Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 21:00   #841

Re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
2) 95% of all the gloss and clarity you see in paintwork is a result of proper machine polishing to remove all defects and haze/oxidation in the clear coat. A coating is the cherry on top to protect the corrected paint underneath.
Thank you for your input as I went ahead with Aquatint in Pune which, after assessing your suggestions, has very good reviews on google and even some of our BHPians also attested to their quality work. It cost me Rs. 32000/- for graphene coating with 3 years warranty. The product used for coating was from LABOCOSMETICA which they import from Italy. They covered all the paint, chrome, glass windshields, alloys, interior leather seats, plastic on dashboard and also covered the door edges and handles with a thin PPF layer for extra protection. I skipped the other detailer doing Gyeon as I was not sure of their workmanship at first glance and online reviews.

The guys at Aquatint have done a very good job as they cleared all the swirl marks meticulously and even concealed 1-2 deep scratches to an extent they are not visible to naked eye from normal distance. The gloss is very much visible from a few meters despite my car being covered in dust. As per their instructions, I will be going with No Rinse method of cleaning the car as per my convenience . They have provided me a schedule which includes quarterly CERAMIC WASH (would like to know your thoughts on this as it will cost me Rs. 2000/- each time) and complimentary annual maintenance coats. They also said that as long as I follow the schedule of ceramic washes they will extend the free annual maintenance coat even after 3 years. I hope I have made a good investment and your further analysis would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_20231220_205200.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_20231220_205137.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_20231220_205027.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2023, 18:01   #842
BHPian

Request recommendations on where I can get ceramic coating for my new black Audi A4 around or easily accessible from Noida.

Our directory recommendations of Dazzle or 5C are too far. And I would like to visit a self-owned establishment assuming some OCD attention to detailing. Hence this request

My fallback options are visiting the Detailing Mafia, Carz Spa or the seemingly expensive Wuerth coating from the dealer…
Old 22nd December 2023, 22:09   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpiegel26 View Post
Thank you for your input as I went ahead with Aquatint in Pune which, after assessing your suggestions, has very good reviews on google and even some of our BHPians also attested to their quality work.

They have provided me a schedule which includes quarterly CERAMIC WASH (would like to know your thoughts on this as it will cost me Rs. 2000/- each time) and complimentary annual maintenance coats.
Thank you for the kind words. Yes I’ve heard good things about them from others as well.

Ceramic wash can mean many things, is it just Si02 infused shampoo that they’ll use in their foam cannon or will it include a spray sealant applied after the wash to help maintain the hydrophobic properties of the coating?

2k will just about cover the cost of a foam wash + interior cleaning + trim dressing, so I’m inclined to believe it’s a silica infused shampoo, something like Gyeon Bathe+.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 23:38   #844

Quote:
Ceramic wash can mean many things, is it just Si02 infused shampoo that they’ll use in their foam cannon or will it include a spray sealant applied after the wash to help maintain the hydrophobic properties of the coating?

2k will just about cover the cost of a foam wash + interior cleaning + trim dressing, so I’m inclined to believe it’s a silica infused shampoo, something like Gyeon Bathe+.
Yes, since they have recommended No Rinse washing at home, the ceramic wash will be proper Ph neutral shampoo wash on the outside followed by interior cleaning & trim dressing. And they WILL use a nano ceramic sealant for enhancing the gloss and hydrophobic properties. The service will be around 2.5K to be precise as taxes will be included.
Old 23rd December 2023, 01:58   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, since they have recommended No Rinse washing at home, the ceramic wash will be proper Ph neutral shampoo wash on the outside followed by interior cleaning & trim dressing. And they WILL use a nano ceramic sealant for enhancing the gloss and hydrophobic properties. The service will be around 2.5K to be precise as taxes will be included.
Got it. Pro coatings don’t need any sealant (specially not every 4 months) but if that’s the recommended schedule, follow it.

Will add, rinseless washing still requires a pressure washer to remove all the contamination before you do the contact step with the towels. No need to rinse after (hence the name).
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 11:26   #846

Quote:
Will add, rinseless washing still requires a pressure washer to remove all the contamination before you do the contact step with the towels. No need to rinse after (hence the name).
Can you suggest some good No Rinse solutions and soft foam brush/scrubber which I can order from Amazon? I have ordered the soft Korean microfiber cloth 600 GSM you suggested earlier to the members.
Old 24th December 2023, 12:37   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest some good No Rinse solutions and soft foam brush/scrubber which I can order from Amazon? I have ordered the soft Korean microfiber cloth 600 GSM you suggested earlier to the members.
Sure, Optimum No Rinse:

https://greenzcarcare.com/product/op...se-wash-shine/

Detailing brushes, Workstuff makes good quality ones:

https://greenzcarcare.com/product/wo...-brush-rubber/

Goes without saying do not use anything other than very plush brushes/mitts on paint.
AJ56 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 12:39   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Request recommendations on where I can get ceramic coating for my new black Audi A4 around or easily accessible from Noida.

My fallback options are visiting the Detailing Mafia, Carz Spa or the seemingly expensive Wuerth coating from the dealer…
Did you get it done? I am also looking for the same and unsure of giving my car in wrong hands so delaying the decision
Old 27th December 2023, 17:58   #849
BHPian

For my new E200, Mercedes dealer is recommending a Permagard coating + PPF on bumpers. Total quote is 69950 for ceramic + 65000 for PPF.

Is this in the realm of reasonable?

Last edited by vivekmohan83 : 27th December 2023 at 18:00.
Old 28th December 2023, 12:10   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmohan83 View Post
For my new E200, Mercedes dealer is recommending a Permagard coating + PPF on bumpers. Total quote is 69950 for ceramic + 65000 for PPF.

Is this in the realm of reasonable?
Too expensive and moreover for that price , i would suggest get a full car PPF done with some reputable brand. for mumbai we have two options as far as i remember.
  1. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...rz-mumbai.html (Car Detailing - Optimum Detailerz, Mumbai)
  1. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...ine-thane.html (Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane))
NOTORIOUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 09:34   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
Can someone suggest a good place to get Ceramic coating in Nagpur?
Any luck with this in Nagpur? I'm looking for a workshop in Nagpur for ceramic coating on 2 cars.
Old 29th December 2023, 11:15   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Any luck with this in Nagpur? I'm looking for a workshop in Nagpur for ceramic coating on 2 cars.
No. Couldn’t find a place, now my car has swirls everywhere 😔
Old 29th December 2023, 15:15   #853
BANNED

CAn you suggest some good brands and also where to find them then esp. in Gurugram. We are in the Golf Course Road. I will be happy to find those who have experienced it.
Old 29th December 2023, 19:40   #854
BHPian

I have done ceramic treatment and doing waterless wash once a week and once go for spray wash from local shop. Unfortunately the near shop is closed and most of other washing shops are using well water. I am avoiding borewell water but is well water ok for spray water wash? Any expert insight on this will help!
Old 30th December 2023, 00:21   #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Hi,

Having read through a lot of posts here, I am now having doubts if Ceramic Coating is better or should i simply use my car (Honda City 5th Gen) as it is with annual polishing and removing scratches and swirl marks and maybe after 5 years or so go for a full body repaint which might cost around 50k.

I do not have the luxury of washing the car by myself in my garage as I live in apartments and have to rely on normal car washer who would not take the pains of cleaning using waterless car wash inspite of paying higher (Volume matters than money for them).

Hi!

The same goes with me. Even I don’t have the liberty of time to wash and maintain it and neither the local body will take the pain for maintaining it so well as suggested in this forum.

IMHO, don’t even think of repainting the car. I did it with my last car, Hyundai Verna Fluidic. I felt I should have avoided the repainting. Repainting devalued my car while selling. Learnt a lesson the hard way.

I think for guys like us, we should stick to old school wax polish teflon coating and we should be good.

The reason for that is, when you do ceramic coating, there can still be swirl marks all around within a month or so, if the cleaning guy doesn’t follow the instructions.

This is completely my personal point of view.
masterminded is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks