Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 18:06   #346
BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

Ah what a beauty Amritg.

If I were you, I'd lose the head and the decals but that's a matter of opinion. What's important is that you like the way it looks. What plans do you have for her?
Old 5th October 2012, 19:48   #347
BHPian

Quote:
That's what happened with the traffic today. Cars moved aside. People gawked. One of the mechanics swore Amitabh Bachchan drove a Conty. 'Item gaadi hai, boss' was what he added.
Contys are rarely found on Hyderabad roads these days and the stare you get when they see one is unexplainable. Some how the garage guys seem to love it a lot. The first thing they do is to knock on it and say "Very safe gaddi". Uncles still wonder how that car is still running and will open up a can of memories at the drop of a hat.

You have made a good decision buying sekhars conty. Its a very special car and was lovingly taken care of. Hope you got all the extra spares along with the car too. Take care of her well and be extra careful when you park her outside. Get used to the stares and appreciations you get all along.

Oh BTW, Please get rid of that hanging exhaust pipe if it isn't already.

Regards,
Krishna.

Last edited by kittigadu : 5th October 2012 at 20:00. Reason: added a line
kittigadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 20:43   #348

guys please dont mind me. i am drooling all over and will wipe myself soon. this is the reason i joined this family. these cars look so awesome that i cant stop looking. i would call these treasures and my brothers who have lovingly put them together as Jack Sparrows. you guys are my heroes.
i just cant get enough
Old 6th October 2012, 20:25   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post

You have made a good decision buying sekhars conty. Its a very special car and was lovingly taken care of. Hope you got all the extra spares along with the car too. Take care of her well and be extra careful when you park her outside. Get used to the stares and appreciations you get all along.

Thanks Krishna.

Am used to stares and appreciation, I have a 1959 Amby that is very much my one true love. I am now glad that the Amby has an able companion!

The Conty will never be parked outside. Like my Amby, she will reside in my office basement, will always have a roof over her head and will have a security guard watching over. One can see the love and care that KS put into the Conty and yes, not only have I got a fine example of a well maintained car, I did get a whole lot of spares as well.

The tailpipe will go soon Have not had the time since I got the car to sit on it. Will be sending it off to the garage maybe next week to get some small niggles sorted and after that I foresee many hours of pleasurable driving.
Old 6th October 2012, 21:14   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
Ah what a beauty Amritg.

If I were you, I'd lose the head and the decals but that's a matter of opinion. What's important is that you like the way it looks. What plans do you have for her?
Well for now nothing because she's running fine, but I am saving up cash and stocking up on spares so that I can restore her to factory condition (I like it completely stock), I want to do a proper job so wont be starting the process until I have all the required parts and enough money for the restoration. Yours is an 88 too right? I too looked at your car when it was in classifieds and knowing a conty lover had recently restored it would mean it is in perfect condition but had to forget about it cos of my budget and the fact that the car was not Karnataka registered the road taxes now days are very high.
Old 7th October 2012, 00:52   #351
Senior - BHPian

@ G_AmbyMad: Congrats.. This was by far THE BEST conti in pondicherry. Hope it will be the same in Hyderabad.
badboyscad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 19:39   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amritg View Post
2000-2002 It was phased out in 2002 at the end of production, there were three versions of this car; 1.8GLX (Isuzu petrol 75bhp), 2.0DLX (Isuzu diesel) and 2.0T (Isuzu turbo diesel), MPFI and a rear spoiler were the updates during this time.
As far as I know, the 1.8GLX had MPFI, power windows, power steering, central locking & the slumberete co-driver front seat.
And didn't the MPFI produce 84bhp?
Old 11th October 2012, 22:20   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
As far as I know, the 1.8GLX had MPFI, power windows, power steering, central locking & the slumberete co-driver front seat.
And didn't the MPFI produce 84bhp?
I was mentioning only about the 'design' of the Contessa (cosmetic changes exterior) but yes the 1.8GLX had MPFI, power windows, power steering, central locking, it was pretty much fit with all the luxuries of its time. Some claim the mpfi delivers 85 but their official website (HMs few years back had specs of the conty,now removed) and wiki still has it as 75 and the service centre mechanic also told me it was 75, I met few owners with mpfi contys but sadly their RCs didn't have the mention of the Bhp. If anyone has a screen shot of their website with the conty specifications please do post.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:19   #354
BHPian

Hello friends,

I am trying to procure Clutch and Pressure plates, power steering hose for my 2.0 Ltr Diesel Conti. Can any of the Gurus suggest me the availability and the approximate cost, please.

Warm Regards,

Sudhir.

Last edited by Rattler : 16th October 2012 at 16:21. Reason: I just remembered one more item which I need badly. Thanks.
Old 19th October 2012, 18:28   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Hello friends,

I am trying to procure Clutch and Pressure plates, power steering hose for my 2.0 Ltr Diesel Conti. Can any of the Gurus suggest me the availability and the approximate cost, please.

Warm Regards,

Sudhir.
I thought il just put down some known dealers that are still selling contessa parts and most working components (engine,gearbox etc) are still available easily since they are the same for ambassadors, only the cosmetic parts are hard to find and very expensive.

The famous ones:
Bangalore:Nitin Automobiles,Diamond Automobiles,SAM Motors(Sijo),Best Automobiles.
Coimbatore:Alagendra Auto Spares, Dhanam autoparts,Stanes Motors,Aditya Auto Store.
Pune:National trading company(New Maharashtra Trading Co).
Mumbai: Mars India Automobile,Allied Auto Agencies.
Amritg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 22:21   #356
BHPian

Hi Amrit,

Thank you so much for the valuable information.

Regards,

Sudhir.
Old 21st October 2012, 08:53   #357
Senior - BHPian

i recently changed the clutch for my conti its 2.4l turbo it costed around 6k for set
Old 10th November 2012, 21:42   #358
BHPian

Hi all,

I couldn't resist but, to post the following photos of my Conti. Isn't she a beauty?

Regards,

Sudhir.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-dscn0076.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0082.jpg  

Rattler is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 23:28   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

A Contessa news clipping from 1996. This was perhaps the last avatar in which this car was available.

Contessa Classic-copy-picture-481.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 08:29   #360
BHPian

Love the alloys Sudhir.

Can you share some more information on them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks