Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2004, 20:33   #1
Team-BHP Support

Automech exhausts

Just went through the Automech web site - looks good but

1: DOes anyone have any experience about how good there systems are esp. for Honda's

2: Do the systems make more noise rather than performance ?

3: Will the system make the engine power delivery more pealy

4: What happens to the cat ?
Old 19th April 2004, 21:01   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

i think normally crazy could shed some light on this...he has it on his ikon i believe & if i'm not wrong he was asking abt sports exhausts on indicar & i'd given him automech's address from ACI...isn't that correct NC ?

M3
Old 19th April 2004, 21:20   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

And their website address is?

GTO
Old 19th April 2004, 22:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

www.automechexhausts.com
Old 19th April 2004, 23:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ajmat,

I have heard rave reviews from lots of car-guys who have actually fitted automech systems in their cars...ranging from Citys to Lancers, Zens to gypsys.

Panchal is known for his exemplary customer service (not experienced first-hand though) and is one of the few tuners who will sit down with you and discuss your driving patterns and styly. Accordingly he will opt for size of piping. Also he offers upto 4 options of exhaust sound, depending on your fancy toward a deep throat otherwise and is ready to spend a considerable amount of time fine-tuning it to your preferences after installation.

Will try to get in touch with some guys who have been using these exhausts and answer your specific questions

GTO
Old 20th April 2004, 09:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Ajmat,

i remember hearing from a good source...(maybe the Q&A section of ACI or bsmotoring or overdrive?) that if you want a free flow automech are the guys to do it for you. This was more than a year back, so u may want to explore your options.

what generally happens is that it shifts the powerband up the revvs, as well as increasing the power overall if done correctly.

Im guessing you have the choice to leave the cat-con on, but it might be a slight bottleneck in your new free flowing exhaust!

cya
R
Old 20th April 2004, 13:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
i think normally crazy could shed some light on this...he has it on his ikon i believe & if i'm not wrong he was asking abt sports exhausts on indicar & i'd given him automech's address from ACI...isn't that correct NC ?
Absolutely rite and many thnks rj !!!!!

now to take the questions 1 by 1 ...
ajmat - automech r the guys if u want a free flow. they have done most of the hondas and lancers and zens and palios in mumbai. its not only noise but performance too .. yes the catcon has to go as rehaan said coz it cud and is a bottleneck !!

the power band shifts upwards like gto said ....and yes customer service is examplary !!!!

my experience - i spoke to him on telephone and then went and met him at parel. spoke to him at lenght on the pros and cons . i wanted only the muffler changed for the sound and he was ready to do it...but ( a gr8 sales trick followed ) he asked me to come along to a drag in navimumbai , and watch what happened to cars that only changed mufflers (they got licked ) !!!!

after that i was convinced ..i asked him to change the whole system from the manifold and opted for a stainless steel muffler. after the installation , the car felt like it suddenly developed feet like carl lewis.....felt more free revving and powerful , the power shifted to the upper ends of the revvss ( a slight pain to drive in stop go conditions) but i dont mind!!

also like gto said..lots of sound options like loud . medium or muted !! i opted for the middle level of sound coz we gotta drive in the city too without the cops interferring!!

i saw his own city with the free flow, was awesome to drive.

cheers and hope this helps
Old 20th April 2004, 14:57   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thank you very much, NC, for sharing your very comprehensive write-up on the automech experience.

GTO
Old 20th April 2004, 14:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey guys
wont the removal of catcon have serious after effects???
not for the car, but for the enivorment,
guys i dont think the catcon blocks much or you gain much from removing it, (i read it in aci or od!)
so please seriouly think before removing the catcon
Old 20th April 2004, 15:17   #10
Team-BHP Support

NC - thanks - it helped me make a decision - although I would like more power

1: since I use the car most of the time, I do not wish to compromise enviro emmisions and kick out the cat

2: For my citiy driving - more peaky power will make no sense - so it is time for my next question to be posted

Will seriously look at a strut brace though
Old 20th April 2004, 15:42   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] so it is time for my next question to be posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Topic: Indian vtec 106 bhp Thai Vtec 120 bhp, How do we narrow the gap
Hmmmm so the inevitable finally happened, eh?

GTO
Old 20th April 2004, 16:13   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 20 2004,14:12)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] so it is time for my next question to be posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Topic: Indian vtec 106 bhp *Thai Vtec 120 bhp, How do we narrow the gap
Hmmmm so the inevitable finally happened, eh?

GTO
We both have Vtecs

Both have 6990 speakers

Both looking at getting up to Thai spec

One of us is thinking like the other - dangerous !
Old 20th April 2004, 23:47   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 20 2004,13:29)]so please seriouly think before removing the catcon
Yeah, those are my sentiments to all the free flow-ers. Quite a few free flows create more noise pollution than power... so dont add to that with enviormental pollution please!

hahaha..GTO and Ajmat are reading each others minds lol!

cya
R
Old 23rd April 2004, 13:15   #14
BHPian

Hi Guys !

Read thru this thread and was keen on knowing address who does the free flow exhaust job in Delhi and has good follow up . Any info...?
I have a 99 carb zen driven 88K and still going. I at times feel little sluggish when i switch drives from an mpfi to carb....but i think that's usual. I drive abt 60-70 kms daily so one of my concerns is FE....would that have a detrimental impact ..??
Pls respond.

rgds
Tarun
Old 24th April 2004, 04:44   #15
Team-BHP Support

Tarun,

Adding a complete freeflow exhaust (and intake) can have no negative effect of fuel efficiency, but the job will have to be very well done. (i can help u out with naming some1 in delhi though.)
The driveability however may be harmed slightly at lower revs.
Since FE is your primary concern you have to express that to the person making the free flow for you, and they will make alterations keeping that in mind.

cya
Rehaan

Most Viewed