Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2024, 11:23   #871
BHPian

Re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Hello fellow BHP'ians. I need some advice from the Ceramic Coating experts on my observations post Ceramic \ Graphene Coating that i got done on my new Kia Seltos Pewter Olive shade. I gave my Seltos for Graphene Coating next day after Delivery to a well established Detailer in Pune, whose Services have also been used by few BHP'ians here. I finalized on the Labocosmetica NGC [Nano Graphene Coating]. Got the Car back after a couple of days and below are my observations:

- The Car is a Dust Magnet and attracts Dust like crazy. It is more clearly visible on the Flat surfaces like Car Hood and Roof when directly under the Sun. Agreed that there is too much Pollution around but i do not live in a dusty area. Also, it might be that Olive Color shows Dust more but it cant be worse than Black i presume. My understanding was that Ceramic or Graphene Coating is non-static and should Repel Dust from settling on the Car surface. As part of my Testing, i cleaned the Hood with ONR + MF Cloth and checked the next day and there is a layer of Dust settled on the Hood.

As is recommended for Ceramic Coating maintenance, I removed the Car Wash guy and was prepared to clean the Car myself once a week. But, i am unable to look at my Car gathering Dust within a day or two. If i leave it like that for a week, i am assuming it will become a thick layer of Dust. There is another Pewter Olive Seltos in my Apartment parked 2 blocks away and that gets cleaned by the Car Washing guy. And it pains me to look at my Car in a dusty state if left alone for a couple of days, while the other one is Clean. . I neither have the Patience nor the Willingness to spray wipe my Car every other day using ONR + MF Cloth. I got a Bergmann Duster for the sole purpose of cleaning the Roof, however, it looks like i might be forced to use it on the Car Body Panels, thereby increasing the risk of introducing Swirl Marks.

Is this Normal post Ceramic or Graphene Coating? Or did something go wrong in the process? Or am i making an issue out of nothing? I had very high expectations of getting a Ceramic \ Graphene Coating done with getting a shiny \ glossy \ wet look but so far, it has fallen short of it. It does look great once wiped down though. But should it gather dust so soon, in the first place.

Sharing few Pics below to show what i am trying to convey.
Appreciate inputs and suggestions from @AJ56 and other seasoned members in this Forum who have good knowledge on Detailing, as this is kind of driving me Nuts.

Clean and Shiny Hood post ONR + MF Cloth wipe

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20240222_121131.jpg

Hood state 2 days after Cleaning. Slid my finger at the center of Hood to show the Dust effect.

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20240224_095334.jpg

Hood State when directly under the Sun, post 2 days after Cleaning.

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20240221_080853.jpg
Old 26th February 2024, 19:22   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyadh View Post
I was inquiring about Ceramic/Graphene coating for the XUV700 in Pune, around Wakad area.
I am also looking for a good car detailing studio near Wakad area in Pune for ceramic or Graphene coating for my XUV700 Midnight Black. Can you please share where did you finally get the coating done and how was your overall experience.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th February 2024 at 19:54. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 29th February 2024, 02:32   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
- The Car is a Dust Magnet and attracts Dust like crazy. It is more clearly visible on the Flat surfaces like Car Hood and Roof when directly under the Sun. Agreed that there is too much Pollution around but i do not live in a dusty area. Also, it might be that Olive Color shows Dust more but it cant be worse than Black i presume. My understanding was that Ceramic or Graphene Coating is non-static and should Repel Dust from settling on the Car surface. As part of my Testing, i cleaned the Hood with ONR + MF Cloth and checked the next day and there is a layer of Dust settled on the Hood.

Is this Normal post Ceramic or Graphene Coating? Or did something go wrong in the process? Or am i making an issue out of nothing? I had very high expectations of getting a Ceramic \ Graphene Coating done with getting a shiny \ glossy \ wet look but so far, it has fallen short of it. It does look great once wiped down though. But should it gather dust so soon, in the first place.
Ceramic coatings are not anti static, despite what any marketing from certain brands may claim. Neither do they increase the dust adhesion, I’ve coated half of my own cars’ bonnets with the other half untreated during testing with dozens of brands over the years and I’ve never seen increased dust adhesion on the coated side.

Where coatings do shine is the ability to effortlessly remove said dust quickly and safely using either just air with a leaf blower or water using a pressure washer. Regarding the other car that’s scratched daily by the cleaner, just park it next to yours on a bright day and observe his bonnet, it will be heavily swirled and dull and yours will be swirl free and glossy.

Please don’t wipe the surface with a towel, even swiping lightly with a finger over dust will leave scuffs behind. Instead use air or water to remove the buildup and if you see staining or water marks do a full contact wash with snow foam once every few weeks.

As for checking if everything is normal, wash it and check for hydrophobic properties, it should be extremely hydrophobic given it’s freshly coated. The paint should not feel greasy or sticky to the touch, it should feel extremely smooth, like your phone screen with no roughness. (I normally don’t recommend ever touching paint with bare skin as it’s too abrasive for it, but here you can check a small section without pressure no issue.)

Thats great for 2 days without a wash. In Gurgaon that’s what our cars look like after 8 hours out in the open

Will add, instead of using your duster use a leaf blower to remove dust buildup on days you don’t have time for a water rinse, think of it like an air duster. This can be done everyday if dust is a problem and takes under 5 mins for the entire vehicle.

Last edited by AJ56 : 29th February 2024 at 02:37.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 12:37   #874
BHPian

All, need your inputs on the below.

I have recently purchased the Safari facelift. While the car is great, the paint thickness leaves a lot to be desired. My regular car cleaner has already managed to put minor scratches on the bonnet while trying to remove bird droppings.

I will be giving the car for ceramic coating this weekend to Motor Glaze. I was intending to get PPF done on high touch points (such as front and rear bumpers, bonnet and ORVM) however the owner of Motor Glaze (who I have known for a long time) has advised against PPF.

My main concern is the scratches which my car cleaner inevitably puts on the car (specifically while cleaning bird droppings). Will ceramic coating add a layer of protection over the paint surface and held in addressing this concern?

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 29th February 2024 at 12:44.
Old 29th February 2024, 12:49   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjogjain View Post
I am also looking for a good car detailing studio near Wakad area in Pune for ceramic or Graphene coating for my XUV700 Midnight Black. Can you please share where did you finally get the coating done and how was your overall experience.
I was not confident of the detailing jobs being done here in Wakad (All-though there are quite a bit of set-ups that provide them). So, i kind of slept over it and decided not to get one done. I will take the vehicle for a foam wash and polish is what i have planned.
Sorry, cant help you out here.

The following paces I felt are bit better of the ones i visited for initial info collection:

1. CarZone - Pimple Saudagar (https://g.co/kgs/FBXHyJn)
2. Moto Voiture Care (https://g.co/kgs/HDeZxhe)
3. Go Detailing (https://g.co/kgs/af3Ngy3)
There are some professional detailers in main Pune area, better check them out as well.
Old 29th February 2024, 19:38   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
instead of using your duster use a leaf blower to remove dust buildup...
Can a vacuum cleaner blower be used instead of leaf blower or will it be too harsh?
Old 29th February 2024, 20:47   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
Can a vacuum cleaner blower be used instead of leaf blower or will it be too harsh?
In my experience they’re not powerful enough, look for a blower rated at least 2500W (3000W - 400 cfm ideally). No harm in trying if you already have it though.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 15:31   #878
BHPian

Quote:

Thats great for 2 days without a wash. In Gurgaon that’s what our cars look like after 8 hours out in the open

Will add, instead of using your duster use a leaf blower to remove dust buildup on days you don’t have time for a water rinse, think of it like an air duster. This can be done everyday if dust is a problem and takes under 5 mins for the entire vehicle.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=8ID09kth...Q7HTXQLunLnpIT
Thanks for addressing my queries Anish. Appreciate it. That helped settle some nerves.

Not that I intend to buy it soon, but regarding Wireless Portable Leaf Blower, which ones do you recommend?

Thanks.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 01:02   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thanks for addressing my queries Anish. Appreciate it. That helped settle some nerves.

Not that I intend to buy it soon, but regarding Wireless Portable Leaf Blower, which ones do you recommend?Thanks.
Happy to help. Makita is the best power wise but gets expensive plus you have to buy the battery and charger separately. https://www.amazon.in/Makita-DUB362Z.../dp/B07ZHQWLWQ

Ingco is much cheaper although I have not used it personally but have heard good reviews from two people who do use it to dry their cars. https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B0B38Z..._t1_B07ZHQWLWQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
All, need your inputs on the below.

My main concern is the scratches which my car cleaner inevitably puts on the car (specifically while cleaning bird droppings). Will ceramic coating add a layer of protection over the paint surface and held in addressing this concern?

Best,
Enigmatic
Please don’t give it to the daily cleaner unless you want the paintwork and coating heavily swirled and scratched in a very short period of time. Bird droppings are extremely acidic and coarse, removal via scrubbing with a towel will leave deep scuffs, which in some cases even a rubbing compound cannot fully remove, requiring a repaint.

A good quality coating installed properly will add a lot of protection to the paintwork in terms of chemical and UV resistance, it will also make washing and cleaning a breeze. It cannot however stop the deep abrasions and swirling that a daily cleaner inflicts.

For that matter, even your factory paint can’t, which is over 10 times thicker than a coating. Just look at any 6-7 year old car and chances are you’ll see burnt A pillar edges with grey primer showing where the persons arm normally rubs up while wiping the windshield. Safest way to clean bird poo is with a pressure washer.

Last edited by AJ56 : 2nd March 2024 at 01:03.
AJ56 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 11:57   #880
BHPian

Quote:

Please don’t give it to the daily cleaner unless you want the paintwork and coating heavily swirled and scratched in a very short period of time. Bird droppings are extremely acidic and coarse, removal via scrubbing with a towel will leave deep scuffs, which in some cases even a rubbing compound cannot fully remove, requiring a repaint.

A good quality coating installed properly will add a lot of protection to the paintwork in terms of chemical and UV resistance, it will also make washing and cleaning a breeze. It cannot however stop the deep abrasions and swirling that a daily cleaner inflicts.

For that matter, even your factory paint can’t, which is over 10 times thicker than a coating. Just look at any 6-7 year old car and chances are you’ll see burnt A pillar edges with grey primer showing where the persons arm normally rubs up while wiping the windshield. Safest way to clean bird poo is with a pressure washer.
Thanks a ton for the insight!

Got the car Graphene coated over the weekend. The random scratches on the bonnet have thankfully gone. Can feel a smooth coating over the paint surface.

Have instructed my car cleaner to not wash the car for a period of 10 days (as instructed by the detailer). Will only be using the Jopasu Duster from now onwards.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 15:09   #881
BHPian

Hey everyone, we recently welcomed a shiny new XUV700 in Silver! I am considering giving it a protective coating. Specifically looking for top-notch Ceramic or Graphene coating services in the western part of Pune, including areas like Baner, Balewadi, Aundh, Kothrud, Wakad, etc.

Requesting fellow bhpians to share their experiences, recommendations, or any advice on this matter. Your insights on the quality of service, durability, cost-effectiveness, and any other relevant information would be helpful to make an informed decision.
Old 12th March 2024, 17:51   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
... Specifically looking for top-notch Ceramic or Graphene coating services in the western part of Pune, including areas like Baner, Balewadi, Aundh, Kothrud, Wakad, etc.
You can check out https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...tint-pune.html (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune)) near Jupiter hospital in Baner. I have been their customer since way back in 2017 and only have good things to say about them.
Old 13th March 2024, 00:43   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone, we recently welcomed a shiny new XUV700 in Silver! I am considering giving it a protective coating. Specifically looking for top-notch Ceramic or Graphene coating services in the western part of Pune
After researching, here are some competitive quotes for Ceramic coating on a Silver XUV700:

1. **Aquatint Baner**:
- Product Used: Labocosmetica
- ₹16,000 for 1-year warranty
- ₹20,000 for 2-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces
- Not covered: Glass surfaces, alloys, or plastic trims

2. **Carspa Baner**:
- Product Used: CrystalShield Trinity
- ₹25,000 for 3-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, all glass surfaces.
- Not covered: Alloys, or plastic trims

3. **3M Pashan**:
- Product Used: 3M
- ₹28,800 for 1-year warranty + 2 top-ups within 180 days (2-year life)
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, glass, alloys, or plastic trims

PS : In addition to product, how its applied is very critical in detailing, hence seeking insights on the best workmanship among these options. 3M is a trusted name overall, and Aquatint has good reviews on team-bhp. And according to a detailer friend from Indore, Carspa uses the best products, comparatively, it seems to offer a good deal as mentioned above. I would appreciate any thoughts on workmanship from those who have experienced these services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
You can check out https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...tint-pune.html (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune)) near Jupiter hospital in Baner. I have been their customer since way back in 2017 and only have good things to say about them.
Thanks, adding some details of Aquatint above. Also, sent you a DM.

Last edited by sapien : 13th March 2024 at 00:45.
Old 22nd March 2024, 11:01   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone, we recently welcomed a shiny new XUV700 in Silver! I am considering giving it a protective coating. Specifically looking for top-notch Ceramic or Graphene coating services in the western part of Pune, including areas like Baner, Balewadi, Aundh, Kothrud, Wakad, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Quote:
After researching, here are some competitive quotes for Ceramic coating on a Silver XUV700:

1. **Aquatint Baner**:

2. **Carspa Baner**:

3. **3M Pashan**:
Here's what we finalized - Carzspa Bavdhan,Pune. Sharing experience in a thread for fellow bhpians. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...e-bavdhan.html (CarzSpa - Car Detailing Studio, Pune[Bavdhan])

Thank you all who helped in the process !!
Old 26th March 2024, 05:39   #885

Hello fellow Bhpians, yesterday some society children throw waters balloons over my new car. The color is not going as per usual wash. The car has been coated with ceramic with 5 year warranty from Detailing Mafia. Car wash personnel suggest that the car should be rubbed but it would also damage the ceramic coating. Any other recommendations to remove the color without damaging the ceramic coating? Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-20240325_162856.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20240325_162902.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks