Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:13   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hi bluevolt, longtime since writing to you, but have been following the thread as much as possible.
Your car looks great in those pictures.
Have you done any detailing on the body?
How do you clean and bring out the shine, could you share your experience.
How is the performance of Goodyear tires? Any plans to upgrade the tires?
HC
Hi HC,

I have not done any detailing yet. Right now I am just waxing the car with turtle wax twice a month. I clean my car myself, did hire a cleaner but was not satisfied with his job and he scratched the rear bumper so we removed him from the job. Also when the car is not in use, I always cover the car provided with the original Honda cover so that to avoid fading of paint gloss. To maintain the paint just make sure that car doesn’t remain dirty for long.

Good year tyres are noisy at high speeds say 120 KMPH. My dad also complained of the same. I have driven my relative's ANHC which has Michelins tyres and they are much better than good year. Right now we have no plans for tyre upgrade but it is in future list. I don’t know why Honda didn’t provide with better size tyres for such a good car. 195 section tyre is best suited for City.

I am planning to get leather or art leather seat covers for the car during second service this month.

My car has done 4580 KMs and mileage is well over 14.4 KMPL (as on MID).

So how's your Habanero City doing? I hope you must be enjoying this wonderful car. Which brand’s tyre come with your car? What’s the mileage you are getting?

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd June 2011 at 22:16.
Old 4th June 2011, 13:29   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
So how's your Habanero City doing? I hope you must be enjoying this wonderful car. Which brand’s tyre come with your car? What’s the mileage you are getting?
bluevolt, thanks for the information regarding the method of cleaning and waxing.
I too follow the same method except that I use Collinte 845 for waxing which also acts as paint sealant.
When I did PDI of my ANHC at the yard, they had MRF ZVTV tires on them, I requested the dealer for Michelin and they agreed and swapped with another white VMT model that was next to my car in the yard.
I also got a good deal for OEM alloys (set of 5) as part of the deal.
I agree 195 is a better size for ANHC, but my friend who upgraded to this size is complaining of drop in mileage (upto 2 km/l).
So please consider this. Unless there is lot of highway use at high speed (in excess of 120 Kmph), there is no point in upgrading.
I have done 4,058 Km till date (in 7 months) and the mileage is about 14.8 km/l.
Sorry I have not updated my thread for a long time and will try to do soon.
When you come to Chennai, please let me know so that we can meet.

HC

Last edited by Habanero City : 4th June 2011 at 13:30. Reason: Typo
Old 4th June 2011, 18:38   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So please consider this. Unless there is lot of highway use at high speed (in excess of 120 Kmph), there is no point in upgrading.
I have done 4,058 Km till date (in 7 months) and the mileage is about 14.8 km/l.
Generally our commute is inside Delhi and Gurgaon/Haryana roads with very occasional long trips, these are the only reasons we are reluctant in upgrading the tires.

Quote:
When you come to Chennai, please let me know so that we can meet.
HC
Sure!
Old 4th June 2011, 19:38   #214
Senior - BHPian

I was checking the engine compartment for visual inspection. I observed a sort of duct at extreme right near the battery. Please help me in identifying what that ducts is for.

The object marked with red circle under the bonnet must be the noise insulation material (last picture).
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03591-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03592-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03594-fileminimizer.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th June 2011 at 19:41.
Old 4th June 2011, 20:23   #215
BHPian

Thats the way ANHC inhales - Air intake system
The 1st pic pipe connects to the 2nd object in the 3rd pic when the bonnet is closed. The airflow is well channelled from the Air Dam to this ducting.

Dude, you need to dust your engine bay on priority I would suggest a pressure wash only with water (& no diesel/kerosene overspray).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 4th June 2011 at 20:25.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 23:44   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Thats the way ANHC inhales - Air intake system
Thanks buddy for clearing my doubt. But the other black material in the third picture (left side) must be the sound deadening material.

Quote:
Dude, you need to dust your engine bay on priority I would suggest a pressure wash only with water (& no diesel/kerosene overspray).
Actually I am delaying this job as service date is coming near and it will be cleaned during service only. After that I will keep it as clean as the exteriors.
Old 5th June 2011, 10:50   #217
BHPian

Quote:

But the other black material in the third picture (left side) must be the sound deadening material.
I guess you can call it sound deadening or for that matter bonnet heat insulation from the engine block just below it when the bonnet is closed.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 5th June 2011 at 10:52.
Old 5th June 2011, 12:09   #218
BHPian

bluevolt, the right marking on the third photo is the air intake duct that is fixed on the bonnet.
When the bonnet is closed, the air intake from the front through the air dam is flowed in through these ducts in to the air filter inlet shown in the right hand side marking in the picture-1.
Hey you have fooled us by showing only the beauty of the exterior of the car until you showed what is under the hood.
Better clean it quickly.

HC
Old 5th June 2011, 15:50   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey you have fooled us by showing only the beauty of the exterior of the car until you showed what is under the hood.
Better clean it quickly.

HC
Quote:

OK friends, I will clean the engine bay in a day or two.

Any precaution which I should take while washing the engine bay? I mean how to protect the alternator (I can see windings of alternator-check picture), ECU, battery etcetera.

I am worried if washing engine regularly may cause rusting, hence was reluctant in cleaning it.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th June 2011 at 16:16.
Old 6th June 2011, 21:08   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Better clean it quickly.
HC
Quote:

Quote:
OK friends, I will clean the engine bay in a day or two.
Cleaned the engine bay today evening. I guess its OK now.

Before cleaning

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-engine-1.jpg

After cleaning

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-engine-2.jpg

The Gem of an engine

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03638.jpg
Old 6th June 2011, 21:42   #221
BHPian

Nice job cleaning there. Just a query : I find it difficult to slot the vehicle into first gear unless the vehicle is literally at 0 km/hr. Is this the case with all cars? When the car is at rest, it easily slots into first gear, but when the car is at speeds of say 5 km/hr 1st gear doesn't fall that easily into place. I'm obviously talking of speeds where 1st gear would be ideal and 2nd gear would knock mildly.
Old 6th June 2011, 21:58   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Nice job cleaning there. Just a query : I find it difficult to slot the vehicle into first gear unless the vehicle is literally at 0 km/hr. Is this the case with all cars? When the car is at rest, it easily slots into first gear, but when the car is at speeds of say 5 km/hr 1st gear doesn't fall that easily into place. I'm obviously talking of speeds where 1st gear would be ideal and 2nd gear would knock mildly.
Hi fanaticonwheels,

I do not have any issue with the gears slotting as mentioned by you. I asked my dad and brother also and they also haven't felt any problem in first gear slotting.

But still I will closely observe this tomorrow and will confirm.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:58   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Cleaned the engine bay today evening. I guess its OK now.
It looks good - Now I can really say the Cars inside and outside looks equally good

Quote:
I find it difficult to slot the vehicle into first gear unless the vehicle is literally at 0 km/hr. Is this the case with all cars? When the car is at rest, it easily slots into first gear, but when the car is at speeds of say 5 km/hr 1st gear doesn't fall that easily into place. I'm obviously talking of speeds where 1st gear would be ideal and 2nd gear would knock mildly.
I haven't faced this. I am sure I use this daily in bumper-to-bumper traffic in the Hinjewadi IT park in Pune.
I will pay more attention tomorrow and get back.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 6th June 2011 at 23:04.
Old 7th June 2011, 00:54   #224
BHPian

When I say difficulty, it's somewhat harder compared to slotting the car into say higher gears. I'm comparing it with the butter smooth shifts of the city that generally is the case. I just find 1st gear a tad harder to engage while the car is in motion (>6-7 km/hr). Hard is again a relative term, though it require less force, compared to the ease with which the car slots into higher gears, the first gear seems to be a bit harder. I don't know if this is some safety feature that Honda has thought of to avoid accidental engaging of first gear at reasonable speeds?
Old 7th June 2011, 10:59   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But still I will closely observe this tomorrow and will confirm.
Quote:
When I say difficulty, it's somewhat harder compared to slotting the car into say higher gears.
I did observe this today but everything seems normal for me. From when are you facing this issue? Was this like from day one?

Waiting for other ANHC owners to respond on this.

Quote:
I don't know if this is some safety feature that Honda has thought of to avoid accidental engaging of first gear at reasonable speeds?
There is mechanism of preventing accidental engaging of reverse gear while the car is in forward motion. Not sure about this though.

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th June 2011 at 11:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks