Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 13:00   #106
BHPian

Re: Car Scratch Remover

Anyone of you tried Com-paint pen.

http://www.com-paint.com/products/co...-paint-pen-kit

I need to remove a few small scratches on white punto.
Old 24th February 2016, 13:52   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
Anyone of you tried Com-paint pen.

http://www.com-paint.com/products/co...-paint-pen-kit

I need to remove a few small scratches on white punto.
There is an entire DIY thread here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172372
Old 17th May 2016, 19:38   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Hi Guys,
Complete car detailing noob here. I have an experience to share.
That was amazing. Is that a permanent fix or did that scratch come out after some period again?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2017 at 20:27. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 17th May 2016, 19:47   #109
BHPian

Should I buy Formula 1 Scratchout or some similar product from 3M for minor scratches on my DIAMOND White car?
Old 17th May 2016, 22:50   #110
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Should I buy Formula 1 Scratchout or some similar product from 3M for minor scratches on my DIAMOND White car?
Any such products you buy, will only remove the paint which is on top of your clear coat, meaning, suppose a red car has scratched your white car, these scratch removers will only remove the red paint from your car. So if the scratch is deep i.e gone past your car's paint, this will not help.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 11:43   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Any such products you buy, will only remove the paint which is on top of your clear coat, meaning, suppose a red car has scratched your white car, these scratch removers will only remove the red paint from your car. So if the scratch is deep i.e gone past your car's paint, this will not help.
How about the method of using Colgate for a small scratch on white car? will that actually work?
I saw one person mentioning it in this same thread
Old 20th May 2016, 14:01   #112
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
How about the method of using Colgate for a small scratch on white car? will that actually work?
I saw one person mentioning it in this same thread
Even I had read it somewhere but have no personal experience, so will not comment on that.

If it is just a minor scratch then some hard polishing may make the scratch fade away, you will need to wax it up after doing this to protect the paint. I will repeat what I said in my last post, all this will only work if your original car paint is not damaged.

If the scratch is deep then the only option would be to try out touch-up paints, but be carefull as it is very unlikely to get a perfect match. You may get lucky because your car is white.
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:41   #113
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My car recently completed 10,000 km, I wanted to celebrate this milestone but got other surprise. Someone decided to scratch hood of car in our society parking.

Car Scratch Remover-img_20170611_155935.jpg

Car Scratch Remover-img_20170611_155906.jpg

Scratches are pretty deep at few places, my current goal is to avoid rusting. I am thinking of doing DIY paint touch up (should I look into any other alternative).

Questions:

*Where can I find color code for Ecosport Golden Bronze shade?
*Has anyone tried paint touch up ? If yes how was your experience?
*Has anyone tried https://colorndrive.com/en kits before?
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Scratches are pretty deep at few places, my current goal is to avoid rusting. I am thinking of doing DIY paint touch up (should I look into any other alternative).

Questions:

my humble request, let it be. Do not fiddle around with painting, it will stick out like a sore thumb and the situation will be worse, If you cant stand the sight of it then take it to a good painter and get the whole hood sprayed, if it was a bumper or a quarter panel they could have blended it, but hood, doors look hideous after touchups.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 21:39   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
my current goal is to avoid rusting. I am thinking of doing DIY paint touch up (should I look into any other alternative).

Questions:

Please try the product tried in the thread below. Do not be put off by the thread title, I have used this personally and your car will look much better after use!

Be careful to gently spread it with a steady hand with minimum fluid and light pressure, only across the scratch width, results will be good.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-come-off.html
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 17:07   #116
Senior - BHPian

I found Scratch Out useful for removing rough marks on my alloy wheels castle nuts.

Before Scratch Out application:

Car Scratch Remover-20170730_163115.jpg

After Scratch Out treatment:

Car Scratch Remover-20170730_163709.jpg
Old 13th September 2017, 12:41   #117
BHPian

Hello All

I have some scratches on my Diamond White Ecosport ( Bumper Area) . Toothpaste has removed the lighter ones and there are a few medium level scratches. I check on the com-paint.com website and they have a touch up pen for Mahindra Scorpio ( Diamond White ). The one for Ecosport is out of stock. I would like to know if the colour is the same on both these cars or is there a slight difference. If its exactly the same , i can order it right away.
Old 18th September 2017, 13:34   #118
BHPian

This is something I did 4 years back and since then have been using this combo effectively. My driver once scratched the Polos bumper on an under run bar of a truck as he never used to maintain enough distance from the vehicle in front. There were scratches and the paint was also gone. This is what I tried:

1. Cleaned using shampoo and then applied kerosene. Waited for 10 minutes and rinsed it off. Kerosene is safe and have been using it for the past 7 years on all my cars to remove Tar n bug marks. Kerosene removed around 30% of the marks.

2. Since kerosene could only do so much, next I moved to something very powerful and potentially harmful for the paint (but here anyway the paint is scratched). Sprayed perfume to a cotton bud and ran it along the scratch and washed it off immediately(or else you may risk damaging the paint). All the scratches and paint marks were removed. But still the spots were paint was peeled off remained black.(Second pic)

3. Took the good old whitener/ correction pen and filled the spots were paint was peeled off. Buffed the entire section with F1 liquid wax and voila, the damages were now almost invisible to my eyes (Third pic). The whitener stayed as good as day one until the car was sold last year. Its almost as good as paint itself.

Hoping this would help some one here. If your car has some unique colour, ask your better half to get hold of nail polish that matches your car and that too can hide scratches to a great extent. With nail polishes you can get almost every shade imaginable. I use them on alloy wheels to cover up the stone chips that we get on our roads. Haven't tried tooth paste as it can be very abrasive & harsh on the paint. Perfume shouldn't cause any harm if applied only on the damaged portions & removed immediately. I always check these things on the underside of the bumpers at first to see whether it can cause any damage. So any one who tries Perfume in such a situation please ensure whether it can work on your cars paint or not.

So thats it, my bag of Jugaads for keeping your car happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Scratch Remover-img_20140814_092121292_hdr.jpg  

Car Scratch Remover-img_20140814_102749268_hdr.jpg  

Car Scratch Remover-img_20140814_104244377_hdr.jpg  

SUPERSPORT is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 14:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
This is something I did 4 years back and since then have been using this combo effectively.
Guess what, I own a polo in exactly the same color as you had.
And I have applied exactly the same solution as you have described above, more than once.

However, there is a slight problem. Over the years, the whitener/marker ink starts turning a bit yellow.
Except for this minor issue, this in a excellent way to cover up small scratches.
Old 18th September 2017, 14:22   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Guess what, I own a polo in exactly the same color as you had.
And I have applied exactly the same solution as you have described above, more than once.

However, there is a slight problem. Over the years, the whitener/marker ink starts turning a bit yellow.
Except for this minor issue, this in a excellent way to cover up small scratches.
Well in my case, the whitener used to be brighter than the cars original paint for around 4-5 days, but then after gathering some dirt and completing another wash it would exactly match the factory colour. I don't remember it turning yellowish & even if it does its an easy job to repeat in 2-3 years isnt it. Regular waxing and touch ups like this can keep the car young for many years. I used to wax her regularly and she did look almost as good as new when I sold it last year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks