Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 08:57   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
ahh thats really nice of you man, but you see there is a problem. As i may have mentioned elsewhere , thanks to the wretched supreme court of india cars from other states that (now, since april 2010) dont conform to euro 4(basically the current emission norms) cant be re-registered in delhi or ncr. so any car i buy from another state cant be transferred in my name, since i reside in delhi. this isnt the case in any part of india though also unlike most of india , the cops dont bug people if your car is registered in another state.

so if you know of a petrol car with a delhi license plate, do let me know.
you cant imagine how hard it is to find a conti up here in delhi. the few people left with contis dont wanna sell. since space is at a premium here people dont keep contis for a minute longer than necessary, unlike fiats ,ne118's, 800s etc. so the ubundant contis at the scrap dealer phase is also long over in delhi.

the situation is so grim that i have been looking for a conti regardless of the condition and even then no sucess. there arent even scrap contis up for grabs. i guess you get the sorry picture and now understand why we need a conti club urgently to save the remaining contis and to bring the sellers and those who want these cars together so that only people who buy contis are conti lovers not scrap wallas
=============================================

I understand man, it would have become a similar state here if not for the timely intervention by few guys and grabbed few fantastic cars and avoided going them to scrap dealers. Last year sept, there was auction of govt cars where there were around 14-15 contys for sale. Plenty of scrap dealers plunged in to take over, we guys knew about this and stepped in, my friend brought 3 cars(all in excellent condition) and i picked up 1. similarly few more enthus picked up leaving just 1 or 2 for scrap dealers.

were very happy for a moment untill we got to know that one guy from andhra who had brought over 5 contys(all below 2000 as we had taken away the best) selling it to scrap dealers as he wasnt aware of the tax part and re-registration prior to auctioning.

However, at present, there are 4 such cars running in excellant condition near my house.

Will check out for any DL registerd cars..
Old 14th April 2010, 18:09   #92
BHPian

[quote=Miyer;1837301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post

Thanks Sud!!! Will be of any help possible from my side. It’s a good idea to get some informal Conti owners group going. Can you prepare a database of the ones at least in Bangalore so that we can start meeting and extend help if needed to start with.
Cheers,
M Iyer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure mahesh, I will soon make one.
Old 14th April 2010, 18:15   #93
BHPian

[quote=mycarhasablower;1837123]ahh thats really nice of you man, but you see there is a problem. As i may have mentioned elsewhere , thanks to the wretched supreme court of india cars from other states that (now, since april 2010) dont conform to euro 4(basically the current emission norms) cant be re-registered in delhi or ncr. so any car i buy from another state cant be transferred in my name, since i reside in delhi. this isnt the case in any part of india though also unlike most of india , the cops dont bug people if your car is registered in another state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wait for my info about one for immediate sale in delhi, will get the specs and update you. Or ping this guy on facebook to findout yourself.. Anupam Upadhyay Adarsh
Old 21st April 2010, 20:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Wait for my info about one for immediate sale in delhi, will get the specs and update you. Or ping this guy on facebook to findout yourself.. Anupam Upadhyay Adarsh

I contacted the said person and he said that the car is located in goa. I saw pictures of it on Facebook. Its in great condition from what I see and the price seems reasonable too. I guess I shouldnt say more about someone elses car but just thought I'd let everyone know that its in goa (thats what I was told anyway.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

The lip effect.

Contessa Classic-cont2.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont3.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont4.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont5.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont6.jpg
Old 24th May 2010, 20:18   #96
BHPian

Looks dashing.. for the wheels you can go for steel chrome trims.. looks even better..
Old 25th May 2010, 09:41   #97
BHPian

Looks Smashing BadBoy!

So, how did you go around applying the lip-effect?

Was it painted or polished/chrome-plated?

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 25th May 2010, 16:53   #98
BHPian

Really beautiful car. A lot of people raise the car to prevent scrapping the underbody but i think that ruins the looks of the car. Your car seems to be at stock height and therefore is looking really pretty.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

the car will looks great

you could get xylo rims it looks even better
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-20032010001.jpg  

Contessa Classic-20032010.jpg  

Old 25th May 2010, 20:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Looks dashing.. for the wheels you can go for steel chrome trims.. looks even better..
Thanks, have been looking for those chrome trims for quite sometime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post

So, how did you go around applying the lip-effect?

Was it painted or polished/chrome-plated?
Thanks, previously, the wheels were full silver in color. I just had the inner disc painted matt black now.

Quote:
Really beautiful car.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
the car will looks great

you could get xylo rims it looks even better
Im gonna change to xylo spec alloys in future.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post

Im gonna change to xylo spec alloys in future.
tired it with all the xylo alloys(oem included) available in the market but the hub inter fears with the rim

so having the rim altered a Little is the only solution
Old 25th May 2010, 23:04   #102
BHPian

I hope when you change to alloys , you dont scrap the rims. Give it to someone who will put it on another conti ONLY! or save them for yourself , for when you might want to revert to the original look, because few years down the line only original contis will be respected. Thats what the whole restoration thing is about right? originality.
Old 26th May 2010, 10:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope when you change to alloys , you dont scrap the rims. Give it to someone who will put it on another conti ONLY! or save them for yourself , for when you might want to revert to the original look, because few years down the line only original contis will be respected. That what the whole restoration thing is about right? originality.
i had the same thought and i have kept original rims

anyways few day ago i when to check the availability of the rims and my spare part wala said new are still available for rs850 each
Old 31st May 2010, 15:03   #104
BHPian

badboyscad - Nice work. But I suppose you will go back to the original look sometime or the other.

Manikjeet & Others - What makes you change to the Xylo rims in the first place? I think the stock conti rims look better. I mean why bother changing from one set of steel rims to another? I'm pretty sure the original rims are better in terms of look and more importantly in terms of the mechanicals not being fouled with. Just a bit confused and curious.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:40   #105
BHPian

I've been looking for those chrome bumpers for my Contessa for ages. Just cant seem to find them. The look from the chrome bumpers is timeless. You're a lucky man

Most Viewed