Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:41   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

Also, Are there no GOvt yards in AHmedabad/Gandhinagar where i can find a Contessa?
Old 11th May 2011, 20:09   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I recently spotted a Contessa with a HM logo I've not seen before. Alas there are no pics available, but the "H" and "M" were written in a sharpish font and red in colour. The "H" was above the "M". The vehicle had chrome bumpers, so I'm guessing it was the earlier model releases.

Was this a desi jugaad twist on the logo or an original ? Ive tried to spot the same on t-bhp pictures but haven't seen it yet. A google search on HM's history of Logo's hasnt brought up much even.

Edit: Just to avoid the confusion, the logo is different from what Miyer's car has even. This was longer in length and more rakish in font.
Sorry for quoting myself , but here's the logo i was talking about.
Contessa Classic-img00012201105100936.jpg
Contessa Classic-hm-logo.jpg

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 11th May 2011 at 20:11.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:43   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ this logo looks way more cooler than the later and present logo thingys.
Almost devilish and kinda batmanlike, this suits the Conti perfectly.
Old 24th May 2011, 17:41   #229
BHPian

Hi Friends!!!
Finally my Contessa arrived (actually got it one week ago, but because of work pressure could not post the photos) after going under the surgical hand. Completely revived. Had it scrapped to the metal, burning all the putty fillings, and covering the rusted parts with new metal sheets. Here it is back to job and has already covered more than 1000 kms. after coming back last week.
All your suggestions are welcome to make it even more attractive. This one is with me since last 9 years. Originally was maroon in colour, then painted white, and now is metallic black from the Mercedes shelf. All your suggestions are welcome to make it look even more attractive.

With Best Regards,
Abhijeet.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-contessa2.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 17:54   #230
BHPian

Dear Abhi,

Only one word comes to mind - BEAUTIFUL !!

Brilliant looking Conti. love it. Please post the details like which make, model, engine type and of work done on in eg: engine work, interiors, and appox. how much you spent - time and money to restore it completely. I am sure it will be a very informatively read. I feel this is perfect and you done need to do anything on it.

You have a great ride !! share some more pics, especially the interior as it looks like you have got it done in light colored leather.

Cheers!
Old 24th May 2011, 17:59   #231
BHPian

looks stunning in black, what about interior snaps & give a travelogue
Old 24th May 2011, 18:51   #232
BHPian

Tej and RJ555, Thanks for your complements.
No the interiors are not leather. They are made up in fabric with biege and black combination. Shall surely put up the interior pics. Will give a detailed brief of all the things that I have done in this car when I get some time to breathe.
So far as your questions go tej, please find below:
This is a 1996 model with Diesel engine which has clocked more than 4L kms. now with me itself..(trust my word for this-I donot need to tell anybody who has used this engine that this is a bullet prrof engine). The engine has been worked upon twice with change in valves and piston and cylinder liners till date. It was once done in 2004, and then in 2009. I use it extensively.
After the renovation job was done, there were some niggling issues with the wiring which got sorted out in first week.
The time spent was about 9 months. Put it to job in August 2010 and got it in May 2011. But this is because I believe that I was able to visit the garage only on weekends (read saturday because the garage was closed on sunday), and that was the only time that the person used to work on the car. But when he did work, he gave the best of his skills. So no complaints. Alls well that ends well. Spent about 1.1L overall. I even installed power windows to this one. They are just perfect. The above price includes everything that has been done.
Shall definitely put up a detailed story in a few days.
Thanks again for your encouragement.
With best regards,
Abhijeet.
Old 25th May 2011, 00:07   #233
BHPian

Dear Abhigosh,
an awesome looking conti - you have - my best wishes for maintaining it as original as it came out of the HM factory.
your attention to detail is awesome, and i envy you, really.pls post all works done by you, and take your time to list out, but surely write pls. it would help other owners know the intricate things needed in a restoration like these...
where did you get the wheel caps, and if you can find another set, am eager to have one such...
black makes the conti really looking like a beast...awesome...no other words coming out of my mind, seeing the pic...pls post more pics of interiors and underbonnet etc.,.
get a pair of chrome mirrors on both front doors, it would make your car a complete contessa.

best regards.

Last edited by shekaran : 25th May 2011 at 00:12. Reason: spell check
Old 26th May 2011, 13:43   #234

I agree with Tej. BEAUTIFUL it is.
Take good care of her.
Update from my end.
I got transferred to Nashik, Maharashtra and finally after a long wait of 8 months i was able to lay my hands on my conti again which was transported to me from delhi. Will upload the pics soon though it is in a bad shape according to me.
I drove it down from Mumbai to Nashik and guess what, as soon as i hit the highway the bloody rear part of the silencer broke. damn. somehow got hold of a mechanic on a sunday afternoon. got it welded and off on the highway again. reached nashik safely without any more trouble.

Now a couple of queries. There was some starting trouble with the conti, when the mechanic checked it, he said that the ignition has to be changed which means changing the key system. There is no problem in the starter according to him. Is it true, or is my mechanic taking me for a ride. I just got hold of this mechanic in nasik. One more query. Does anyone know any mechanic in nashik who can work on the conti? Another trouble is the spare parts. Any one who knows where i can get my hands on spares for the conti in nashik.

Will upload pictures soon.

Cya All.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:16   #235
BHPian

@Pirate:

For spares contact Rohit Naik at pune on 9423040438.
About the key system, it could be right. even my friend conty has same issue..
its available with Rohit, costs 650 bucks..

Regards,
Sudhindra
Old 26th May 2011, 19:51   #236
BHPian

@abhijosh

That's a really stunning beauty that you have got. I really envy you

Hats off to people like you who are keeping this age old beauty in prime condition and with all its glory
Old 26th May 2011, 20:49   #237
BHPian

One more Contessa meets the hammer and chisel. This one came in yesterday night and by now it is on its way to be fresh metal to make sheets for other cars perhaps.When will this price of metal get mukti and return to the earth.

A few lines come to my mind from Adi Sankaracharya’s Bhaja Govindam:

punarapi jananam punarapi maranam punarapi jananii jathare shayanam iha samsaare bahudustaare kripayaa apaare paahi muraare
Born again, death again, birth again to stay in the mother's womb! It is indeed hard to cross this boundless ocean of samsara. Oh Murari! (Krishna - destroyer of Mura) Redeem me through Thy mercy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Conti-1 more down.pdf (136.2 KB, 685 views)
Old 26th May 2011, 23:21   #238
BHPian

Miyer, get me those 2 tail light assemblies, the full dashboard, the centre console etc.,.
would appreciate your help very much in this...
best regards.
Old 27th May 2011, 09:46   #239
BHPian

@Miyer: That came on monday, sridhar told me. He asked for few things, they were quoting way beyond imagination. Bumpers were quoted at 6k.
Will walk through this weekend and check out myself.
Old 27th May 2011, 10:09   #240
BHPian

My conty pics, 6 months of parking at home,financial crunch, was not been able to take care of this beauty. Finally, took it out, installed new battery and its now ready to roll again.
@Miyer; fixed HINDUSTAN logo finally..
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-img00043201105221318.jpg  

Contessa Classic-my-conti.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp my conti.bmp (859.3 KB, 671 views)

Last edited by Sudhindra : 27th May 2011 at 10:11. Reason: Photo had to be re- uploaded

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks