Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 16:45   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Would installing a DRL void my Honda warranty?
If the wires are cut then it will be a problem. DRL's are direct fitment that requires no cutting of the wires. Just make sure that they do it properly.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:03   #122
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If the wires are cut then it will be a problem. DRL's are direct fitment that requires no cutting of the wires. Just make sure that they do it properly.
Sounds fair, but in such case how do they link it to ignition or the parking light switch?
Old 30th March 2012, 22:56   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Sounds fair, but in such case how do they link it to ignition or the parking light switch?
Both will work. I was given the option to connect it to the ignition for opted for the parking light switch. Moreover, the installer will know all latest kits are plug n play devices and the stock wires need not be cut.
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:11   #124
Senior - BHPian

Got the Telefunken DRLs installed on my Zen today. Went for wipers and boy were these tempting.

Well, money spent on the car is always justified, isn't it..

Got these for 3600 with fitting. Have connected them to the parking lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-20120502_205329_253.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-sam_0466.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-sam_0455.jpg  

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 2nd May 2012 at 22:12.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 12:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

Planning for a DRL on the Manza, problem is there is an OEM fog lamp (not that i mind). I was planning on the L-shaped design to complement the front looks somewhat, so need a vote on which of the drls will look good as per the mock up photo below.

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-drl_exp.jpg

Any ideas about the current offline market price? I was quoted about 3.5k for some unknown brand, that’s daylight robbery.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:44   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Got the Telefunken DRLs installed on my Zen today. Went for wipers and boy were these tempting.

Well, money spent on the car is always justified, isn't it..

Got these for 3600 with fitting. Have connected them to the parking lights.
You are using the DRL for the exactly opposite purpose they are meant for. DRL should automatically switch off the moment headlamps are turned on.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 13:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
You are using the DRL for the exactly opposite purpose they are meant for. DRL should automatically switch off the moment headlamps are turned on.
Correct Anshuman. I didn't want them on all the time, so decided to connect them to my parking lights. These lights if connected as per diagram, will dim when the parking lights are switched on and not switch off.
Old 18th May 2012, 13:14   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Planning for a DRL on the Manza, problem is there is an OEM fog lamp (not that i mind). I was planning on the L-shaped design to complement the front looks somewhat, so need a vote on which of the drls will look good as per the mock up photo below.

Any ideas about the current offline market price? I was quoted about 3.5k for some unknown brand, that’s daylight robbery.
Yesterday went on search of the drls Sachins Autoshop as well as Glamour cars and relaized that offline the drls are priced quite high, something that is avaialble for 1k bucks in ebay the same is being sold for 2k.

Anyone knows a shop where the prices might be decent.
Old 16th July 2012, 14:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

Recently got the DRL's fitted on my Honda City type 2.
Got them from S&S.

I have got them connected to a switch from which they can be switched ON/OFF whenever I want instead of connecting it to the ignition and it getting switched off whenever the headlights are switched on.

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-dsc_1012.jpgPhilips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-dsc_1034.jpgPhilips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img2012071000543.jpgPhilips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img2012071100547.jpgPhilips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img2012071200548.jpgPhilips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img2012071200549.jpg

Philips LED4 on a friends Corolla Altis Diesel.
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-539661_146402258830475_1640505003_n.jpg
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-541004_146404592163575_1418921593_n.jpg
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-599581_146404398830261_213011146_n.jpg
cityvic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 14:39   #130
BHPian

Does anybody know whether the DRLs void the warranty on the car? I am thinking of getting them fitted (LED4).
Is there any cutting of wires required?
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 14:46   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Got them from S&S.

I have got them connected to a switch from which they can be switched ON/OFF whenever I want instead of connecting it to the ignition and it getting switched off whenever the headlights are switched on.
Looks neat! Did you also change your HL bulbs to something other than stock? They're looking nice and whie too!
Old 16th July 2012, 15:53   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got them from S&S.

I did not understand this? If what you have are original Philips DRL then you don't need a switch and no wiring to ignition and all.

The philips DRL's are connected directly to the battery with no other connection. The DRL's work on vibration sensors since DRL's are meant to be always on.

When you start the car the DRL's switch on due to the engine vibrations and will turn off when the car is parked and ignition is off.

That's why they will never void any warranty since the connection is directly to battery with no OEM wire splicing or cutting.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 16:00   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Looks neat! Did you also change your HL bulbs to something other than stock? They're looking nice and whie too!
Yes,I have installed Philips Crystal Vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I did not understand this? If what you have are original Philips DRL then you don't need a switch and no wiring to ignition and all.

The philips DRL's are connected directly to the battery with no other connection. The DRL's work on vibration sensors since DRL's are meant to be always on.

When you start the car the DRL's switch on due to the engine vibrations and will turn off when the car is parked and ignition is off.

That's why they will never void any warranty since the connection is directly to battery with no OEM wire splicing or cutting.
Yes they are 100% Genuine stuff.
There is no Splicing and cutting of wires involved in my install.The mechanic installed them by connecting them to the battery and then providing me a switch to switch it on and off whenever I want.
But the car will have to be switched on first to switch on these drl's.They cant be switched on when the car is off.
Is there anything important I should get checked surely?Plus my car is 9.5 years old.Warranty is long gone.
cityvic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 16:06   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is no Splicing and cutting of wires involved in my install.The mechanic installed them by connecting them to the battery and then providing me a switch to switch it on and off whenever I want.
But the car will have to be switched on first to switch on these drl's.They cant be switched on when the car is off.
Is there anything important I should get checked surely?Plus my car is 9.5 years old.Warranty is long gone.
Warranty part I was replying to carfreak77. :-)

My question was that you don't need a switch at all since they are vibration based. Maybe in your case he did not use the vibration circuit at all and used the switch instead?
Old 16th July 2012, 16:35   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Warranty part I was replying to carfreak77. :-)

My question was that you don't need a switch at all since they are vibration based. Maybe in your case he did not use the vibration circuit at all and used the switch instead?
Thanks Vid.Just checked.There is vibration circuit installed in my car.Should I get rid of the switch and get it installed that way?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks