Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 07:19   #691
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyjack View Post
Hi Starwar19. The only pro that a piggyback ECU provides over a remap is the convenience factor.

So, there you have it. If it's ease and convenience you're looking for, then look no further and go in for a DielselTronic. If you want the car to be tuned exactly to your requirement and driving style, then remapping is the way to go.
Thank you very much for your valuable time and efforts. The car is in warranty for next 5 years and just not to void it, I’m being very careful but I desperately need a remap to revive the Power and Driving pleasure. The car and engine is amazing, it just needs this boost.
Also i read few horror stories were the DieselTronic Unit just gave up and blew up. I’m hoping its reliable and competent on safety front.

Thank you.
Old 22nd July 2023, 18:56   #692

I had dieseltronic installed on my seltos when the car ran 10300 kms. It was recently serviced at 10k as well. After driving 300kms with dieseltronics in the city, the car was parked for a week. Today morning when i started the car for a drive to kerala, the car fired DPF error and needed a self regeneration. Wondering if this could be dieseltronics or the car being parked for a week of city drives.
Old 8th September 2023, 15:01   #693
BHPian

Hi, I have a Honda WRV Diesel 2019. Is it possible to have a remap for this? Is it at all beneficial to do this if it's possible?
Old 10th December 2023, 21:37   #694
BHPian

Guys, I have a 2012 Scorpio M-Hawk 4WD, completed 1.6. Lakh KMs, thinking of going for DieselTronic box to give a new lease to my Scorpio.

Any suggestions or feedback..
Old 17th December 2023, 10:43   #695

Quote:
Also i read few horror stories were the DieselTronic Unit just gave up and blew up. I’m hoping its reliable and competent on safety front.
Hi, Starwar19. I can understand the apprehension. I've been using the DieselTronic Tuning Box for over 15000km and I've never faced any issues. The fitment is extremely easy. It's simple plug and play. Even if you encounter some issue, you can easily switch back to stock by removing the DieselTronic coupling and re-attaching the original coupling. It's a quick 5 minute job. Go, take the step. You'll love your vehicle even more.
Old 19th January 2024, 20:55   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyjack View Post
Hi, Starwar19. I can understand the apprehension. I've been using the DieselTronic Tuning Box for over 15000km and I've never faced any issues.
Hey, I m looking to get a Dieseltronic box for my Alcazar 1.5D AT. But had a few doubts:

1) Do I need to turn the box on everytime I start my vehicle?
2) Will it create any issues with warranty?
3) As only a single channel box is available, is it recommended?
4) Will I face any issues with DPF? Just read on this thread that someone face some soot in their exhaust and even oil had got considerably black at just 5K kms.
5) If I get it done I would be mainly using P1 mode only because the lag present in stock car is what I intend to get over with.

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2024, 21:22   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Hey, I m looking to get a Dieseltronic box for my Alcazar 1.5D AT. But had a few doubts:

1) Do I need to turn the box on everytime I start my vehicle?
2) Will it create any issues with warranty?
3) As only a single channel box is available, is it recommended?
4) Will I face any issues with DPF? Just read on this thread that someone face some soot in their exhaust and even oil had got considerably black at just 5K kms.
5) If I get it done I would be mainly using P1 mode only because the lag present in stock car is what I intend to get over with.

Thanks.
1) No
2) If you have a serious failure and box is seen by them then could lead to issues.
3) Dual channel would be better.
4) Spirited driving on highway should take care of it. Diesel oils turn black very soon,can't do much about it.
5) Power is never enough my friend. You will always crave for.more.

Last edited by scorpian : 19th January 2024 at 21:25.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 12:11   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
3) Dual channel would be better.
Thank you so much for clearing my doubts but as I can see on their website that only single channel box is available, is that recommended too?
Can you shed some light on it.
Old 20th January 2024, 12:49   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Thank you so much for clearing my doubts but as I can see on their website that only single channel box is available, is that recommended too?
Can you shed some light on it.
I dont think they have a dual channel box for alcazar.
Single channel will control fueling and it should still have a marked difference compared to stock.
Dual channel controls fueling and turbo boost, hence dual channel is more bang for the buck and a better product compared to a single channel.
However if they are not making it then you can go for single channel.

For a little more money you could also go for a full Remap which would be any day better then a piggyback box like diesel tronic.
I would still suggest you go for a proper remap vs the tuning box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks