Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 16:49   #15616
Senior - BHPian

re: Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
GOD, please let me do , to the entity(apologies for not calling him a man) who did this
This is vary serious mistake ...may be. Even 'Horrendous' is smaller word to describe this.
Old 25th April 2013, 17:24   #15617
BHPian

Quote:
GOD, please let me do , to the entity(apologies for not calling him a man) who did this :-

I'm not masking the reg number,cause I want someone to find the owner & sue him!!

And YES, it's for sale- Any takers??!!
Regards,
Varun
I think he has modified it again. He camouflaged the rear seats ( if thats what you call them ) ..

You dont believe me, check the old thread again .
Old 25th April 2013, 17:49   #15618
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Guess we have a winner now?
Was this spotted in chembumukku, cochin? Last saturday?
Old 25th April 2013, 20:40   #15619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
It is actually a good mod , Look carefully and try to understand.
(1) He has fitted a snorkle so the objective is to build a jeep capable of water fording.

(4) Front differential is not visible but since there is a winch and snorkle it is assumed that it should be 4X4 else owner would not invest so much.

Don't see know why it is catagorized as weird and why this extreme reaction ?

I would buy if I have extra moolah , space to park and time to indulge in off-roading + engine condition is good.
Hello Amit,
I did not post this pic to offend anyone. I just posted what I thought, the majority of bhp'ians would call "weird & wacky". If you like it, so be it.

Just for the record, wanted to bring to your notice some comments made by other members,after I posted the pics:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
from the front it looks like a boat or a amphibious craft
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I guess this was featured here sometime last year in the Thar modification section. It looks hideous. I think the owner is a BHPian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
This is vary serious mistake ...may be. Even 'Horrendous' is smaller word to describe this.
If you want more comments on this thar, check out this thread:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...thar-thor.html

I admit that I'm no mechanical engineer & my knowledge is limited. With my limited knowledge,I would like to bring to your attention some things so that you can, in your own words "look carefully & try to understand" :-

Quote:
(2) There is a power winch on the bumper , So bumper reinforced to be strong enough to pull out jeep stuck in mud.
If you look at the pic, you will see that the bumper has "fake" air diffuser kind of thing. The most easiest way to do this is by moulding ABS/Fiber. So I presume, the bumper is made by ABS/fiber. Ask any offroader as to how much time these ABS/fiber thing will last on an off-road excrusion.

Quote:
(5) 7J alloys and wide tyres for better grip ( and looks ) and once tyres are out of mudguard you need protection so that water and mud is not thrown at occupants so extra wide mudguards.
I think that the easiest way to increase the width of the track is by adding spacers. And I presume that's what he has done. We all know the stress spacers can add,especially in off-road conditions.

The other way is to replace the original axle, with wider axle. I don't think he has walked that path.
One more thing that I've learned in T-Bhp is that offroaders prefer SWB jeeps with a track that's not too wide, so that's it's easier to maneuver in narrow trials. So going too wide is not advisable.

Now, I would like to put up 1 more pic of the jeep:-
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-peep4.jpg

Look carefully at the 4wd gear lever. You will see that the lever is missing a knob. I agree that you can shift from 2wd-4wd & vice versa, without the knob, but I guess this shows the attitude of the owner.

Quote:
engine condition is good
I don't know how you have come to the conclusion that the "engine is good", by just looking at pic!!!! Nevertheless, if you say so,I believe it !!

I hope that you will "Look carefully and try to understand"

I know that that this is not the right thread to discuss further, so I rest my case here!!!

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 25th April 2013 at 20:43.
powertrain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 21:45   #15620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I thought Swift's AC was decent enough!
The below one may not be a permanent modification, but for summer only.
Source: My friend's FB wall. He spotted this on MG road, Bangalore.

Attachment 1077268
Contrary to many opinion expressed, I don't think it is a pedestal fan being transported. I think it is working (spinning) because you cannot see individual flower petal like blades. My family had a hearty laugh over this photo.
Old 25th April 2013, 22:29   #15621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Contrary to many opinion expressed, I don't think it is a pedestal fan being transported. I think it is working (spinning) because you cannot see individual flower petal like blades. My family had a hearty laugh over this photo.
Sorry to burst your bubble bro but look very closely and you will notice the transparent plastic blades. I can say so because we bought similar pedestal fans for mezzanine floor of my office recently where the floor height is just about 6'.
But yes the pic, in casual manner, is indeed fun for few laughs.

Raab rakha.
Old 25th April 2013, 22:30   #15622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Guess we have a winner now?
I went through the last 4 pages of this thread but I still can't believe that a RR can be tortured to this extent. If it is a PS job then fine but if it for real then God help the owner.
Old 26th April 2013, 00:09   #15623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Amit
I hope that you will "Look carefully and try to understand"

I know that that this is not the right thread to discuss further, so I rest my case here!!!

Regards,
Varun
I had no background about this perticulat Mods in detail.
That engine being good was not a conclusion about this jeep but a condition if I was buying as somewhere in previous post a question about buying was posted.
Putting a winch on a jeep just for looks is surely waste I assumed it might be 4x4.
About tyre if purpose is water fording and mud driving wide instead of narrow track is better most people do not risk it though.
Old 26th April 2013, 06:43   #15624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

I had no background about this perticulat Mods in detail.
That engine being good was not a conclusion about this jeep but a condition if I was buying as somewhere in previous post a question about buying was posted.
Putting a winch on a jeep just for looks is surely waste I assumed it might be 4x4.
About tyre if purpose is water fording and mud driving wide instead of narrow track is better most people do not risk it though.
True that SWB is preferred but that stands for wheel base, here he has widened the track which is equally important. A wider track and shorter wheel base both make vehicle more stable.

I think our friend mistook track for wheel base.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:44   #15625
BHPian

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-20130430-12.20.52.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-20130430-12.20.37.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-20130430-12.19.52.jpg

This is the jet age 'Taj' tuk tuk i got to see at Whitefield Bangalore. Look at those chromed engine console, sure to blow you away!!!
Old 30th April 2013, 21:01   #15626
BHPian

That looks like a nasty disaster waiting to happen. Any rash braking, which these auto guys definitely does, is gonna cut up an unfortunate fare if that contraption is indeed made of some kind of metal sheet.

Nobody over there to keep a watch?
Old 6th May 2013, 13:36   #15627
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

While we are on Auto Ricks Toyota comes in to replace Bajaj and make these reliable - at least that is what the owner of this rick thought.

Pls. excuse the poor quality of mobile phone snaps. Could not keep the hand still enough through the car then.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-20130430_190455_resized.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-20130430_190509_resized.jpg  

Old 6th May 2013, 21:13   #15628
Senior - BHPian

The big daddy of all weird and wacky modded cars!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-1367391903_506576833_4lamborghinimurcielagovehicles.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-1367391903_506576833_1picturesoflamborghinimurcielago.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-1367391903_506576833_2lamborghinimurcielagokochi.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-1367391903_506576833_3lamborghinimurcielagocars.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-its-done-esteem-whole-job-took-deep-7.5l.jpg  

Anand123 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 21:20   #15629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
The big daddy of all weird and wacky modded cars!
I was rolling on the floor laughing all over. That is the most hillarious thing I have ever seen in my life.

Any idea what car is it based upon? Looks like something from MSIL stable.

Last edited by carzone : 6th May 2013 at 21:43.
Old 6th May 2013, 21:24   #15630
BHPian

LOL! That looks like a Lamborghini with a beer belly! Or a beer bottom rather.

Wacky as it may be, gotta hand it over to the people who did this. Looks like a lot of work went into it. And doesn't look as shabby as the usual chop shop mods.

Last edited by Tassem : 6th May 2013 at 21:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks