Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2016, 02:00   #586
BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,

I have this problem with my CNG Civic. There are occasional jerks while accelerating and when the car is driven in heavy traffic conditions it starts to shudder and stall at idle. This happens only after say half n hour of traffic driving It happens rarely when the car is driven on open roads. The problem seems to go away if i drive the car in petrol for several kms but comes back after driving in traffic.

Honda has checked the coils and plugs and same were found to be ok. Throttle body was cleaned around 3 to 4 k kms ago. The kit is a lovato sequential kit. Any pointers to the problem.I am using oe spark plugs.

Thanks.
Please get your CNG kit filter inspected. There is something called "Reducer filter" and some "O Ring"

This thread might be of use:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ters-time.html
ankurbhageria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 08:43   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have this problem with my CNG Civic. There are occasional jerks while accelerating and when the car is driven in heavy traffic conditions it starts to shudder and stall at idle. This happens only after say half n hour of traffic driving It happens rarely when the car is driven on open roads. The problem seems to go away if i drive the car in petrol for several kms but comes back after driving in traffic.

Honda has checked the coils and plugs and same were found to be ok. Throttle body was cleaned around 3 to 4 k kms ago. The kit is a lovato sequential kit. Any pointers to the problem.I am using oe spark plugs.

Thanks.
Just a update on the issue. It's 95% resolved by changing the air filter. I guess it needs a clean air filter every 5k kms rather than the 10k kms interval i was following. So a new air filter every 5k kms is the new norm for me.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:44   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
If this happens with the AC switched on it is probably due to the IAC valve or the map sensor. Get them both cleaned.
HimuraKenshin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 20:38   #589
BANNED

Quote:
. I guess it needs a clean air filter every 5k kms ...
Same for me. I have to change it at 5K on my Accent.
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 08:13   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Hello,
I had faced similar problems in my grand i10 when I had installed CNG kit. The cause of jerks was due to improper spark plug gap adjustment.
Please try to adjust the gaps with CNG kit fitter, as he might be well aware of the spark plug gap in Civic, specific to CNG adjustment.
Regards
Car's Paradise
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 08:11   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
You need to first check if any other Ford AT is running on CNG. Ford cars are not so CNG friendly. And with AT it will further complicate the issue. Try to find someone who has done similar conversion. I can understand FE of 5-6 kmpl is something which pinch every time you fill up the tank, I feel FE should be around 8-9 as Civic also gives atleast 7-8 kmpl on AT in city driving.
A fellow teambhp member nishantbhatia84 has installed a Lovato EASY FAST C-OBD II Sequential Kit for ₹51,000 in his Ford Ecosport 1.5 Petrol AT, and is quite happy with it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3973243

post no.36
Old 19th July 2016, 23:54   #592
Senior - BHPian

Greenglobe Kandivali has shut down due to issues with the landlord. They're number now gets diverted to the Greenglobe in Mulund. I spoke to the owner a day after it shut this month.

I wanted to get the kit serviced as I hadn't in 2 years since fitting, missing my 3 free services. Surprisingly though, I've not had any problems and its been running smoothly with a highway average of 21-22.

Any advice on how often it should be serviced? I took it to a local Lovato cng center and the mechanic there said you don't need to adjust it with the laptop as its working fine, after he test drove it.
Old 12th August 2016, 07:45   #593

Suggestions on CNG kit for Swift LXI 2015

Hi All,

I am a proud owner of swift Lxi 2015 and have recently been pondering over the idea of getting a CNG kit installed on it. The reason for it is the increased cost of fuel given my daily commute of 70-80 kms.
Request your expert advice on the following

1) What would be the expected mileage once I get the CNG kit installed.
2) Would there be an impact on the pickup and the pleasure in driving that i enjoy now ?
3) Any modifications required in the rear suspensions, given the increased weight of CNG cylinder in the boot ?
4) Long term implications, like frequency of service, cost of service, impact on engine etc

Also, would appreciate your help in knowing the best kit available(along with the price) in the market for Swift and also dealers in and around New Delhi, that are best in the trade.

Lastly, was giving a thought, to having alloys(14") for my car. Would having the same on my stock tyres be a good idea ?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Dev

Note from Support: Please SEARCH before creating new threads on topics extensively discussed before. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2016 at 08:01. Reason: Please read the note posted.
Old 13th August 2016, 17:15   #594
BANNED

Re: Suggestions on CNG kit for Swift LXI 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev.devil.1983 View Post
Hi All,

1) What would be the expected mileage once I get the CNG kit installed.

2) Would there be an impact on the pickup and the pleasure in driving that i enjoy now ?

3) Any modifications required in the rear suspensions, given the increased weight of CNG cylinder in the boot ?

4) Long term implications, like frequency of service, cost of service, impact on engine etc

Also, would appreciate your help in knowing the best kit available(along with the price) in the market for Swift and also dealers in and around New Delhi, that are best in the trade.

1. = Expect a 15-20% increase in Fuel efficiency.

2. = Depends. If you get a sequential kit, then pickup should not be affected IMO.

3. = Nope no such modifications.

4. = If maintained well with timely services, I think there are no such implications as such. I think you might need to change your spark plugs much earlier ( or cleaning them I believe). Cost of service will be similar if not same.

5. = I would like say that if i am not mistaken, the fitting of aftermarket kits are banned in Delhi right now. It was due to be being revoked but not sure if it actually was so do check with a local installer.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2016, 16:18   #595
BHPian

Guys I'm looking at the option of CNG kit for my Zest petrol. Has anyone installed it on zest before. Any suggestions and experience would be appreciated.

Regards
Old 24th August 2016, 08:38   #596

Thanks kischarit,

Also needed advice regarding the ongoing ban on cng kits in Delhi, there's no clear picture, I reached out to a few of the dealers, most of them said the ban has been lifted and the registrations would start in a few days, while others say the ban is still there,

Any one has any idea on this? Don't want get scammed here.

Thanks,
Dev
Old 25th October 2016, 11:57   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
If this happens with the AC switched on it is probably due to the IAC valve or the map sensor. Get them both cleaned.
The problem is back and now i am facing engine shut down in idle after a bout of traffic. My CNG installer is of the opinion that it is the coils. I had the spark plug gaps verified for .8mm gap and also had the throttle body cleaned in the last service this last saturday. Any pointers?

Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 09:47   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is back and now i am facing engine shut down in idle after a bout of traffic. My CNG installer is of the opinion that it is the coils. I had the spark plug gaps verified for .8mm gap and also had the throttle body cleaned in the last service this last saturday. Any pointers?

Thanks
I have observed the CNG stalls happen below the Vakola flyover 95% of the times. One has to drive through crawling speeds before reaching the Vakola flyover. Can the lack of flowing air combined with the higher operating temperature of the CNG lead to stalling. I sometimes even get stuck in jams in the morning but the CNG seems to behave itself then. Overall fed up with CNG as it is robbing me of the driving pleasure of the car. I am getting more and more inclined towards getting the coils changed (as recommended by the CNG fitter) on the Civic but do not want to do a hasty decision. Even considering ordering Denso coils from Aliexpress or go after markert way (YEC Coils) as these are cheaper. The Original Denso cost a packet. Don't know how performance would be with after market coils so unable to make a decision. I am also thinking of getting rid of the CNG but it will make a huge dent in the wallet so hesitating. It's Mumbai slow moving traffic where CNG makes sense and the Civic's performance is useless. So again can't seem to decide on whether to keep the CNG or not.
Old 26th October 2016, 14:00   #599
BHPian

Quote:
I have observed the CNG stalls happen below the Vakola flyover 95% of the times. One has to drive through crawling speeds before reaching the Vakola flyover. Can the lack of flowing air combined with the higher operating temperature of the CNG lead to stalling. I sometimes even get stuck in jams in the morning but the CNG seems to behave itself then. Overall fed up with CNG as it is robbing me of the driving pleasure of the car. I am getting more and more inclined towards getting the coils changed (as recommended by the CNG fitter) on the Civic but do not want to do a hasty decision. Even considering ordering Denso coils from Aliexpress or go after markert way (YEC Coils) as these are cheaper. The Original Denso cost a packet. Don't know how performance would be with after market coils so unable to make a decision. I am also thinking of getting rid of the CNG but it will make a huge dent in the wallet so hesitating. It's Mumbai slow moving traffic where CNG makes sense and the Civic's performance is useless. So again can't seem to decide on whether to keep the CNG or not.
Hi Again after a long time.
Take out the ignition coils and check the resistance of the primary as well as secondary coils. Let me know about each. This will easily tell you the condition of the coils. There doesnt need to be any trail and error.
The lack of flowing air will not have anything to do with CNG. Have you got your kit retuned from anywhere else?

thanks,
Shom
HimuraKenshin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 14:30   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
Hi Again after a long time.
Take out the ignition coils and check the resistance of the primary as well as secondary coils. Let me know about each. This will easily tell you the condition of the coils. There doesnt need to be any trail and error.
The lack of flowing air will not have anything to do with CNG. Have you got your kit retuned from anywhere else?

thanks,
Shom
I will get the coils checked from a good garage before making a decision before replacement. HASS had already checked them in Mar when i had given car for service and it was okay ed by them. My CNG guy keeps telling its coils and even last time he said same. Do you know of a good CNG garage (Lovato related) who can tune the kit. I am with Suraj Gas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks