Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 14:48   #271
BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Please open the fuel pump prime it with petrol from a bottle and run it with the inlet and outlet to the same can.You can see it in the front of the tank to the right. Since you are on gas the pump has been running dry perhaps. Also check the fuel filter clamped to the body and tucked right above the differential on the body. Remove and clean by reverse flow or replace.
If you find the petrol flow from the pump intermittent and weak or none,the pump has failed.
Miyer, thank you for the tip, i'll be attending to what you suggested on the car, will keep you updated on what exactly is the culprit. if you dont mind can you pm me your contact number? i wish to get in touch with you for some advice, spares and want to drive down from Goa to your place, presumably in Mangalore? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Came across this "Wanna-Be-Mustang" over OLX, car in Bangalore, Karnataka.

was wondering what alloys are these on the Contessa, are they exact fit? i.e. 120.65 PCD? I just ordered 120 PCD alloy wheels for my contessa which are actually meant for the Mahindra XYLO, can somebody advice me if thats a straight-on fit with correct bore size and PCD? As the dealer said that its not exactly the same as the Contessa's 120.65 PCD. I took the risk and placed the order already due to its limited availability.

Source: OLX - Contessa Modded to Mustang looks
Old 24th July 2011, 15:11   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Came across this "Wanna-Be-Mustang" over OLX, car in Bangalore, Karnataka.

Source: OLX - Contessa Modded to Mustang looks
was wondering what alloys are these on the Contessa, are they exact fit? i.e. 120.65 PCD? I just ordered 120 PCD alloy wheels for my contessa which are actually meant for the Mahindra XYLO, can somebody advice me if thats a straight-on fit with correct bore size and PCD? As the dealer said that its not exactly the same as the Contessa's 120.65 PCD. I took the risk and placed the order already due to its limited availability.

MODs, please feel free to delete this post if you find it as a repeat, i didnt type the message right in the appropriate location.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:52   #273
BHPian

Heard there was a Contessa Club meet at Thrissur-Kerala, last weekend.Any details anyone? Also heard that were about 8-10 cars and it even came on the local news channel!
Old 25th July 2011, 13:08   #274
BHPian

Dear MM,

Sanjeev Kanjoor was down from the Middle East on vacation and wanted to take out both his Contessa's for a spin. A few others joined in on a lazy Sunday and after a few twists and turns found themselves in the middle of the town. Sanjeev said and I quote " as soon as we got into the town we saw some press guys land and taking pics and asking us questions, by then some other local news channels and papers got to know of the cars parked and rushed to spot to find out more". The team told them about CCI as a club and the mission and vision also the social initiatives we are aligned to.

So what started off as a small run around the town with a few cars just got cough up in media glare and was not an official CII event. I post this clarification on behalf of all the speculations and questions.

CCI meets will be country wide (local chapters) and announcements will be made well in advance. Thanks again for the understanding.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:52   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Dear MM,

Sanjeev Kanjoor was down from the Middle East on vacation and wanted to take out both his Contessa's for a spin. A few others joined in on a lazy Sunday and after a few twists and turns found themselves in the middle of the town. Sanjeev said and I quote " as soon as we got into the town we saw some press guys land and taking pics and asking us questions, by then some other local news channels and papers got to know of the cars parked and rushed to spot to find out more". The team told them about CCI as a club and the mission and vision also the social initiatives we are aligned to.

So what started off as a small run around the town with a few cars just got cough up in media glare and was not an official CII event. I post this clarification on behalf of all the speculations and questions.

CCI meets will be country wide (local chapters) and announcements will be made well in advance. Thanks again for the understanding.
As Written by Miyer, I would like to clarify that the event was not a planned and organized meet but, just an initiative from some of the conty owners in trichur to meet and see each other. It was just an informal meet which took a dramatic turn upon the arrival of media persons.Upon inquiry by the media, we considered it as a chance for boosting the morale of the club and had disclosed more about CCI and its activities.

All the Photographs from the event will be forwarded to the CCI club Authorities for scrutiny and we welcome any decision from them about posting those in any of the CCI or any other related sites.

Once again, I would like to stick to miyer's statement that all the official meeting under the name of CCI will be centralized and initiated by the CCI Club authorities and that everything will be well organized
Old 29th July 2011, 17:17   #276
BHPian

Its no big deal guys... Anyway thanks for clarifying Sanjeev.I hope you can put up the pics here.This incident once again proves how much attention the Contessa draws from the people still !
Old 30th July 2011, 20:21   #277
BHPian

what were the specs of the diesel(turbo version) contessa's?

Last edited by fireblade007 : 30th July 2011 at 20:27.
Old 6th September 2011, 17:01   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijosh View Post
Guys,
Just a quick update. Bought Isuzu 4FC1 yesterday, put it in my jeep (ise kehte hai gadi (jeep) ki vasuli), and has already reached the mech's place.
Moreover there is a used power steering kit priced at 6K. The kit includes the rack, pump, reservoir and the tubing. Shall I go for the same? Will keep you updated as and when I crank the car now. Cant wait for it any more.

With Best Regards,
Abhijeet.
Hi Abhijeet,

how did you figure out if the engine was good or bad?

any tips for the Power Steering?

Regards
Aries
Old 7th September 2011, 19:00   #279
BHPian

Dear Contessa Owners,

quick help needed - do you know of a good Contessa Mechanic in Hyderabad. I have a 22 year old contessa & need to get powersteering, change from petrol to diesel engine and some minor electrical work done.

Please do let me know the Mechanic's contact numbers

thank you

Aries
Old 20th September 2011, 18:50   #280
BHPian

I intend to raise the suspension on my ride.please suggest on how to do it in manner which is safe and easy to remove if not satisfied.I'm thinking of 1" spacers but would have to fabricate them in order to get a snug fit also not sure on the safety bit.I'm not sure if any other modern car's springs can be used in the conti- any suggestions?
I actually like the low stance but with 4 persons the ride height gets dangerously low and had many unpleasant incidents with speed breakers,potholes, curbs etc... eg- Silencer pipe took a hit and cracked recently. So raising or stiffening seems the only options before me :(
Old 20th September 2011, 18:54   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
I intend to raise the suspension on my ride
This will make the handling bad, you will have a lot of body roll, spacers/ stiffer springs is the way to go however getting a stiffer spring will be better than putting a spacer, let me see if any other car's springs will do the job for you.

Pramod
Old 20th September 2011, 19:04   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This will make the handling bad, you will have a lot of body roll
I thought about it and bigger alloys/rims [used BMW ones] seem to be a good alternative, but they are rare and not to mention costly! so i thought of experimenting with spacers since they are removable.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:31   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought about it and bigger alloys/rims [used BMW ones] seem to be a good alternative, but they are rare and not to mention costly! so i thought of experimenting with spacers since they are removable.

Bigger rims will not do much, then the rims will rub against the fendor linings, you can try xylo rims i guess its of the same PCD, or else PM foby he just bought a set for his conty, the only way to go is to use stiffer springs, spacers is the cheapest way but get the metal ones fabricated as the rubber ones will give away soon. also get a strut brace made for the fron and the rear this should compensate the body roll issue.

Pramod
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:53   #284
BHPian

Quote:
I made a new set of 16" rims for my conti in Coimbatore recently. It's not that costly!
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:45   #285
BHPian

How did u make a new " set " of rims?? Any details will be greatly helpful..Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks