Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 23:40   #91
BHPian

Re: Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice, please do share pictures of your Thar with the new headlamps.
Thank you GTO. Sharing the pictures as promised. Totally loved the new upgrade. I'm sharing a few details here on how to order these lights directly from Stedi website for benefit of wider community.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_20230827_151709.jpg
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_20230827_151531.jpg
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_20230827_151602.jpg

Why the lighting upgrade?
Why not, its a Thar, Most customized car I have seen on the roads. Like GTO mentioned many times on this forum, Every Thar is unique with some customization. Its just a little over a month since I took the delivery of this beast and I never had any issues with default halogen lights. However, I've got the itch of upgrading lights as Thar looked its best with LED DRLs (I know, Looks are subjective). So, I decided to go for this upgrade.

Why Stedi Carbon Black?
When I had almost zeroed on DHC 7" headlights for my Thar, I happened to read this thread and changed my decision to go for Stedi. While I liked GTO's Stedi Homage lights are classy and unique but Nair.V8's Carbon black lights appealed more to me for the modern look with DRL.

How to order these lights?
Stedi doesn't have a reseller in India but There are 2 ways to get these lights.

First option is to order from https://www.facebook.com/offoraderscommunity/, This is how GTO ordered his lights and they charge little margin over the import charges and distribute products to customers.

Second option is to order directly from Stedi(AU) website(stedi.com.au). (Stedi also has a UK website stediuk.com but prices are almost double as AU website), This is how Nair.V8 ordered.

I decided to go with second option as I could save few bucks though I know the risk of package struck in customs sometimes. Adding lights to the cart and payment process was a straight forward process. Stedi has also gave me concession on Delivery pricing(12 AUDs extra over the total price of 400 AUD) when I selected destination as India. However, I got more greedy when I saw the option for Discount Code, I immediately did a google search and applied a random coupon code which reduced the final price further to 393.87 AUD, Sweet. I quickly made the payment and observed value converted in my credit card statement as 22,196 INR.

Issues with Customs and Delivery?
DHL is the delivery partner for international shipments of Stedi. I literally annoyed when DHL didn't pickup the package for first 3 days until I submitted the documentation for address proof matching my name, residential proof etc. However, I realized later that it is only helping customers by giving another chance of correcting the corresponding address to minimize the risk of package struck in custom. Pro tip: Ensure that you have a valid address proof for the address that you share with Stedi for delivery without any typo errors.

Another issue I faced was DHL wanted a clarification letter from me for why the Invoice value and the final payment value differed. So, I had to write a letter to Customs officer that I had applied a discount code which reduced the final amount of this product. It took about 3 days for DHL to clear the package from Customs and deliver. I had to pay 11518.60/- for Customs import duty.

Is Installation hassle free?
Like few other had already mentioned, some tweak is needed to install these lights, Technician need to cut the following frame marked in the red to install the lights. Technician has charged me 1500/- INR for the installation. So, the final bill for installing these lights came as 35214.69/- INR. As I understand, installation is not a DIY project at least for people like me. It took about 2 hours for 2 technicians to replace the lights.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_20230826_123946.jpg
snallagatla is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Why Stedi Carbon Black?
When I had almost zeroed on DHC 7" headlights for my Thar, I happened to read this thread and changed my decision to go for Stedi. While I liked GTO's Stedi Homage lights are classy and unique but Nair.V8's Carbon black lights appealed more to me for the modern look with DRL.
Happy to hear that my posts helped you decide on these lights, I'm genuinely thrilled to see another Stedi Carbon equipped Thar! These lights look smashing on your Napoli black Thar!

Quick update on my vehicle: just recently I've installed a few additional accessories to complement the wicked looking Stedi Carbon units. These include a body colored 7-slot grill, grill mounted American-truck style marker lights & twin-DRL fender lights (inspired from GTO's Thar). I'm loving the end result!

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-picsart_231003_215819449.jpg
Nair.V8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 09:28   #93
BHPian

Headlight upgrade on my Thar

Light Model - Truck-Lite 27291 C / LHT
Sourced through: Ebay
Installation: DIY

Guys, I have installed Truck-lite headlights on my Thar recently. Results are awesome and the unit is of amazing quality. What impressed me the most was the cut off lines on low beams and throw of lights on high beams. This also has a very cute DRL which I managed to connect in such a way that will come on only when the park light switch is on.

Stedis are awesome, however if any one wants to have the Truck Lites, I would highly recommend this model. This is the company who invented this sealed beam LED technology and has been a regular supplier of LED headlights to USA military Humvees over a decade. I can vouch for its quality!
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1728.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1723.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1724.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1725.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1722.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1733.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1727.jpeg  

highwaypatrol is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 20:21   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post

That was a very informative post.. Thank you. You mentioned DHC 7" Headlights, I have been contemplating on getting them installed on my Thar (DHC A036 BlackHawk) but was unable to find a reliable review regarding these headlights. Could you please let me know if you have seen them installed on a Thar, if so how is the performance.
Old 15th October 2023, 12:26   #95
BHPian

Just got my Stedi Carbon Blacks … going to get them installed
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-4a9d35e4210a4f6e9e64e5acaa7700b1.jpeg  

Urorobo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 22:53   #96
BHPian

Hi

Can any workshop install these lights ? Some adjustments are needed in the frame as a member pointed.

Would it be more prudent to visit the accessories guys as they are retrofitting similar headlights daily so would be more accustomed.

I am also thinking of getting the Grill installed. Are Grills of different qualities as some were lighter and some heavier.

A member has asked about my Stedi - I got them from Australia and a friend carried them so quiet a good deal for me.

Thank you
Old 19th October 2023, 07:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urorobo View Post
Just got my Stedi Carbon Blacks … going to get them installed
Can you please DM me the details of the distributor or dealer who deals with Stedi lights in India?
Old 20th October 2023, 11:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Can any kind soul please do a Stedi vs DHC sealed headlight comparison. Dealers in my place are pushing for DHC but there is absolutely no user review for the same. None nowhere.
Old 20th October 2023, 14:04   #99
BHPian

Mandatory Pics

Will post some good ones soon

Carbon Black enhances the Napoli Black.

DHC doesn’t look as Good as Stedi. Stedi has a warranty of 5 years. DHC dealers giving varied warranties from none to 6 months / 1 yr max.

Thank You Nair and Snallgattla.

Installing the Stedi requires some grinding of the frame as a member has pointed out. A nick us needed in the wire for DRL.

I personally don’t like the parking lights which are like cheap Chinese lights and seen on many Bullet bikes.

The light at night was not very different TBH and 140 W halogens are much brighter but a highway drive will settle that.

As of now loving the modern look because of the Projectors and half ring DRLs give it a unique signature.

Loving my Dragon eyes. Reminds me of Toothless.
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-bfe2e7a90421413bac23323a1f79849c.jpeg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-a90eeaca33c74941a516244b15e79923.jpeg  

Urorobo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 09:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urorobo View Post
DHC doesn’t look as Good as Stedi. Stedi has a warranty of 5 years. DHC dealers giving varied warranties from none to 6 months / 1 yr max.
by 'looks' do you mean visual appeal/oomph factor or light throw. Btw just saw another 7 inch sealed headlight that claims to be laser. I guess will have to try each one at a time and go the hard way then. The morimoto super 7 2.0 is also a tough competitor with respect to spread of light.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 07:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
by 'looks' do you mean visual appeal/oomph factor or light throw. Btw just saw another 7 inch sealed headlight that claims to be laser. I guess will have to try each one at a time and go the hard way then. The morimoto super 7 2.0 is also a tough competitor with respect to spread of light.
Visual appeal. As for the throw the Sted lights have good reviews on most platforms. I am not too sure about high beams but low is excellent.

Two Aux Lamps in front or Projector Fogs are other options.

Function is more more important than looks when it comes to headlights. Myriad better lookimg Chinese lights available.
Urorobo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:10   #102
Team-BHP Support

Recently, I saw a Thar here in Gurgaon that had the exact same lights as G Wagon. Any pointers?
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 20:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who is game enough to try this ?? ;
It is a projector based bi-led setup which should be pretty effective.
https://vaishnu.com/product/led-tour...made-in-india/
lurker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 16:42   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Anyone who is game enough to try this ?? ;
It is a projector based bi-led setup which should be pretty effective.
https://vaishnu.com/product/led-tour...made-in-india/
I came across this brand recently when i was hunting for yellow fog lamps. Cant seem to find much reviews of this brand online on other platforms.
Old 25th October 2023, 23:03   #105
BHPian

Projector Fog lamps and Cubes/ Aux needed.

Suggestion’s welcome.

Would prefer warm/amber lights as we have fog coming.

Are AUX lights not allowed as per RTO ? Delhi / Haryana please let us know as we drive frequently to DL and HR. UP isn’t that strict yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks