Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 16:52   #181
BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

@Tejdeep,

There are two more mpfi`s waiting to give your conty some company.
One is brought by my friend at mangalore who will be shifting to bangy very soon.
One more is in mysore now, will be arriving to bangy probably in a week.
This is for your info..
Old 15th March 2011, 09:09   #182
BHPian

Sridhar`s conty is going for a overhaul, its stripped down currently.
It will have a new look, new styling and is ready to set a bench mark..
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-conty.jpg  

Last edited by Sudhindra : 15th March 2011 at 09:13. Reason: Photo had to be re- uploaded
Old 15th March 2011, 16:12   #183
BHPian

Good to know , Sudhindra ! For a while i thought i was the only 'lonely' MPFI conti owner!

well, it would be great to catch up with them and discuss some electronics, sensors, chips etc and have a look at the cars. Do post some pictures - am sure these cars would be in pretty good condition.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:51   #184
BHPian

Dear Sudhindra,
i am eager to see the conti WIP photos. pls post them, so members/owners can know whats the inside of a stripped contessa.
it might also be useful to others, when buying old cars - where to look for troublespots, what to check, like that...
best regards.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:51   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
I was using 205 55 15's, no scraping problems even in lock positions. I was only aware of the BMW rims but some else had pointed out that Skoda rims might fit but have not tried. However to achieve that had to completely custom build the suspension.
@ Psycho: is it possible to source these BMW steel rims in bangalore. I have been looking but couldn't find any !! would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction
Old 17th March 2011, 22:21   #186
BHPian

Spares ('?')

Dear Contiheads!!!
I'm getting my car restored & wonder if anyone can help me find the power window's switches. These switches are 6 pin switches & mostly all the cars presently use 5 pin switches. I require the complete set of 5 switches.

Contessa Classic-image00001.jpg

Also can one replace the current set of conventional headlight & tail lights with multi-reflectors?

Thnx!
Old 18th March 2011, 15:39   #187
BHPian

the switches should be available in Chandigarh. I remember my father telling me about the same at some shop in sector 27/28 car market when he had gone searching for conti shock absorbers. Might be worth a try.

I think some maybe available in the seconds/scrap market in 'burail'. I had seen some conti part there while searching for a RD cylinder kit, however that was last year. Still worth a try, and sector 35 is nearby , so you can 'maro gedi' post Burail !

Btw, are the back-light/LED inside these switches still working in your car?? Mine have fused , and i wonder if i can replace these by opening the switch. will update once i get around to trying it out.

Also, what is the different switch that the front right window has ?? You could try getting the same kind fitted in case you don't find the OEM conti switches.
Old 21st March 2011, 09:23   #188
BHPian

Btw, are the back-light/LED inside these switches still working in your car?? Mine have fused , and i wonder if i can replace these by opening the switch. will update once i get around to trying it out.

Also, what is the different switch that the front right window has ?? You could try getting the same kind fitted in case you don't find the OEM conti switches.[/quote]
There are 2 shops in 28 selling Contessa spares in Chandigarh-Verma Motors & Kohli Motors. They don't have these. Now that I own the car I'v become a regular visitor to Burail (lolz) & couldn't find them there either.
Yes the red LEDs inside work in 3 switches but are very dim. I too wonder if they can be replaced. The different switch for the front right window is a cheap replacement by the previous owner-have to get rid of it!
I'm going for the new rims this week & will update you on the procedure.
Old 21st March 2011, 12:42   #189
BHPian

Hi Atu2good,

My Contessa is also on the last phase of getting restored, and shall share the photos soon. Am expecting it to be complete with AC and all by two weeks. I have converted my manual windows to Power Windows. I have put in the complete kit.

Last edited by Stratos : 22nd March 2011 at 13:58. Reason: Please provide the contact details of the person selling this kit for everyones benefit. Thanks
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:03   #190
BHPian

dear abhijosh,

anyone can share any valid information on dealers, spares, accessories, etc.,. no harm in that. readers would also be happy to know indepth about the quality of the buying experience, price factor, availability, services offered etc.,. from such shops/institutions.

also you can post the address, contact nos. etc., for the benefit of other readers/contessa owners.

this thread is intended for all things related to contessa - so pls feel free.

Best Regards.
Old 23rd March 2011, 08:39   #191
BHPian

Hi all,

The said dealer is in Pune - National Trading Co. - Mr. Naik - 09422012498.
Old 23rd March 2011, 08:42   #192
BHPian

Hi Shekharan,

The dealer whom I am referring to is Mr. Naik - National Trading Co. - 09422012498.

By the way I just noticed that we share a similar garage - 1996 Contessa and a very recently purchased 1995 Mahindra MM 540 DP 4WD.

With Best Regards
Old 29th March 2011, 12:26   #193
BHPian

Peggy Jean is hurt :(

Once finished with the paint job, I had given my car for getting the seat covers & AC work done. I was supposed to collect it on last Friday evening but the guy calls me up & tells me that someone has wrecked my car.
All the window panes are broken, bonnet has been dented & scratched & the headlights smashed

We had a discussion with the shop owner & he took the responsibility of paying for the windowpanes. He seems like a nice guy so I did not file an FIR.
I waited for 3-4 days for him to begin the job, continuously following up with him, but now he has started dilly dallying and postponing the job saying he has other customers to attend to.

Since this is my 1st car & I don't have much experience in these matters, I'm looking for some guidance
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-image00001.jpg  

Contessa Classic-image00002.jpg  

Old 29th March 2011, 12:34   #194
Senior - BHPian

Ohhh,that is bad.
Miscreants deserve this
where in chandigarh did this happen?
I guess manikjeet can help you,he is an expert in handling such issues.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:43   #195
BHPian

Man !!!!

Really sorry and totally MAD to hear that !! I guess the car was parked out in the open by the garage owner - resulting in some worthless drifter letting out their twisted crap on the car !! I hate such people - one guy has written some initial all over my car. I feel bad man, feel like giving those rascals a good hiding.

Well, in the current scenario, since the owner was god enough to help out with the glasses:

1. if he has the window glass, ask him to fix those over, get the dent fixed from him by sitting one day there (saturday/sunday/ any day)

2. or ask him to pay for the appox. cost of repair if he dosen't have time, and get the car fixed elsewhere.

3. Claim it from insurance - am sure you have some cover considering you just got the car.

I don't think there are other things, without going legal, that you can do to get this resolved. However, as thing go in Chandigarh a little coaxing( go and sit on his head) or a gentle request( ask him to pay up and get it fixed else where) may work out.

Also, cheer up, these things happen & look at the bright side , you can get new window glasses that will be without the swirls and scratches on them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks