Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 13:28   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

By the way you have a T-jet correct? so does RD have anything for petrol cars?
Yeah they do have some products for petrol cars. But from what I know, they are not as simple as the plug and play type boxes for crdi engines. T-Jet being a turbo petrol, they may have to modify stuff with the pressure sensor and all that. I don't want to try and ruin something on the Jet because I use it for highway trips, so I'll keep it bone-stock to avoid any trouble. Moreover, I will be mad to mess around with an already insane 120PS/207Nm turbo petrol, considering my dad occasionally drives it and already complains about the massive boost .

Actually my queries were for the Punto Sport multijet which is arriving at home later this month . I'll PM you to ask for some details and tips on where you bought it from/ other purchase details.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th October 2012 at 13:34.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:47   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
They claim some 15% increase in mileage in P1, up till now in city conditions I have been able to see 8% increase. So yeah 15% might be a tall claim but even 8% gives me 1.8kpl more than stock as per the MID. I will take that any day given the improvement in how the car drives now.
I decided to drive my current tankful completely in P1 mode.

I have completed 210kms and needle is 1/4th tankful and this is city driving conditions. Otherwise, I regularly top up my tank at 560kms with 48L/49L of diesel when in city driving conditions

Going by above, I think MAYBE there is an actual FE increase

Waiting for this tankful to finish to assess accurately if I really derived any FE benefit for being in P1 mode
Old 9th October 2012, 14:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Karthikk, no plug and play for T-Jet. you might need RD601 or RD901 if it supports. but with what you already have stock is enough unless you upgrade hardware.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 22:42   #64
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have completed 210kms and needle is 1/4th tankful and this is city driving conditions. Otherwise, I regularly top up my tank at 560kms with 48L/49L of diesel when in city driving conditions

Waiting for this tankful to finsh to assess accurately if I really derived any FE benefit for being in P1 mode
Sounds great. Will wait to hear the result for the tank full. Which fuel are you using? I use normal diesel, mostly from BP as it felt more smoother than IOL. 210 on a quarter looks pretty good, I dont cross 180-190 for a quarter of a tank.
Old 11th October 2012, 01:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

I decided to drive my current tankful completely in P1 mode.

Waiting for this tankful to finish to assess accurately if I really derived any FE benefit for being in P1 mode
Just for the record, if your driving style is "silky smooth" and you got a figo running on stock tyres, FE with RD in P1 should be around 28 to 33 km !!! Thats what i was told by RD folks !!

What you think?
Old 11th October 2012, 11:05   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Sounds great. Will wait to hear the result for the tank full. Which fuel are you using? I use normal diesel, mostly from BP as it felt more smoother than IOL. 210 on a quarter looks pretty good, I dont cross 180-190 for a quarter of a tank.
I use normal diesel from any good bunk.

It doesnt matter if its IOC, BP or anything else. But, ALWAYS use NORMAL diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Just for the record, if your driving style is "silky smooth" and you got a figo running on stock tyres, FE with RD in P1 should be around 28 to 33 km !!! Thats what i was told by RD folks !!
What you think?
I recommend that you should not fall for such marketing gimmics.

If the Figo without an RD box gives 20kmpl-21kmpl in city. Add 15% to it which is 3kmpl so you may get a maximum of 24kmpl-25kmpl if your driving is silky smooth, less use of clutch, gearing, no sudden accelaration etc which in the first place is the not the intention of getting an RD box.

Anyways, the point is add 15% to whatever current FE your getting and you should get around the same ballpark.
Old 19th October 2012, 19:02   #67
BHPian

Read somewhere on this forum that RD have finally developed the tuning box which controls the turbo boost too besides doing everything that old one did.

I believe this new box would definitely make the car more responsive and thus i assume would add more power as well as torque to a car, can any expert comment on this as well as the reliability of this model?? Also, would this box still manage to help improve the fuel economy in P1 besides the E mode too??

Also, i read that the pricing is around 25k, any info with anyone on this?? I plan to get a tuning box soon and i am looking towards RD primarily for my Sx4, if i get some decent reviews about this new box ill go for it i guess.

Waiting for comments from all of you here!!!

Last edited by Prodigyy : 19th October 2012 at 19:03.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

Ok im NOT getting a chip from RD but the main reason for my post though is to thank you people. Yea thats right !
Have ordered a diesel tuning chip from the UK (chip express) for an A4 3.0 TDi after a lot (seriously a LOTT) of research and verification about the product and its authenticity.
It too is supposed to be plug & play and have multiple modes - moderate power level , top power.
Lets be honest here, with a diesel tuning chip in an a4 3.0 TDi im not really on the look out for improved economy anyway though the manufacturer claims an increase in efficiency as well. At top whack its supposed to be churning out 306bhp & 660NM and though that makes me jump for joy it also scares me a tad. Partly because the car is completely lunatic with its stock 240hp/500nm stats coupled with the fact that my brakes are struggling to cope with 500nm so one can only imagine what 660NM could do. For the record thats just 10NM lesser than the f10 BMW M5 & 30 MORE than a 535d !
Since its expensive machinery and its the first time im about to do something remotely as mad as this ( chipping what is already an expensive & quick car) i was skeptical about the lingering side effects on the car etc so much so that i even emailed chip express. Thankfully most of my apprehensions had been laid to rest and the reason for the big thank you to you people is judging by the sheer joy you all are deriving out of your tuning boxes ,it gives me a lot of hope and anticipation.
Cant wait!

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 2nd November 2012 at 11:17.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:34   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Partly because the car is completely lunatic with its stock 240hp/500nm stats coupled with the fact that my brakes are struggling to cope with 500nm so one can only imagine what 660NM could do. For the record thats just 10NM lesser than the f10 BMW M5 & 30 MORE than a 535d !
I just post this on my ownership thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2951115

And, I see you post next.

Trust me, stock brakes wont be enough to stop the car. This you will realize within a few 100/1000 kms. Without a brake upgrade you may not be able to use the full potential of the modded chip

Ah! with those crazy incremental power figures, drive safe
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just post this on my ownership thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2951115

And, I see you post next.

Trust me, stock brakes wont be enough to stop the car. This you will realize within a few 100/1000 kms. Without a brake upgrade you may not be able to use the full potential of the modded chip

Ah! with those crazy incremental power figures, drive safe

Yes i already have a fair idea of what my brakes would go through. The best solution i can think of right now is to run the car on the moderate power level though that isnt much of a consolation considering the brakes arnt exactly flourishing with the car's stock config.
Being careful and sensible while driving is the only way out until i can actually upgrade to drilled discs or better pads.
Thanks anyway
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Read somewhere on this forum that RD have finally developed the tuning box which controls the turbo boost too besides doing everything that old one did.

I believe this new box would definitely make the car more responsive and thus i assume would add more power as well as torque to a car, can any expert comment on this as well as the reliability of this model?? Also, would this box still manage to help improve the fuel economy in P1 besides the E mode too??

Also, i read that the pricing is around 25k, any info with anyone on this?? I plan to get a tuning box soon and i am looking towards RD primarily for my Sx4, if i get some decent reviews about this new box ill go for it i guess.

Waiting for comments from all of you here!!!
Interesting info, any ideas about the name or any other details, would not mind exchanging mine with this new one by paying the differential The only other product in Dieseltronic is the "Lite" version with just one mode.

Last edited by motomaverick : 2nd November 2012 at 13:35.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:19   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Yes i already have a fair idea of what my brakes would go through. The best solution i can think of right now is to run the car on the moderate power level though that isnt much of a consolation considering the brakes arnt exactly flourishing with the car's stock config.
Being careful and sensible while driving is the only way out until i can actually upgrade to drilled discs or better pads.
Thanks anyway
I dont think a drilled discs or better pads would suffice, you should actually look at adding more calipers.
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
I dont think a drilled discs or better pads would suffice, you should actually look at adding more calipers.

An upgrade isnt possible anytime soon. The expenses involved are too high. Il have to play it safe until i have the moolah to upgrade the brakes.
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:30   #74
BHPian

Need some advice -

Has anyone installed the tuning box on Mahindra Verito Diesel; could you share your experience? I am planning on getting one installed; should I get the current one or wait for the new one with turbo control?

Cheers
GB

Last edited by anandkumargb : 2nd November 2012 at 20:31. Reason: spelling
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:14   #75
BHPian

Can a Diesletronic previously used on a Punto 1.3MJD be used on a Swift D?
Since both cars have the same engine, will the box me compatible with a Swift? Or should it be remapped to the Swift's specs?

Request for a quick reply! A friend is selling it so don't want to lose it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks