Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2012, 02:08   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Been too long since your last update bro.

What's been happeneing with the 'lifestyle choice?' ;-)
I was planning on turbocharging the Honda engine with forged internals. However, no drags happening lately, so it would be a daily driver. Which would make it pointless to go beyond 250-260 whp.

The plan now is to prepare the car for the Indian Touring Cars championship for 2013, better known as the Super Saloons class. For 6 months a year, the car will be an all out racecar, completely stripped and with the standard OHC VTEC engine with super high compression (14.5+:1). I will be the team owner, technical head and driver lol. For the rest of the year, I will probably run a B18 or a K20 engine since the original engine will be too peaky and way too precious to be used as a daily driver. Since I'm going for an engine swap for a DD, no point using the same Honda 1.5L engine; might as well upgrade to something which will be equally powerful in stock form and has more parts choices.

Cannot reveal anything about the race engine in public; can tell you the rest via FB. Will end up making a thread on the B18/K20 swap when I get to it.

Last edited by pranavt : 7th July 2012 at 02:12.
pranavt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 01:21   #227
BHPian

hold on - youre saying a k20 can be swapped into the city? i cant send you a pm yet but i've been looking around for an engine and cant tell what would be best, price and performance wise (b15, b16, d16, b18, k20), and then i dont know which tuner to go to around me, i dont know if i need one just for the swap if only mounts need to be dealt with.. but then where do i source the engine from? once i get more money to work with modding the swap i could decide the tuner
Old 13th August 2012, 16:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

A K20 can be swapped into an autorickshaw for the right amount of money. Whether it is feasible or not is the question.

The B swaps are quite popular in India, so any tuner you go to should be able to do them, or atleast refer you to someone who has done them before.

I am not aware if anyone has done a K20/K24 swap in India or not. For starters, the engine rotation on the K series engines is the other way compared to the D or B series engines. So that will have to be factored in; with the engine sitting on the drivers side and the transmission on the passenger side. Further, a lot of work will need to be done on the electricals, transmission, suspension, driveshafts, etc. It is not a 1 week job, and neither is it something that has been shared before or even done before. So it would take a few months to iron out everything; and that is after I manage to get the car running in the first place.

Sourcing an engine is no big deal. Getting it to work reliably is the magic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks