Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 14:19   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Don't want to sound cheesy here, but trust me, it looks much better in flesh!!
I can vouch for that...After seeing the car on saturday, I must say, the pictures don't do justice to the present looks.

Vik0728, post better pictures soon for the benefit of everyone on the forum.
The lamps were looking too good in terms of quality for the 1.2k you've paid
Old 21st November 2011, 17:29   #77
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
pr_ans I did not order these myself but a fellow bhpian Sanjay (Handle - Kimified) took all the trouble and did it for me. Owe him big time.
You can probably check with him for the link and place an order, which I believe is pretty simple.

For the fitting, I had been to Konark near Jaydeva flyover. The owner "Raju" is a good friend of mine and has some talented kids working for him there. Let me know in case you need any assistance.
Cool, thanx a lot Vik will send a PM to Sanjay to get the info on the link. I get my ICE stuff n electricals done at Konark as well, so will get in touch with Raju bhai once I get the stuff delivered. Thanx again for all the help
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Vik0728, post better pictures soon for the benefit of everyone on the forum.
The lamps were looking too good in terms of quality for the 1.2k you've paid
Thank you Hemanth.

I know its not as bright as say a Philips DRL but Im sure one can expect atleast 80% the brightness at 20% cost!!!

All thanks to Sanjay.

Posting some Pics bro and hopefully these are "Better" !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Cool, thanx a lot Vik will send a PM to Sanjay to get the info on the link. I get my ICE stuff n electricals done at Konark as well, so will get in touch with Raju bhai once I get the stuff delivered. Thanx again for all the help
pr_ans go get one for yourself at the earliest bro. Take my word, you will never regret. And yes, Raju bhai is the person to contact.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-pdrl-1.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-pdrl-2.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-pdrl-3.jpg  

Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

Dolphin, looks very nice. How is the light mounted on the bumper? Is the control unit stuck or screwed in? A long distance pic of the car will also help.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:56   #80
BHPian

Last week, I bought a DRL set from Varun (from our classifieds).
Finally got the time over the weekend to fix the same. I have fixed it to the ignition so that it switches on with the vehicle and switches off when I switch off the ignition. I have also put in a switch so that if required I can override the DRL's and switch it off.

Attached are some snaps. Would like your feedback on the same.

Daytime snap:
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-daytime.jpg

Daytime closeup snap:
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-daytime_closeup.jpg

DRL's in the night is lighted background:
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-night_drl_only.jpg

All lights switched on in pitch darkness:
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-night_all_lights.jpg

Only DRL's switched on in pitch darkness:
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-pitch_dark_drl_only.jpg
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 00:34   #81
BHPian

Congrats f1fan, the DRL's looks great! I was planning on getting a pair for my Dzire as well, but then decided against it because I couldn't find an appropriate place to fix them.

Could you post some pics of the switch?
Old 23rd November 2011, 08:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Attached are some snaps. Would like your feedback on the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I couldn't find an appropriate place to fix them.

Sweet. But IMO they should be a bit more on the outer side, say the lower edge of the HL assembly.Actually it will depend on the method one uses to fix the lamps, screws, double sided tape etc. Aclose up snap of the fix without the lights on would be helpful too.Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 08:30   #83
Team-BHP Support

I saw the Philips air purification system yesterday. Has a cheaper version debuted as well? Any first hand experience anyone?
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Congrats f1fan, the DRL's looks great! I was planning on getting a pair for my Dzire as well, but then decided against it because I couldn't find an appropriate place to fix them.

Will do today evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Sweet. But IMO they should be a bit more on the outer side, say the lower edge of the HL assembly.Actually it will depend on the method one uses to fix the lamps, screws, double sided tape etc. Aclose up snap of the fix without the lights on would be helpful too.Thanks
Actually I too wanted to keep it as near to the head lights but there is no space. The DRL's have the option of being fixed on its plates through screws or can be fixed using Double side tape.

Currently I have fixed using screws. As the holes are on the lower side of the bumper, even if I move the DRL's, there would be no issue as the holes are out of sight.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I saw these Telefunken DRL's and they were of excellent quality. 8 LED's for around 4.5K. Quality is way better than the chines ones and cost is half of Philips.

Telefunken is a German company and is pretty well known.

Worth a look for people looking at good quality DRL's but can't shell out for the philips.
Just added these to the Polo. It definitely is a VFM DRL in the market. Looks great & the quality like you said is amazing.

Set me back 3.9K
Old 25th November 2011, 20:03   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills

Just added these to the Polo. It definitely is a VFM DRL in the market. Looks great & the quality like you said is amazing.

Set me back 3.9K
Details please. Where you bought it? And where have you connected the lights to?
Old 25th November 2011, 20:31   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Details please. Where you bought it? And where have you connected the lights to?
Sagar! I picked it up at "Car Fancy" in Koramangala 80 Feet Road. I'm positive you'd be able to get it at any accessory shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_1141.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_1142.jpg  

Last edited by speed kills : 25th November 2011 at 20:44.
speed kills is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 20:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Telefunken. Being imported by a BLR company called Hitec cars. Good quality. Are they the same system as Philips? I am concerned about wire cutting. Sagar, some install and daytime pics will help.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 26th November 2011 at 20:57.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:02   #89
BHPian

Hi Speed Kills,
Could you post some day-time pictures? Also, won't this affect the warranty of your car?

And could you please throw some more light on the GTI logo?

Last edited by DeKay : 26th November 2011 at 21:04.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:49   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Sagar! I picked it up at "Car Fancy" in Koramangala 80 Feet Road. I'm positive you'd be able to get it at any accessory shop.
Ok, to which wire are they hooked up to? Any cutting of wired involved? How is it attached to the bumper? Do they have a separate switch to turn them on ?

EDIT- Do each of the light units have 8 leds? or is it 8 LEDS in a pair of DRL?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 26th November 2011 at 21:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks