Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 22:29   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
By any way was BOSE also a supplier to Honda in past?
Bose provides OEM ICE in many Acura (Honda's luxury brand) models in Canada! Never saw them in Hondas though.

Quote:
I spotted a habanero red civic on display and I must say civic looks many times better than city in this color.
Looks cool but no where close to the Milano Red that a Mugen RR wears! I could get my Civic repainted just to have this color!

Source - superstreetonline

Back to your car, how is she behaving now? what is the current odo reading?
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-front_view.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-rear_view.jpg  

Last edited by Ace F355 : 6th May 2011 at 22:30.
Old 6th May 2011, 22:47   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Back to your car, how is she behaving now? what is the current odo reading?
Well the car is performing up-to expectations with no niggle so far (touch wood). Still around 900 KMs away from second service i.e. 5000 KM mark. ODO meter as of today reads 4128 KMs with MID showing 12.9 KMPL mileage figure. There is drop in mileage because of 100 percent AC on in Gurgaon/Delhi heat and traffic. AC blower is very noisy in top position but is chilly.

I hate scratches on my car but it is just impossible not to have them on your car. A biker scratched the rear bumper (2-3 cm long scratch), will get rid of it by rubbing and touching up.

Now the rain gods have also started pouring, it’s time to wax the car will do as soon as I find time for this job. I use turtle wax for this job, much better than formula one but very hard to remove the residue.

My friend was suggesting me to fill nitrogen in the car as the tyre will run cooler in summers. Has anyone tried nitrogen in their car's tyre?
Old 6th May 2011, 22:59   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the car is performing up-to expectations with no niggle so far (touch wood). Still around 900 KMs away from second service i.e. 5000 KM mark. ODO meter as of today reads 4128 KMs with MID showing 12.9 KMPL mileage figure. There is drop in mileage because of 100 percent AC on in Gurgaon/Delhi heat and traffic. AC blower is very noisy in top position but is chilly.
Good to hear that!

Quote:
I hate scratches on my car but it is just impossible not to have them on your car. A biker scratched the rear bumper (2-3 cm long scratch), will get rid of it by rubbing and touching up.
True and they are unavoidable in chaos conditions we call traffic and road side morons ! My experience this week is narrated in my thread!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2337265

Quote:
My friend was suggesting me to fill nitrogen in the car as the tyre will run cooler in summers. Has anyone tried nitrogen in their car's tyre?
Don't bother with that, the air already has 78% nitrogen!
Old 6th May 2011, 23:11   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My experience this week is narrated in my thread!
Felt sad to hear about the incident. Such incidents hurt you the most as you are not at fault. But we have to live with such things if we drive. In fact this could have done more damage if the speed was high. For the windshield scratches try 'windshield experts' outlets, they may help you for windscreen scratches. My WagonR had a small hole in its windshield and they patched it up so well that no one can even notice it.

Do you have Com-paint touch up spray paint? I know it is not the best but very useful for minor scratches. Since your car is dark colored, color matching will not be a big issue. I am using it for both my cars and bike.

Quote:
, Good one bro. The guy at filling station was asking 50 rupee for it.
Old 7th May 2011, 08:57   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Looks cool but no where close to the Milano Red that a Mugen RR wears! I could get my Civic repainted just to have this color!

Source - superstreetonline
Wow...I truely agree that is the best CIVIC I have ever seen.
Mugen kits are truely asthetic they really add that extra bit or X-factor to the car. I opted for the Honda-Mugen Dual tone V alloys when I got my ANHC.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img_9289.jpg

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the scratch. Rightly said its next to impossible to keep your car free from it.

Quote:
Now the rain gods have also started pouring, it’s time to wax the car will do as soon as I find time for this job. I use turtle wax for this job, much better than formula one but very hard to remove the residue.
Yep its important to protect car from rains.
I would suggest you Collinite-845 or Collinite-915 instead of Formula-1 or Turtle wax. (plus almost 90% of formula one wax in the market are duplicates).

Collinite is much better than the later both and easy to buff off. By far is one of the most durable carnuaba wax available. Its one of the best Insulator wax the detailing world knows.
It can easily last for 2-3 months of harsh indian weather.
Check out the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ite-845-a.html

Quote:
Quote:
Though air has 78% of Nitrogen whats the harm in giving it a try atleast once ??
It is recommended in the hard Indian summer. I would highly recommend if you often drive long distances or want to check that i-VTEC surge.
I drive like 60 Kms daily and I felt improvement in the ride quality.
No harm in trying once, you can later decide for yourself...its worth a try.
BTW- ensure you are deflating the current tyres and then filling nitrogen only upto recommended specs.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th May 2011 at 09:23.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 11:38   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you have Com-paint touch up spray paint? I know it is not the best but very useful for minor scratches. Since your car is dark colored, color matching will not be a big issue. I am using it for both my cars and bike.
No, since my car's color is most painful to match, even for experienced painters; forget alone prepared colors such as Com Paint. Secondly, I'd really doubt the quality of of a paint can that costs INR 400 and certainly would not try it on my car!

How are the results for the colors you are using? Ever tried to patch up any scratches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Wow...I truely agree that is the best CIVIC I have ever seen.
Mugen kits are truely asthetic they really add that extra bit or X-factor to the car.
This particular Mugen RR is not only about asthetics! It is more like a beefed up, limited edition Civic Type R and has thrashed cars such as Honda NSX-R and Honda S2000 around the track! They say, it is the best Honda of the last decade! Check it out the video from Fifth Gear!

There is a Mugen RR replica in Delhi! Have seen the car personally and it looks really bada** (paint quality isn't upto the mark in that particular car though). I had inquired for the Mugen RR bumpers for my Civic too. They are available but are priced a bit steep! Therefore I decided to get Mugen RR body kit instead of whole bumper swap on my car!

Quote:
I opted for the Honda-Mugen Dual tone V alloys when I got my ANHC.
I love those alloys on ANHC, and they must be an expensive option to opt for! Most people would have gone for aftermarket alloys in with that much money in hand! Kudos to you for having these on your car!

What brand are they? Enkie? Mind sharing the price you paid for them?

Quote:
I would suggest you Collinite-845 or Collinite-915
I have been trying to find this wax for a while now! Used to use it on my Mazda. Good news is, it really works and lasts much longer than other waxes! Any pointers where to find it locally (in Delhi) will be of great help!

Quote:
Though air has 78% of Nitrogen whats the harm in giving it a try atleast once ??
It is recommended in the hard Indian summer. I would highly recommend if you often drive long distances or want to check that i-VTEC surge.
I drive like 60 Kms daily and I felt improvement in the ride quality.
No harm in trying once, you can later decide for yourself...its worth a try.
BTW- ensure you are deflating the current tyres and then filling nitrogen only upto recommended specs.
This topic is discussed extensively here!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html

People seem to have different opinion about nitrogen filling. IMHO, it doesn't come with some real benefits!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 7th May 2011 at 11:49.
Old 7th May 2011, 12:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep its important to protect car from rains.
I would suggest you Collinite-845 or Collinite-915 instead of Formula-1 or Turtle wax.
Thanks bro for the recommendation. I have also heard very good feedback from collinite users. I will give it a try for sure.

BTW - Whenever I buy a formula one or turtle wax I make sure they are 100 percent genuine by checking stickers/coding as discussed in one of the threads here on team-bhp
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ket-india.html

Quote:

It is recommended in the hard Indian summer.
I will give this also a try as summer season is here in Gurgaon and my car covers high speed roads like Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway/Faridabad Expressway/NH1/Rohtak-Jind/Charkhi Dadri with speeds around 90-110 KMH quite often. I will first try it on my WagonR.

PS - your car's alloy looks superb.

Quote:
How are the results for the colors you are using? Ever tried to patch up any scratches?
Well com-paint works wonder for my black WagonR and Karizma. No one can say that the patch is touched up. But there is little difference for habanero red color. May be it requires little practice before getting the correct shade. The pack which costs 400 INR consists of one com-paint spray paint, one solvent for finishing/merging purposes, one tube of com-cut scratch remover and a paper for rubbing purpose. The individual paint should not cost more than 200 INR. In general it is best for dark shades like black in my case. Since your car is also dark shaded, that’s why I suggested it to you.

Quote:

Any pointers where to find it locally (in Delhi) will be of great help!
Just send an email to sanjay@bringingbest.com mentioning your request. He is the distributor for this wax and will courier it to your place. There is no outlet from where you can get this stuff.
Old 7th May 2011, 12:16   #113
BHPian

Quote:

This particular Mugen RR is not only about asthetics! It is more like a beefed up, limited edition Civic Type R and has thrashed cars such as Honda NSX-R and Honda S2000 around the track! They say, it is the best Honda of the last decade! Check it out the video from Fifth Gear!

YouTube - Mugen Civi
I certainly agree it could be the best Honda of last decade.

Quote:
There is a Mugen RR replica in Delhi! Have seen the car personally and it looks really bada** (paint quality isn't upto the mark in that particular car though). I had inquired for the Mugen RR bumpers for my Civic too. They are available but are priced a bit steep! Therefore I decided to get Mugen RR body kit instead of whole bumper swap on my car!
I am curious, will checkout your thread.

Quote:
I love those alloys on ANHC, and they must be an expensive option to opt for! Most people would have gone for aftermarket alloys in with that much money in hand! Kudos to you for having these on your car!

What brand are they? Enkie? Mind sharing the price you paid for them?
Thanks Bro.
Yes they are Enkie and they really look fabulous. They are also available as the part of Modulo kit.
The dealer quoted me 48k during my Honda enquiry stage. Later, when I booked the car I swaped the default alloys that come with "V" series to get these and additionally paid 12.5K.
Later on I have heard them as cheap as 27K for 4.

Quote:

I have been trying to find this wax for a while now! Used to use it on my Mazda. Good news is, it really works and lasts much longer than other waxes! Any pointers where to find it locally (in Delhi) will be of great help!
You can find it here at Delhi, check this link BB Impex (P) Ltd. India, Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
Write an email to Sanjay he will explain you the later procedures. He is a reliable guy.

Quote:
This topic is discussed extensively here!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html

People seem to have different opinion about nitrogen filling. IMHO, it doesn't come with some real benefits!
I have been through that thread earlier but the results are debatable with no concrete outcome.
All I can say is try it yourself and be you own judge.

Quote:
PS - your car's alloy looks superb.
Thanks bro.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th May 2011 at 12:37.
Old 7th May 2011, 12:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I too agree on this. By far Honda has got the best OEM supplied music system in this segment.

As far as a CD player is concerned, do you really use a CD? A usb is so much more convenient. I can't remember the last time I've listened to music from a disc!
The absence of the CD player isn't really a disadvantage, but when I feel like buying an original music CD, I don't feel like buying as it wont be used in the car anyway. I find the USB much more convinient otherwise.
Old 7th May 2011, 15:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I find the USB much more convinient otherwise.
I too find USB more convenient than CD. I agree the sound quality is much better in original CD's but MP3 quality is also bearable. I think CD players are more prone to wear and tear because of the moving parts involved. The CD player (SONY) in my wagonr got malfunctioned two times since last year.

A couple of pics clicked recently.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02766-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02770-fileminimizer.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th May 2011 at 15:16.
Old 7th May 2011, 18:22   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since your car is also dark shaded, that’s why I suggested it to you.
My car's color is matellic with pearl effect! That is precisely why even painters have trouble matching it properly!

Quote:
Just send an email to sanjay@bringingbest.com mentioning your request. He is the distributor for this wax and will courier it to your place. There is no outlet from where you can get this stuff.
Quote:
You can find it here at Delhi, check this link BB Impex (P) Ltd. India, Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
Write an email to Sanjay he will explain you the later procedures. He is a reliable guy.
Thanks for the info, guys! Will be in touch with him shortly!

Quote:
they are Enkie and they really look fabulous. They are also available as the part of Modulo kit.
The dealer quoted me 48k during my Honda enquiry stage. Later, when I booked the car I swaped the default alloys that come with "V" series to get these and additionally paid 12.5K.
Later on I have heard them as cheap as 27K for 4.
That is a good deal you got on those alloys! Congrats. Could you please share a close up pic of these alloys? You should start a thread about your ANHC too!

Quote:
I have been through that thread earlier but the results are debatable with no concrete outcome.
All I can say is try it yourself and be you own judge.
True!
Old 7th May 2011, 19:32   #117
BHPian

Quote:
That is a good deal you got on those alloys! Congrats. Could you please share a close up pic of these alloys? You should start a thread about your ANHC too!
Bro I am real lazy bum to start my own thread ...may be someday I will do it. Till then this current thread of bluevolt is my very own thread that too with load of pics what say ?? (I hope bluevolt doesn't mind it).
I will soon visit your shark thread and comment on, lots of reading to be done (13 pages). But must say your shark looks one "sexy civicy shark".

Here are some more pics of the alloys as you wanted..

Name:  15inch_ModuloAlloy.bmp
Views: 7997
Size:  527.4 KB

This car pic inspired me to get these alloys, I was actually going for the same colour till I was sold off for Tafetta White.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-newalloyext_112.jpg

This car pic from Honda Australia Modulo kit brochure.

Name:  img_citymodulo_lrg.jpg
Views: 13761
Size:  54.5 KB

Some of my car pics follow, believe me the car looks much more sporty and aggressive than in photographs.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img_9263.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img_9269.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img_9273.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img_9277.jpg

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th May 2011 at 19:40.
Old 7th May 2011, 22:13   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are some more pics of the alloys as you wanted..
Well these alloys looks so tempting that even I want them on my car. Very good looking as compared to the stock Honda alloys which comes with V variant. Are they available from Honda dealer? Any specific name which should I use for placing an inquiry with Honda dealers? I guess yours is the V variant and you exchanged the stock ones with this set.

Quote:
Till then this current thread of bluevolt is my very own thread that too with load of pics what say ?? (I hope bluevolt doesn't mind it).
Not at all bro, you are most welcome

Quote:
My car's color is matellic with pearl effect! That is precisely why even painters have trouble matching it properly!
Yup, it is difficult matching metallic paints. I also find it tough to match the touch up paint with the original habanero red pearl color. That's why i use it for very minor scratches.

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th May 2011 at 22:18.
Old 7th May 2011, 23:36   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Well these alloys looks so tempting that even I want them on my car. Very good looking as compared to the stock Honda alloys which comes with V variant. Are they available from Honda dealer? Any specific name which should I use for placing an inquiry with Honda dealers? I guess yours is the V variant and you exchanged the stock ones with this set.

Not at all bro, you are most welcome
Thanks Bro.
Yes, I swapped the "V" variant stock alloys for these.
Yes, these are available with Honda dealers as Honda genuine accessory. The name is "Genuine Honda dual tone V alloys" is what you should be asking them. These alloys don't void shock warranty unlike the after market ones.
Bro the "V" variant stock alloys are also good but I just wanted these to be there (my 2 cents; I feel the difference in handling when I drive my friends VMT and my VMT due to these alloys; can say for sure that its not psychological).

BTW my advice is please check my earlier post on the prices I mentioned if you are seriously trying for it.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 10:14   #120
Team-BHP Support

Hey bluevolt, when did you take your car for the 1st service after the 3 free ones?

My dad got a call from Pearl Honda, Gurgaon "advising" him that he should give the car for servicing. (The car will complete a year on 9th June and the last service was done in the 2nd week fo Jan).

And here's the best part : they said if he fails to take the car for servicing, "in case of any issues, they cannot guarantee that the parts would be replaced for free even under the 2+2 years warranty".

They say the car has to come for servicing every quarter!

I guess Honda can expect a nice email from me very soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks