antenna and make something like which BMW has or like SX4 which has invisible antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Can you post a pic of the cut tyre?

I have touched 160 kmh on the ANHC and felt it could do a little more. It was quite stable at the speed. 200 seems quite a task though. Probably it would require a very long empty stretch.

PS: Oops! Didn't notice that the particular post was a couple of months old. :(
Hi ajman, I took the pic but couldn't copy it on my computer as memory card got corrupted. The cut was figure long and couldn’t be repaired so had to replace it with a new one. I am happy that Honda shared 50 percent expense on my warranty request.

I too think that top whack of 200 won’t be possible on our highways with stock tyres. But the car is capable for sure. After 160 you may feel little vibration from steering but it is not like that what I experience in my WagonR even at speeds of 90-110 KMH.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th May 2011 at 22:08.
Old 5th May 2011, 23:21   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I too remove the antenna when car is parked in very crowded areas/ open parking like metro stations.
My friend's swift antenna was stolen from his society read maple crescent Gurgaon. Such things happen even in premium apartments, how we can expect safety elsewhere. Honda should redesign this screw/unscrew type antenna and make something like which BMW has or like SX4 which has invisible antenna.

I too think that top whack of 200 won’t be possible on our highways with stock tyres. But the car is capable for sure. After 160 you may feel little vibration from steering but it is not like that what I experience in my WagonR even at speeds of 90-110 KMH.
All cars above City; (read Civic, Accord) have the invisible antenna. City and Jazz have the screw-in type. Given the premium that Honda charges, they should include it on all variants now.

My dad earlier drove the Corsa and now has the ANHC. The first time he took it to around 120 km/hr, he felt uneasy; it just did not give the safe feeling the Corsa gave him :P
Old 6th May 2011, 15:34   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
City and Jazz have the screw-in type. Given the premium that Honda charges, they should include it on all variants now.
This type of antenna is not only theft prone but it can also be damaged easily by cleaner or while covering/uncovering the car. I have seen several ANHCs with bent antennas which spoils the looks of the car.

Quote:
My dad earlier drove the Corsa and now has the ANHC. The first time he took it to around 120 km/hr, he felt uneasy; it just did not give the safe feeling the Corsa gave him :P
Well this is interesting

Was that 1.4 L or 1.6 L Corsa?
Old 6th May 2011, 15:40   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This type of antenna is not only theft prone but it can also be damaged easily by cleaner or while covering/uncovering the car. I have seen several ANHCs with bent antennas which spoils the looks of the car.
The simplest way out is keeping the antenna removed all the time; anyway I have kept a 8 GB pen drive in the USB so my dad hardly needs the radio.

I asked Honda if removing the antenna would damage (read : cause rust) etc. the threads to which the antenna is fixed; they said it wouldn't be a problem. So, the antenna is safely tucked in a cupboard.

Quote:
Well this is interesting

Was that 1.4 L or 1.6 L Corsa?
1.4l, my current ride! One of the sturdiest around

Most Viewed