Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 01:14   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey harish,

i also need to go pick up a muffler..any siggestions as to where? i'm getting one from a friend. it's a nitto muffler but i'm not sure about the size of the muffler also did you get the existing muffler removed?

Even i'm not sure about it however you can check with KAKA for the same. I did not get my existing muffler removed.

BTW i've already co-ordinated with BB and KD to go to KAKA in April 1st week.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:14   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Hey harish,

i also need to go pick up a muffler..any siggestions as to where? i'm getting one from a friend. it's a nitto muffler but i'm not sure about the size of the muffler also did you get the existing muffler removed?

In delhi, Performance Zone is the best shop for all your car purchase. Here's their website Performance Products India, Auto Parts Delhi, Car Parts Delhi and Auto Spare Parts
Old 4th April 2010, 17:29   #138
BHPian

A cool M800....

Here is a nicely "converted" M800...

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-m8003.jpg
Old 4th April 2010, 19:00   #139
BHPian

Looks quite nice.. Could do with better alloys though.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:02   #140
BHPian

i just dont know why ppl dont get it. you cant go around chopping roofs of cars with a monocoque body. id pay to see what happens to him and the car when he has his first crash with it. this thing will bend even if he breaks hard
mycarhasablower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2010, 22:08   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
i just dont know why ppl dont get it. you cant go around chopping roofs of cars with a monocoque body. id pay to see what happens to him and the car when he has his first crash with it. this thing will bend even if he breaks hard
Agreed it not the wisest mod from the safety point of view, but it looks well executed. Anyway, I doubt if that car will ever be seen in a city (with cops all over waiting to pounce on such mods, as I believe they are not RTO endorsed), let alone being crashed. I would give credit to creativity.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:18   #142
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+1 to that! This car will have the handling skills of a boat...chopping the roof off completely kills the onroad behaviour of a monocoque car.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2010, 15:39   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
In delhi, Performance Zone is the best shop for all your car purchase. Here's their website Performance Products India, Auto Parts Delhi, Car Parts Delhi and Auto Spare Parts

I'm not sure if you've been there but his prices are over the roof unless you know someone who can get a bargain from him.

I got my K&N from him thru a guy i knew due to which i got it atleast 15 %cheaper that what he would have sold to a new customer.

I had also bought 2 stickers from him K&N Rs 100 and NOS with a arrow pointing downwards ( Rs 100 ) since i kinda knew him.

Having said this he's got almost everything that a person wants to be modded in his car and is very professional too.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:01   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Why only monocoque? Isn't same is applicable with monospace as well?
Old 5th April 2010, 18:36   #145
BHPian

monospace is a shape , monocoque is a chassis type. in monocoque the body itself is the frame and the roof helps keep it in shape. roadsters are made specifically to be stiff enough to do without the help of the roof

the cars in which you can chop the roof are the now redundant body on frame (usually ladder frame) chassis. here the frame underneath the body maintains the shape of the car not the body itself. few examples of cars with this type of chassis are: innova, safari , sumo, gypsy, standard herald(in this one the roof is bolted on so it can be taken off easily), and old cars like classic fords chevys from the classic era.
strangely our contessa and fiat which ae so often abused by chopping off the roof are pretty modern in their design. conti is a monocoque and fiat is semi monocoque. so please in case of cars ....art is secondary to science unless you want to only keep it in a museum. the 800 shown above will bend its chassis if you drive it on bad roads for an hour with 5 ppl on board, which you can verify by trying to open the doors. they would seem to have lost alignment. thats cuz the body is bending.

the only way to chop the roof of a monocoque properly is to convert it into a body on frame setup, in which case it isnt a monocoque anymore. body on frame became redundant cuz they werent safe during crashes. in a monocoque you can design it in a way that everything but the passenger compartment crumples, in body on frame the car bends as a whole.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 5th April 2010 at 18:40.
Old 6th April 2010, 08:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey harish,

Did you go to him this weekend?
Old 6th April 2010, 12:51   #147
BHPian

Very nice looking Maruti 800.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

I'm a noob at mods. So, the veterans, kindly treat this as a quest for gyaan.

What I've got at home is a 2002 M800 (SB-308), ~80k km. My dad takes it to office and back home, and sometimes a highway trip to Coimbatore and Thrissur - monthly 1k km max. The car is completely stock, and in mint condition. The only "mods" would be the 90/100 Headlamps that I forced my dad into buying, because of the hardships faced during our occasional NH-47 drives, and the LPG kit. Oh yes, we have all five tyres filled with N2.

I don't intend to spend a fortune on mods, so aesthetics can wait.

What I want is to improve the performance without affecting the FE - will a conical air-filter help? I have an LPG kit, so will I have to adjust it again? Or should I go for the basic K&N replacement? What's the amount of Vit-M involved?

I searched the K&N site, and it says only the replacement filter is suggested for M800 (Part no E-2297)

Will a FFE burn a hole in my pocket?

If I go for wider profile tyres, say 165/60R12, will it affect the FE?

I'm quite satisfied with the stock brakes. Should I go for an upgrade if I manage to fit the air filter plus FFE?

I hope I'm not going overboard with my questions
Old 7th April 2010, 17:55   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Did you go to him this weekend?
Hey,
no i didnt get the time this weekend..was kind of busy. but i'm going to work it out soon. have put upgrades on a backburner for some time. work is getting hectic these days. hopefully sometime on the distant future.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:56   #150
BHPian

WOW! I never knew a thread existed on mods for an M800 ! I'm jumping in joy now. I own an M800 2001 MPFI 5speed. I keep doing some or the other DIYs in my car. I'll post a list of all my DIYs in here by tonight. Also I've lots of other queries bout my DIYs which still are in my head. Hope I'll get some innovative solutions in here
Keep watching this space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks