Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 12:20   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

I am interested in getting the OEM tweeters which comes with ‘V’ model. I also received an inquiry from a fellow bhpian, so thought of sharing info here for everyone's benefit.

I called RR Honda and inquired about the tweeters, their price etc. They costs Rs 3500 for a pair + installation charges as per applicable. So the final price may come somewhere around 4000 I guess. Tweeters are not in stock either and they told me that accessories come from Mumbai and they have no idea when the new stock will come.

IMO they are little pricey. Is it worth spending this amount on OEM tweeters? How they benefit the stock ICE, requesting 'V' variant owners to share their views.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th June 2011 at 12:22.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:41   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am interested in getting the OEM tweeters which comes with ‘V’ model. I also received an inquiry from a fellow bhpian, so thought of sharing info here for everyone's benefit.

==================
IMO they are little pricey. Is it worth spending this amount on OEM tweeters? How they benefit the stock ICE, requesting 'V' variant owners to share their views.
Bluevolt, The tweeters in 'V' varient really adds that extra infact more than that to the music being played. These tweeters clearly distinguish the sound played by various instruments and its a treat for our ears especially when you are a die hard music lover which I enjoy all the time.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 13:17   #288
BHPian

Quote:
How they benefit the stock ICE, requesting 'V' variant owners to share their views.
I would say that the tweeters make quite difference and improves the overall listening experience. Once I tried out my friends "S" variant and could feel the difference in the overall sound quality.

Please check the prices from outside dealers. If the price difference is not much and then go with Honda accessories, as Honda and their dealers always crib about warranty (if the modifications are carried out in electrical wirings from outside).

If you have good relationship with your Honda delaer, then you can manage the warranty part as I belive for tweeters there will be additional wiring and no cuts in the exisiting wiring.
Ram_NP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 13:31   #289
Senior - BHPian

The Race!

Here is the Honda City track "The Race" in MP3 format available for download from here. I quite like this song and it is my Ringing tone. In fact this was the first song which I played on my car after taking the delivery.

Link to advertisement video from where I grabbed this MP3

My dad loves this ad and in fact this made him to look for Honda City. Sometimes advertisements too plays very crucial role in deciding on a car purchase.

Some information about this advertisement

The All New Honda City Commercial - "The Race" - Director's Cut
Production House: MAGIC HOUR FILMS (Samir SARKAR),
Director: Alexander PAUL,
Creative Director: Adrian MENDONZA,
Agency: DENTSU MARCOM India,
Post Production: PRIME FOCUS (Raj TAMBAKU),
Music: "STRINGS"
Shot on Location in Athirapally & Munnar, KERALA and on sets at Mukesh Mills in MUMBAI (Autumn 2008)

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th June 2011 at 13:37.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 16:31   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
I would say that the tweeters make quite difference and improves the overall listening experience. Once I tried out my friends "S" variant and could feel the difference in the overall sound quality.

Please check the prices from outside dealers. If the price difference is not much and then go with Honda accessories, as Honda and their dealers always crib about warranty (if the modifications are carried out in electrical wirings from outside).

If you have good relationship with your Honda delaer, then you can manage the warranty part as I belive for tweeters there will be additional wiring and no cuts in the exisiting wiring.
Thanks for information.
If I wish to go for tweeters then I will definitely prefer the OEM, aftermarket stuff will not match with the OEM in anyway. I clarified this with Honda dealer that warranty will not void if they get it done from here but will be an issue if I go for aftermarket stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Bluevolt, The tweeters in 'V' varient really adds that extra infact more than that to the music being played. These tweeters clearly distinguish the sound played by various instruments and its a treat for our ears especially when you are a die hard music lover which I enjoy all the time.
Thanks kirantp for the information. Though I am not an audiophile but certainly it is always pleasure to listen to good music. I will check with the dealer if they could order the part as they told me it is not available and may take sometimes as the parts are usually sourced from Mumbai. Let me discuss this with my parents also before I throw out some cash for those little units.

So how’s your ANHC performing? First the usual question 'Kitna deti hai'? I would like to know about your experience with Honda A.S.S and ANHC with some pictures off course.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th June 2011 at 16:34.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:01   #291
Senior - BHPian

Hi BV,
i am really late, no wait extremely late joining in the celebrations on your thread.
But as they so popularly say ~ it's never too late.
So wishing you many miles of Joyful motoring with your red beauty.
Love the colour BTW.
Ok have just read the first few pages so far, so will comment further later.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 17:17   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hi BV,
i am really late, no wait extremely late joining in the celebrations on your thread.
But as they so popularly say ~ it's never too late.
So wishing you many miles of Joyful motoring with your red beauty.
Love the colour BTW.
Ok have just read the first few pages so far, so will comment further later.
Drive Safe!

Hi mdsaab,

Nice to see you on my thread. In fact I was expecting you on this thread anytime soon and here you are. Once again thanks for the wishes and do update us on your ANHC which is coming soon. Keep coming back. Cheers!
Old 28th June 2011, 09:16   #293
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I was again surprised by the mileage figure. MID was displaying 17.5 KMPL while cruising around 80 KM/H in fifth gear. I noticed it quite late so I guess the figure must have gone higher earlier.
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-mileage.jpg

Here is couple of

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-2.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th June 2011 at 09:27.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:39   #294
BHPian

@bluevolt,

You keeping getting amazing mileage.Obviously Venus is enjoying your pampering every bit.
She looks as fresh and stunning as ever.

Love,charthom.
Old 28th June 2011, 22:08   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@bluevolt,

You keeping getting amazing mileage.Obviously Venus is enjoying your pampering every bit.
She looks as fresh and stunning as ever.

Love,charthom.

Hi charthom, thanks for your kind words. Nice to see you on my thread, keep coming back!

(This is for all ANHC owners, please share if you also notice this)

Have you noticed any sort of voltage fluctuation when A/C is switched on or radiator fan starts by its own?

If you still haven’t then check this by turning on A/C with interior lights on + headlights on and see if interior lights dims a little on turning on the A/C. I guess this issue is common across Honda Cities. I need to discuss this issue with Honda service people.
Old 29th June 2011, 07:46   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi charthom, thanks for your kind words. Nice to see you on my thread, keep coming back!

(This is for all ANHC owners, please share if you also notice this)

Have you noticed any sort of voltage fluctuation when A/C is switched on or radiator fan starts by its own?

If you still haven’t then check this by turning on A/C with interior lights on + headlights on and see if interior lights dims a little on turning on the A/C. I guess this issue is common across Honda Cities. I need to discuss this issue with Honda service people.
BV nice pics and great mileage too. even if the MID is a bit on the enthusiastic side.
I think not only City's but all Honda's have this issue. You can even see many Honda cars taillights dim for a bit when the compressor turns on.
So i am guessing this is a fairly common issue. Will monitor how it operates on my Civic and let you know soon.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:38   #297
BHPian

Needless to say nice pics of your Venus as usual

Quote:

Questions still need to be answered

Q1 Where is fuse box?
Q2 Where is ECU?
Q3 Where is compressor and starter?
Q4 Identification of 3, 9, 11, 12, 13 and 15?
11- 12- 13- Is the air filter & air intake system with air filter in one of those boxes.

15- I thinks its ECU

Q1. Where is fuse box?
Fuse box is on the inner side of driver side small glove box. There is some technique to open the press fit along with one screw, inside which there is fuse box with multiple miniature fuse. (I had to replace one fuse when the cigarette lighter blew up due to the vaccum cleaners motor).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 29th June 2011 at 20:45.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 21:48   #298
BHPian

Just found out; actually there are two fuse boxes in ANHC. (refer page 292-297 of owners manual).

Under Bonnet Fuse Box: Located on Positive terminal of battery (catering to ACG, EPS, Horn, Stop, Hazzard)

Interior Fuse Box: Located as said earlier(quoted below).
(catering to all other electrical systems of the car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Q1. Where is fuse box?
Fuse box is on the inner side of driver side small glove box. There is some technique to open the press fit along with one screw, inside which there is fuse box with multiple miniature fuse. (I had to replace one fuse when the cigarette lighter blew up due to the vaccum cleaners motor).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 29th June 2011 at 22:02.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 22:55   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Needless to say nice pics of your Venus as usual
Hi abhijit, Thanks for the compliment. Were you away from t-bhp? I didn’t saw your reply in any post for last few days.

Quote:
11- 12- 13- Is the air filter & air intake system with air filter in one of those boxes.

15- I thinks its ECU
Q1. Where is fuse box?
You are right. 11, 12, 13 are indeed air intake systems as I just recalled your post related to my query over some object under the bonnet (post# 218).
I should learn opening/closing fuse box in case of emergency.

Have you also experienced the usual dimming of interior lights upon compressor cycling (especially with headlights ON)?
Old 29th June 2011, 23:18   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Hi abhijit, Thanks for the compliment. Were you away from t-bhp? I didn’t saw your reply in any post for last few days.
Yeah Anmol, I was away for while, was out of station attending some important issues.
But what I realised from all this is - I am a Team-BHP addict now - the first thing I did is logon to Team-BHP as soon as I gained the accessibility.

Quote:
I should learn opening/closing fuse box in case of emergency.
Well, if you ask me even if you know how to open and close the fuse box still you wouldn't be able to deal with it.
If you go thru the manual you will realise it looks a far too complicated if we are not used to deal with it. The internal fuses are tiny fuses and even the service person needed couple of tries to replace the correct one with the help of his service cheat-sheet.

Quote:
Have you also experienced the usual dimming of interior lights upon compressor cycling (especially with headlights ON)?
Yes, this happens in my ANHC (& even in my friends CIVIC) and in my reckoning it normal so, just chill.
BTW, I got the DuckTail spoiler fitted and WOW man it looks GREAT ; pics "comming soon" on your thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks