Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 22:36   #91
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Speed Kills,
Could you post some day-time pictures? Also, won't this affect the warranty of your car?

And could you please throw some more light on the GTI logo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ok, to which wire are they hooked up to? Any cutting of wired involved? How is it attached to the bumper? Do they have a separate switch to turn them on ?

EDIT- Do each of the light units have 8 leds? or is it 8 LEDS in a pair of DRL?
DeKay: I'll post daytime pics first thing tomorrow morning.
The GTI logo can be sourced from ebay. I'll PM you the details

Sagar: To tell you the truth, I'm not too sure where the wires are connected as I had left my car with them & headed to work.
They had to make a few cuts into the honeycomb (lower) grill of the Polo in order get a perfect fit.
They do not have a separate switch. In my case, as soon as the ignition is turned on, the DRL turns on & when the parking light's/headlights are turned on, the DRL's turn off.
Each of them have 8/9 LED's.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:08   #92
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Here are a couple of day time pics.
Also attached are a few pics of the wiring.
---The red wire from the battery meets the white color wire from the DRL.
---These two wires run into the car & are connected to the ignition (I guess).
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-photo-1.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-photo-2.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-photo-3.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-photo-4.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-photo-5.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 13:15   #93
BHPian

Speed Kills,
Are they integrated into the honeycomb grill or just fitted on the outside?
Old 27th November 2011, 13:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Speed Kills,
They are integrated into the grill. They had to make a few cuts along both corners so as to get a decent fit.
Old 27th November 2011, 15:57   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Speed Kills,
This hopefully would give you a clear picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-dsc01020.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-dsc01021.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-dsc01024.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-dsc01030.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 19:27   #96
Senior - BHPian

Very neat, Speed. So there is no cutting/sleeving of any OE wires, I assume. I saw the kit and will get it done shortly. Good VFM compared to the Philips.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 10:25   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Very neat, Speed. So there is no cutting/sleeving of any OE wires, I assume. I saw the kit and will get it done shortly. Good VFM compared to the Philips.
I guess there will be 2 splices, its connected to the ACC wire so that once the ignition is on it will lightup, and once the headlight is on its getting off which shows the HL power is also spliced.

@ Speedkills, it would've been better to avoid cutting the honey comb grills for installing the DRLs as these can go off at any time and you will be forced to keep those blown DRLS to cover the holes. Just a thought.

Last edited by sajjt : 29th November 2011 at 10:35.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

speed kills, it fits perfectly on your stead buddy. Looks Good

I have been looking at all the cars in the market now and I personally feel that After market DRL's will look good only on Polo and Vento due to their wide Grin !!
The other cars seem to have a narrow design up front and DRL's will have to be installed closer and might look like an after thought. I realized this after installing them on my Getzy and seems that my stead was one of the last cars to retain the "Wide Grin" facia.

Can you please share the price for these and the place you bought them from ?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 29th November 2011 at 11:06.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 11:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I guess there will be 2 splices, its connected to the ACC wire so that once the ignition is on it will lightup, and once the headlight is on its getting off which shows the HL power is also spliced.

@ Speedkills, it would've been better to avoid cutting the honey comb grills for installing the DRLs as these can go off at any time and you will be forced to keep those blown DRLS to cover the holes. Just a thought.
I too thought of the same Sajjt. But on a brighter side, I've imported the GTI grille kit from Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
speed kills, it fits perfectly on your stead buddy. Looks Good

I have been looking at all the cars in the market now and I personally feel that After market DRL's will look good only on Polo and Vento due to their wide Grin !!
The other cars seem to have a narrow design up front and DRL's will have to be installed closer and might look like an after thought. I realized this after installing them on my Getzy and seems that my stead was one of the last cars to retain the "Wide Grin" facia.

Can you please share the price for these and the place you bought them from ?
Vik! Thanks a lot for the comment
It cost me 3.9 K
Picked it up from "Car Fancy" on Koramangala 80 Ft. Road.
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:02   #100
BHPian

Came across these at olx.in, any comments about the quality of these?

DRL - DAYTIME RUNNING LED LIGHTS KIT - Delhi - Car Parts - Vasant Kunj
Old 3rd December 2011, 18:27   #101
knp
BHPian

^ The above ones are listed by Varun, our TBHP member who had already posted in our classifieds section also. We have got the same DRLs and they are very good.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, a fellow bhpian mjkaushal requested me to share the pics of the Switch for my DRL through a PM. I don't know if its just my account or for security reasons I am unable to attach any pics for a PM.

Hence posting the pics here for reference.

Hi,

The DRLs look fabulous on your car !! I too have a getz, on which I plan to put these.

Could you please put a photograph of the " dummy Switch " which you say was carved in to have better clarity . It would make things a lot better..

Thanks ..
Kaushal.

Thanks buddy and sorry for the delay in reverting to your mail, was away from "Technology" during the weekend !!

I am posting couple of pics of the switch for you. Have a look
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-20111205-07.59.31.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-20111205-07.59.47.jpg  

Old 18th December 2011, 13:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

Installed DRLs in my Palio. Wanted to space it apart but this was the maximum possible within grills in the bumper. Each one has 5 LEDs each.

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-_dsc1308.jpg

* No switch for DRLs
* Turns on the moment ignition is ON.
* Turns off automatically the moment parking lamps are ON.
(As per European norms, well almost )

DRLs are properly clamped onto the bumper, no adhesives used. Relay fixed near battery using adhesive tape. Had to find out which wire is the one for parking lights, then spliced it to connect the relay to it.

Got these from dealextreme.com for 2.3K. I think its VFM compared to the Philips ones which are priced for the super rich. Though the site said it is 90 lumen, they are really bright. Thankfully, They don't have that cheap blueish white color. The unit is sealed with some kind of sealant, I guess it is silicone sealant.

Last edited by clevermax : 18th December 2011 at 13:45.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 21:02   #104
Senior - BHPian

One more planned click with DRLs:
clevermax is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 21:18   #105
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
One more planned click with DRLs:
That's a fantastic snap clevermax! Your car looks even more beautiful with those DRLs, they are quite bright and 2.3K is a very reasonable price. Which brand is this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks