Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 08:15   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This is the third map on my S-Cross. This map is just insane. Acceleration is mind blowing!!
Now that the acceleration is insane and remap is at its best, a small suggestion to you since the car is violent now, get better brake pads like Brembo.

It has better bite and last brake fade.

Please think about it buddy and if possible take a clear video of the acceleration on an empty road focusing on the speedometer.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 09:01   #47
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
How is the machines mechanical limit judged during tuning.
The first thing and the weakest link in the chain to be affected is the exhaust gas vanes of the turbocharger. If the tuner manages to keep it under 800 degrees centigrade at wide open throttle then you are good to go for the original life of the car.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 10:38   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Now that the acceleration is insane and remap is at its best, a small suggestion to you since the car is violent now, get better brake pads like Brembo.

It has better bite and last brake fade.

Please think about it buddy and if possible take a clear video of the acceleration on an empty road focusing on the speedometer.
Agreed!!

I badly need a brake upgrade. I have enquired with Brembo, Tarox. They do not have for S-Cross.

Video was taken from rear seat . I will try to capture a better video.

It's too difficult to resist pushing the pedal and enjoying the brutal acceleration. Just for testing sake, I maintained 60 KMPH in 4 th gear for around 20 KM and the FE in MID was 25 KMPL .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th October 2016 at 10:39.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 10:16   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad drove to Bangalore few days back. I have not told him that the car is remapped . He drove alone to Bangalore and got 20 KMPL. He is little confused now and says car was pulling really well on ghats and turbo lag is reduced. Car was fully loaded with 5 people and luggage on the drive back and FE was 17.7 KMPL. I had got only 14 KMPL on stock map, when the car was fully loaded. Totally in love with this brilliant map. More power, More FE and No Black smoke!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161008wa0051.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th October 2016 at 10:20.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 01:14   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

2000 KM update post remap

The beast has done around 2000 KM post remap, thanks to 800 KM Bangalore trip. Car is doing great and it's just effortless on highways now. Above 100 KMPH, even in 6 th gear I can overtake easily with just a tap on the pedal . City driving has also become better with minimal turbo lag and lesser number of gearshifts. I am planning to a dyno run at Coimbatore soon.

Stay Tuned
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 07:27   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dr.Naren: Stock JK tyres are not able to handle the launch and there is loads of wheelspin.

a4anurag: ... get better brake pads like Brembo.
Quote:
Agreed!! I badly need a brake upgrade.
Better rubber will also help you with the braking ! Even mid-range stuff.
Old 15th October 2016, 10:21   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Better rubber will also help you with the braking ! Even mid-range stuff.
My SX4 has same 205/60 R16 tyres, but Falken. Braking is very good compared to my S-Cross. I will swap the front tyres and see if there is improvement .
Old 7th November 2016, 13:47   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven almost 4000 KM post remap and present ODO is 8000 KM +. Car is a hoot to drive and fully enjoyed it during my 1000 KM drive in last one week. I had planned to get dyno done at Coimbatore. But I did not do it because the protocol for S-Cross 1.6 is not yet fully ready and it takes more than one hour to flash one file. So, I need to book 2 hours slot and spend 10K on dyno. I have decided to go for stage one plus remap and dyno, once the protocol works properly. It was nice meeting Kryptonite for V Box runs. As expected, he was faster and had got a very brilliant figure of 9.08 seconds. I am sure he would do it in sub 9 seconds as the car had almost 3/4 th tank of fuel.

V Box figures :
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161102wa0011.jpg

My S-Cross :
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161105wa0000.jpg

Kryptonite's 200 BHP Laura
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161105wa0001.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 15:15   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

V Box 0-100 : 9.08 Seconds!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-scross_vbox_0100.png  

Old 25th November 2016, 00:10   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : 5000 KM Post Remap

I have driven more than 5000 KM post remap and the current ODO is 9600 KM. My running has increased a lot post remap and the reason is pretty obvious .

I am extremely satisfied and happy with the 3rd map which I have got from TOT. I had plans to dyno the car. But, I have postponed it because the protocol for S-Cross is not yet fully ready. Without a proper protocol, it takes around 2 hours to flash one file, which means I have to book a dyno slot for minimum 2 hours. Car has gained 2.5 seconds in 0-100 timing and does it in 9 seconds which is brilliant. Once the protocol is fully ready, I am planning to go for stage 1 plus remap and dyno session.

Better tyres and brake pads upgrade are on my list. I need to get the 3 rd free service done next week.
Old 11th December 2016, 12:11   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I have run 10000 KM and almost 6000 KM post remap. Now, I am planning to go for Stage 1 plus remap . I do understand the risks involved with Stage 1 plus and TOT also warned me about it. But I have seen many cars running with Stage 1 plus remap from TOT without any issues.

We need to do a lot of testing, say around 1-2 days. I am sure that TOT would do a good remap again. I will hit the dyno post stage 1 plus tune. Car is doing 0-100 in 9 seconds and top speed is same like stock. Post stage 1 plus, I hope 0-100 would be in mid 8 seconds. Inspired by Kryptonite, I would also take part in drag event.

Due to lack of proper protocol and rolling immobiliser codes in EEPROM, testing would take lot of time. As I said before, ECU has to be read every time and the file should be worked from scratch, time consuming process indeed.

Stay tuned

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th December 2016 at 12:13.
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally in love with this brilliant map. More power, More FE and No Black smoke!!
Glad to see the car performing as per your expectations. Would suggest you not to run the car with less fuel (or till the low fuel indicator comes ON). The Fuel pump takes a hit in the long run.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:16   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Glad to see the car performing as per your expectations. Would suggest you not to run the car with less fuel (or till the low fuel indicator comes ON). The Fuel pump takes a hit in the long run.
Yes, the car is doing great. I need to put better tyres now. I am sure that would help me to launch the car properly and get a little better 0-100 timing.

I have got 11.26 vs 9.08 on stock tyres

Autocar has got 11.5 vs 9.9 ( RD dual channel box + Bridgestone tyres)

I always fill fuel once the reserve light comes up. S-Cross has around 8 litres fuel left as reserve. Also, it's better to stop filling the fuel at Auto cut off. Manual says not to fill upto the brim because fuel gets expanded with increased temperature and there should be some space left in fuel tank.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd January 2017 at 16:18.
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always fill fuel once the reserve light comes up. S-Cross has around 8 litres fuel left as reserve.
Every fuel tank has something called as "Dead stock" which in layman's terms means unusable fuel.The fuel pump remains immersed in the fuel all the time. Hence it is always advisable not to let the car run till the low fuel indicator lights up. There have been umpteen number of cases where the fuel pump packed up.
Regarding the tyres, you really need to invest on some good performance tyres to effectively put down that power on the tarmac. Do keep the thread updated on the improvements.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Every fuel tank has something called as "Dead stock" which in layman's terms means unusable fuel.The fuel pump remains immersed in the fuel all the time. Hence it is always advisable not to let the car run till the low fuel indicator lights up.
Yes, I never run the car with very low fuel. What I meant was S-Cross has around 20 percent fuel left even when the reserve light pops up. Torque pro app supports fuel level sensor data for S-Cross, so I got to know about this and had also checked with tankfull method. When there is less fuel, I believe the pump has to work harder and more stress.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks