Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 14:45   #106
Senior - BHPian

Another update finally. My ignition coil had gone kaput for no reason, so the car had been off the roads for the last month or so. Add to that, studies and a new job, so had no time left to run around for a new ignition coil. Finally bought a brand new Accel #11076 ignition coil (http://www.accel-ignition.com/Produc...xtSearch=11076), which is supposed to be 10-20% more powerful than a stock one. Don't care about that frankly, but got it far cheaper than what I was getting the stock coil for, here in Mumbai itself. Got delivered the day before yesterday, and finally assembled my dizzy and put it in today.

Hope this was the last ghost since everything seems perfect now. AFRs have to be tuned, but apart from that, the brake-booster has enough vacuum, the idling is rock-steady at ~900 RPM, even without my standalone or IACV and the response is amazing, as usual. Hope to have more updates in the coming days and weeks with some nice things to show off
Old 1st February 2010, 15:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Another update finally. My ignition coil had gone kaput for no reason, so the car had been off the roads for the last month or so. Add to that, studies and a new job, so had no time left to run around for a new ignition coil. Finally bought a brand new Accel #11076 ignition coil (ACCEL Ignition :: Product Details), which is supposed to be 10-20% more powerful than a stock one. Don't care about that frankly, but got it far cheaper than what I was getting the stock coil for, here in Mumbai itself. Got delivered the day before yesterday, and finally assembled my dizzy and put it in today.

Hope this was the last ghost since everything seems perfect now. AFRs have to be tuned, but apart from that, the brake-booster has enough vacuum, the idling is rock-steady at ~900 RPM, even without my standalone or IACV and the response is amazing, as usual. Hope to have more updates in the coming days and weeks with some nice things to show off

Hey pranav thats good newz...waiting to see the show off numbers.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:58   #108
BHPian

Good going brother, it's about time this monster was put to some serious tests and make it burn rubber!

We'll chat more later.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:41   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Good going brother, it's about time this monster was put to some serious tests and make it burn rubber!

We'll chat more later.
Thank you. Add the job "responsibilities" and you suddenly stop missing your own car that much less . As for rubber, need some nice Yokohama Advan Neovas, these Goodyear tyres have been on for too long now. Cannot decide between a paintjob or new set of tyres.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:57   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Cannot decide between a paintjob or new set of tyres.
Tyres all the way when do i get to test drive?
Old 1st February 2010, 21:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Tyres all the way when do i get to test drive?
Soon, when we actually meet for the first time
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:03   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Add the job "responsibilities" and you suddenly stop missing your own car that much less

Cannot decide between a paintjob or new set of tyres.

Haha, yea the job responsibilities are a pain for most, but a pleasure for some

Get the tyres, paint job is still holding up OK right now and you can delay it a bit more. But are you sure you need the Advan Neovas only? Are you justifying the cost?
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:33   #113
Senior - BHPian

Tyres are a one-time investment for the next 2-3 years. And the next set of plans will require better rubber
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. And the next set of plans will require better rubber
OMG...come on give us a clue on that will ya??
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eibach springs had been chosen and the same were to be procured from Four Seasons in Tardeo, Mumbai. I had earlier contacted Methods, Bangalore and a Ramesh Kumar had given me a Mr. Reza's (Four Seasons) number and told me to call him for the springs. I called him in the evening and he told me he was out of town. I got a Lalit's number from him and was assured that he'd take care of my springs business. Called this Lalit a few minutes later. He told me that he was currently out and couldn't check if they had the springs in stock or not. He told me he'd call me the next morning about them.

With no call the next day, I called him in the evening, only to be told that he'd call me back in a few minutes, then being ignored and my calls not picked up. Didn't think much about it then. The next day, I called Lalit and he told me that Reza would take care of this once he was in town in a couple of days.

All this time, the rest of the work on the car was done and the stiffened shocks were lying, ready to be put on the car. With parking space a scarcity in South Mumbai, it was decided that I'd pick up my car and get it back when I had the springs with me. The stiffened shocks were left at the garage.

Reza then came back and told me that I had to wait for a couple of days since they didn't have the springs in stock and he'd have to order them from Methods. Was promised that the springs would be with me on the 22nd. On the day, I learned that the truck carrying the springs was supposedly stopped at the Karnataka border due to missing/problematic paperwork. The next date given to me was the 25th. Called Reza. And surprise! He didn't pick up my calls. 10 of them. Sent stinking emails to Eibach Germany and Ramesh at Methods. Within a few hours, got a call from Reza saying that he had been in a bike accident and couldn't fetch the springs. He'd be sending the springs the next day.

Next day, same issue. He was at a doctor's clinic/hospital and a woman picked up his phone. Frustrated beyond belief, I sent another email to Ramesh. He then replied back saying that the springs would be delivered on the 26th. Then got an SMS from Reza asking for my address. Finally got them on the 26th at 4pm. The order was placed on 14th of June. The springs were air-freighted to Mumbai. This, after being told that they were stuck at Karnataka en-route to Mumbai on a truck...
Hi Pranav,

This is a bit off topic but I must say that you were very lucky to have not only waited for almost a month but also received your goods. Unfortunately for me, I had a very disgusting experience with Four Seasons, Tardeo when i wanted my OZ rims. I had met with an accedent and damaged one of my rims & so went to Four Seasons & spoke to Reza & Lalit for the same. After paying a 100% advance of around 8k and was promised the rim in 15 days latest, they started making me run from pillar to post - Lalit (Pillar) to Reza (Post)!!! I even went to the extent of telling them to get me all four rims instead of one, thinking that me asking for just one rim may not be worth so much of trouble. But their typical disgusting behaviour of not taking calls & giving silly excuses when answered continued. Shocking part is that on writing to OZ, Italy of this behaviour from their so-called authorised dealer, I was told that Four Seasons was not the authorised dealer anymore!!!!

After several calls, I was told by Lalit that they were having logistical issues with OZ, Italy which was really not my problem as I had paid a 100% advance but not got the rim for 2 months now. After another hundred unanswered calls which had now run to three months, I finally told them that if it was not possible to get the rim, to return my advance as I would have to look somewhere else to which Lalit had the cheek to tell me that I was a fussy customer & he didnt think it was advisable to do business with such a customer and told me that he would return the advance through cheque which would be curiered to me and that I would receive it in 2 days. Ofcourse, it took another 15 days for the cheque to reach my place and that too after another 100 calls out of which 99% of them were not answered.

So I actually let 8k lie idle with some unprofessional dealer selling an absolutely A Grade product like OZ Racing rims when I could have put it in a bank & got a some interest!! On top of that was made to wait for 3 months which I didnt recieve and on top of it all called a fussy customer!! Does anyone know as to where I can purchase OZ Rims officially other than Four Seasons??
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
OMG...come on give us a clue on that will ya??
Oh, haven't really decided anything yet, just throwing around a few things in my mind. Won't be minor bolt-on crap though, that's for sure.

Epic: The forum's full of Four Seasons complaints. Getting them imported yourself won't be so difficult, I think.

Last edited by pranavt : 2nd February 2010 at 21:05.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Epic: The forum's full of Four Seasons complaints. Getting them imported yourself won't be so difficult, I think.
Hi Pranav,

Well, I had purchased my OZs online from Preformance Alloys & eventhough I paid 100 Pound Sterling per rim for 5 rims which is around INR 40000/- total, I still had to pay for customs clearance and the whole procedure was quiet time consuming and a headache so prefer to source it from India if possible.
Old 8th February 2010, 04:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Pranav,

Well, I had purchased my OZs online from Preformance Alloys & eventhough I paid 100 Pound Sterling per rim for 5 rims which is around INR 40000/- total, I still had to pay for customs clearance and the whole procedure was quiet time consuming and a headache so prefer to source it from India if possible.
There's an official dealer of Oz in Chennai IIRC. Offtopic though. Try here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-imported.html
Old 18th February 2010, 18:14   #119

Hi Pranav, Any further update on the ITB's? Would like to hear if the car is back on road and how is it performing with ITB's?
Old 19th February 2010, 00:53   #120
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, the car's working great with the ITBs. In the process of cutting the hood and directing some cold air to the ITBs. New pics and hopefully some videos will be up in a few days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks