Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:58   #121
BHPian

Re: Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
A lot of what I've written is based on other's reviews and some of it based on my experience. I will move to Vaishnu soon, but as of now have no first hand experience. Their couplers are fantastic, though.
Just got off the call with Vaishnu Lights (at a number listed on their website) and enquired about the product you linked up above. It seems that this particular light will need some sorta bracket to make it fit onto the Thar, and secondly, and more importantly so, it needs a wiring harness to be installed and cables run into the cabin through the firewall and all that jazz which am not particularly a fan of.

After listening to my requirements (the dude was knowledgeable, very cordial, and patient) he suggested that I leave the stock fogs alone and upgrade the headlights to a higher powered light instead (he suggested Osram) and install their H4 harness which he said is plug and play, does not require splicing wires, and is less intrusive as everything stays within the engine bay. This, according to him, will provide 1.5-2.0 times better illumination compared to the stock set up.

From the sounds of it, this seems to be the way to go. Their harness costs about a grand, the Orsrams he said will run about half, and so under 2k, including installation, should address my needs. I have no reasons to doubt him but how true would this be in the dark of the night, remains to be seen.

What are your thoughts?

Oh, and thanks for the detailed reply earlier and taking time to educate me on this; it's much appreciated.

Last edited by fjcruiser08 : 23rd March 2024 at 13:06. Reason: typo
Old 26th March 2024, 13:03   #122
BHPian

Just last month i got these Vaishnu 3 inch yellow fog lights installed on my Thar. I've created a post regarding this already, sharing the link for reference: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5729929 (Mahindra Thar : Official Review).

The quality of these lights & wiring harness is top notch. I've yet to test their performance in foggy conditions though.
Nair.V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 13:08   #123
BHPian

Here's a picture of the front with the Vaishnu 3inch units switched on, love the way these look when lit up!

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-20240303_180013.jpg
Nair.V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 21:49   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post

The quality of these lights & wiring harness is top notch. I've yet to test their performance in foggy conditions though.
My biggest beef is with the fact that they need wires to be run into the cabin through the firewall and then there's that switch that you must install. The lights look great though (thanks for following up with that lovely picture), and hell yeah, Bug Lives Matter!
fjcruiser08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks