Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 19:52   #811
BHPian

Re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
Anyone has experience with the Wurth ceramic painting offered by Honda dealers? It comes with 3yr warranty with 6 free coupons for reboosting.
Talked to the specific guy who knows more about this and learned that these are not free coupons, but rather discount coupons. They give 6 coupons to be used with in a 3yr period to get boosting done for Rs.2000 instead of their regular charge of Rs.14000. There is non specific warranty as such, the previous guy was talking BS.

Last edited by graaja : 30th October 2023 at 21:13. Reason: Fixing quoted text
Old 29th October 2023, 12:02   #812
BHPian

I have been obsessive about keeping my cars shining and looking brand new inside out to the point my wife complains her place is No.3 after my 2009 Honda Civic and my 2023 Skoda Kodiaq. While I pay my apartment guy for washing the Civic, unless it’s muddy after a rain, his area of work is restricted to keeping the alloy wheel clean, and taking out the carpets and vacuuming every week, while I tend to the paintwork myself with at least 30 mins of TLC every day, and hours on weekends.

It is definitely hard work, but am convinced with past 15 years of taking care of my Civic that one can maintain and have the vehicle age very slowly and gracefully without any coatings - my previous regime was shampoo wash & Meguair paste wax every month, with Jopasu dustier and ProKlear waterless wash daily. Three years back, I switched to Turtlewax Ceramic Hybrid wax which lasts for 3 months before needing reapplication. Even after 15 years and 1.4L Km, my Civic in harbenero red can give 3-4 year old cars a run for their money in appearance ( and many brand new cars in terms of driving pleasure, power and smoothness).
When I got my Kodiaq in Feb 2023, I researched Ceramic coatings and PPF, and while PPF offers superior protection from swirl marks, and self healing properties, it was prohibitively expensive for whole car wrapping. So I went with PPF only for the bumpers, ORVMs and other piano black parts ( exterior and interior). As for coating, O was intrigued by “ Ulgo glass coating” instead of conventional Ceramic, and after some research, went for it with Dabler Auto in Bangalore. Now 9 months down the line, I am happy with my decision as with my cleaning regime ( Jopasu duster + Meguair or Turtle wax ceramic detailer ) on an alternate days, shampoo wash once a month to once in 45 days, there are no swirl marks or marring on the paint and the water beading and gloss are maintained as the day the car was coated when brand new. My only complaint about this coating is that this did not have any jetting effect ( make the paint colour appear any deeper), which the conventional Ceramic coatings do.
I recently came across ( on YouTube) about a newer product from Diamond Protech, Switzerland called Diamond36, that claims to offer superior scratch resistance and insane gloss over conventional ceramic coatings. Also saw one YouTube video about an applicator in Kochi, Kerala called Rosho who indicated this will cost about 25% more than grapheme coatings. Curious to know if anyone in Team BhP has tried this supposedly more advanced coating and if yes, the experience so far.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 21:11   #813

Hello,

I am planning to get my new Slavia undergo ceramic coating strictly due to the Lava Blue colour. The dealer is offering the 3M ceramic coating with 2 years warranty and 4 top ups for a price of 24K. Is it viable to get the job done through SKODA workshop as the expertise might be questionable? Are there any other options available in Pune, specifically Pimpri Chinchwad area where I can get high quality ceramic coating done in this budget? Kindly suggest.

Regards
Old 30th October 2023, 22:58   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyon View Post
I recently had my new Seltos 2023 GTX+ 7DCT car treated with ceramic coating at ESPERTO Bilekahalli facility, and I am thoroughly impressed with the service provided.

Ojas is very helpful, understands your requirement and provides clarity on how the process is done as well explains what comes with the package that you can opt for. The team does have a good level of professionalism and expertise. They use Drexler graphene coating, multiple layers applied along with the layer of top coat ensuring my car received the best possible treatment.

Post service Esperto would provide 3 maintenance coat on 18 month cycle for the platinum package I have opted for.
5 Years warranty for minor scratches , paint fade and hydrophobic effect.

Along with this the team at Esperto is very open for getting top coats once in every 6 months with nominal car wash charges..

Long-Term Effect (Awaiting)
Wow. The results seem fantastic. The car is indeed gleaming.

Can you please share the time taken to do this job? Also, the overall cost?

Do they also work on the alloy wheels?

Btw, what is a hydrophobic effect and how do they fix it if it ever happens?
Old 1st November 2023, 18:20   #815
BHPian

Hi All,

Any feedback on "Elegant Car Spa" electronic city. Want to get Graphene coating done for my XUV700. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepak
Old 3rd November 2023, 09:19   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow. The results seem fantastic. The car is indeed gleaming.

Can you please share the time taken to do this job? Also, the overall cost?

Do they also work on the alloy wheels?

Btw, what is a hydrophobic effect and how do they fix it if it ever happens?
The time taken to do this job: I left my car on the day at 10 AM and collected it back next day by 3 PM. It was a week day.

Cost : Based on the size of the car. A Compact SUV would be around 25K - 35K and how well you negotiate based on three year or five year plan.. Five year plan has an additional layer for thickness i guess.

Hydrophobic effect if retains longer the better. The ceramic coat would have formed a bond with the paint and repels the water and its contamination.. The water beading that you see after the wash is what you need to have. For how may washes it would last depends on the effectiveness of the coat and washing techniques.
As discussed I selected an option for 18 months once recoat for three times.
Kiyon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 10:18   #817
Senior - BHPian

Got my Jimny protected with the Labocosmetica nano ceramic coating from my go-to detailer - Aquatint in Pune. They had a 30% discount offer running, hence it was quite resonably priced as well.

I have accepted the reality that unless you have a detailing studio of your own, it is practically impossible to avoid swirl marks in our dusty country and hence just wanted a sealant / creamic coating on the stock paint post which I can follow my usual maintenance routine.

I use the Jopasu / Bergmann dusters for daily dusting, wash the car with a ProKlear waterless wash once in 10 -15 days and if it has rained or the car has been through muddy roads then a pressure wash at a nearby detailer. I have been using a Meguires / Turtle spray on wax post the wash sessions for short term protection and to keep the gloss levels high. Yes, my cars have swirls but it has retained the gloss levels over 5 years and unless you inspect the paint from close up you can't really tell.

Aquatint did a great job as expected on the Jimny and I have now realised the dark blue is not an easy colour to maintain with even a thin layer of dust being very visible on this dark colour, unlike the red on my Ecosport which is more forgiving.

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20230924_1808443.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20230924_180107.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20230924_175931.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20231009_08141101.jpeg
With my Ecosport. Had done a paint sealant when bought new and followed the above described process with occasional professional wash and wax sessions at Aquatint.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 22:25   #818

Re: Detailer in Chennai ceramic coated car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi, i would suggest you go to the guy who coated the car, he would know what product was used for ceramic, any attempt to buff the existing coating without knowing what was applied will result in you losing the coat.

Cheers
I'm looking for doing ceramic coating for my newly bought Seltos imperial blue colour. Which vendor is good - detailing mafia or ceramic pro.
Detailing mafia @ Valasaravakkam gives discount for the coating. Appreciate any guidance on this
Old 7th November 2023, 12:54   #819
BHPian

I opted for 3M ceramic coating and it’s been 3 days now. I am exploring an option of maintaining the car shine and avoid incorrect way of cleaning the car. I ordered the Proklear RAW Xtreme CRC, Microfiber, pressure spray pump as I read review of one of the users on Amazon recommending this product. Thinking of daily cleaning the car with this kit and once in a week get it washed with pressure pump from outside. While doing research, I found this useful thread hence do share suggestions on this approach.

Last edited by kumar7 : 7th November 2023 at 12:57.
Old 7th November 2023, 20:26   #820

Hello,

Apologies for reposting again. Please suggest a good workshop preferably a pro detailer for ceramic coating in Pune as I need to get my LAVA BLUE Slavia get the protective coating at the earliest. The colour is a dust magnet of highest order, so please suggest dusting and cleaning techniques too as there are lot of conflicting opinions in this thread. I can dust the car twice a week and can wash/clean the car every Sunday. Beyond that, it won't be possible for me to care for the car lest I lose my sanity in maintaining a spotless car. So kindly put forth your suggestions. It will be very helpful to me.

Regards
Old 8th November 2023, 11:17   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpiegel26 View Post
Hello,

Apologies for reposting again. Please suggest a good workshop preferably a pro detailer for ceramic coating in Pune as I need to get my LAVA BLUE Slavia get the protective coating at the earliest. ...
Check out Aquatint at Baner in Pune. Top class work and I have been going to them since 2017. Some pictures of my recently protected Jimny a few posts above.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 11:23   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Apologies for reposting again. Please suggest a good workshop preferably a pro detailer for ceramic coating in Pune as I need to get my LAVA BLUE Slavia get the protective coating at the earliest. The colour is a dust magnet of highest order, so please suggest dusting and cleaning techniques too as there are lot of conflicting opinions in this thread. I can dust the car twice a week and can wash/clean the car every Sunday. Beyond that, it won't be possible for me to care for the car lest I lose my sanity in maintaining a spotless car. So kindly put forth your suggestions. It will be very helpful to me.

Regards
I searched in Baner area and found few but the ceramic solution brand they were referring was unknown to me. You can find multiple such detailing shops as they have 100+ google reviews. I finally settled with nearest 3M as we know this brand from long time. One is in Aundh at parking of Westend Mall and other is at Pashan that I am aware of.
kumar7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 14:18   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Check out Aquatint at Baner in Pune. Top class work and I have been going to them since 2017. Some pictures of my recently protected Jimny a few posts above.
What is the tentative charges for their ceramic coating and is there any top-up coating in the package? Kindly elaborate if you can, I need to be very sure before I approach the studio. Also, do I need to negotiate the prices with them?
Old 9th November 2023, 14:49   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the tentative charges for their ceramic coating ...
For the Jimny the Labcosmetica Nano Ceramic was ~18k which after the 30% discount campaign at the time cost me ~13k.

I suggest you reach out to them and have a discussion on your requirement. They are not the pushy kind and will be in a better position to answer your questions. Prices are usually fixed, but you can always try to negotiate for a little discount.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 13:00   #825
BHPian

Good afternoon, everyone. I have received a quote of Rs 36,000 from Luxon TATA (Nippon group) for Graphene coating on my new Tata Safari and was wondering if it's a reasonable deal. They will be using the Yasmark brand, which comes with a 3-year warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks