Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 09:22   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Mileage?

ITBs = Individual Throttle Bodies. One throttle body per cylinder (42mm per TB in my case) as opposed to one throttle body for all the cylinders, (54mm stock in OHC VTEC I think). Pretty much the peak in Natural Aspiration when combined with the right cams and high compression ported heads.

Throttle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This article should be a start. Search for ITBs on Google Pics for more pics. (individual throttle bodies - Google Search)

Hey thanks for the links, i too did a lot of reading yesterday. But again, millage? My car is already a thirsty car and i dont want to increase the thirst by a huge value.

Pramod
Old 24th June 2010, 16:18   #182
Senior - BHPian

Should be in the region of 6-8 kmpl I assume. Haven't ever done an FE test apart from when I bought the car.
Old 24th June 2010, 18:53   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should be in the region of 6-8 kmpl I assume. Haven't ever done an FE test apart from when I bought the car.
If my car gives that kind of millage i will have to start living in the car, But one question thought how different is ITB from Larger injectors + FPR ? google bhai told me that ITBs are most commonly done on hondas any reasons?

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 24th June 2010 at 18:55.
Old 24th June 2010, 20:51   #184
Senior - BHPian

Just dumping a lot of fuel into the cylinders is not going to make power. You need cold high-velocity air along with a proportional amount of fuel to make more power which is where the ITBs come into the picture. The provide an uninterrupted and uniform flow of air to each cylinder instead of the pulses of air that are provided in a conventional intake manifold with one throttle body. They also cut down the throttle response times to the point where you would feel that your brain is directly wired to the engine.

No idea why DIY ITBs are most commonly done on Hondas, though usually all racecars, supercars and most sports-cars come with ITBs from the factory.
Old 24th June 2010, 21:01   #185
Senior - BHPian

The E92 BMW M3 runs ITBs in the V8, right?
Old 24th June 2010, 23:35   #186
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, all BMW M3s run ITBs. Apologies if I'm mistaken though.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:05   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just dumping a lot of fuel into the cylinders is not going to make power. You need cold high-velocity air along with a proportional amount of fuel to make more power which is where the ITBs come into the picture. The provide an uninterrupted and uniform flow of air to each cylinder instead of the pulses of air that are provided in a conventional intake manifold with one throttle body. They also cut down the throttle response times to the point where you would feel that your brain is directly wired to the engine.

No idea why DIY ITBs are most commonly done on Hondas, though usually all racecars, supercars and most sports-cars come with ITBs from the factory.

Thanks for the detailed reply, the concept is clearer now.

Pramod
Old 25th June 2010, 21:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the diameter of the rod journal of the stock OHC VTEC crank?
Old 25th June 2010, 22:15   #189

Not off the top of my head...
Old 27th June 2010, 08:49   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know the diameter of the rod journal of the stock OHC VTEC crank?
I know its a Suzi site, but theres some honda crank specs on the first post. Have a look.

TeamSwift • View topic - G series specs database - put in your info here
Old 27th June 2010, 11:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, this seems incredibly helpful if I ever want to steal some parts from the Suzuki camp like the Vitara pistons. The OHC engine is such a crapshoot of mixing and matching that I have learnt not to assume that a D15B2 block will have the corresponding D15B2 crank. Will still need to open up this Indian engine and see what's up. Will do it from the underside while it's still mounted.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:13   #192
Senior - BHPian

Alright all the best .. Glad i could help
Old 14th July 2010, 23:54   #193
Senior - BHPian

I guess it was time to reassemble the head and make the car ready for the meet on Saturday. Had neglected the complete rocker assembly until now because there didn't seem to be a need to do anything to it. But going by the amount of puppy hair found on and inside it, I now believe that given the right conditions, a puppy's shedded hair can reach the end of the universe before any space vehicle can dream of. Nothing that would take more than 35-40 minutes to clean up, so got to it after reaching home today. Here is the final outcome.

All you guys jumping up and down about this fancy VTEC technology, here is the heart of it.

My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-img_6332.jpg

My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-img_6327.jpg

My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-img_6328.jpg

Everything will be lubed up and put together by tomorrow. If anyone wishes to see close-up pics of anything, just let me know by tomorrow morning.

Should have the bathroom-counter head rebuild photos within the next 2 days along with a hilarious experience that I went through today
Old 25th July 2010, 18:51   #194
BHPian

Brilliant thread Pranav. I just love the way you have involved yourself in the build of your car like other few. Especially for learners like me such threads are of great value.

Cant wait to see the ITB's + FI setup & expect every new addition to be updated with details like before.Not everyone does it.

Even if you don't get replies to your updates dont feel people ain't interested. Some like me just don't know what to say & are waiting to see whats next.
Old 25th July 2010, 20:27   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Brilliant thread Pranav. I just love the way you have involved yourself in the build of your car like other few. Especially for learners like me such threads are of great value.

Cant wait to see the ITB's + FI setup & expect every new addition to be updated with details like before.Not everyone does it.

Even if you don't get replies to your updates dont feel people ain't interested. Some like me just don't know what to say & are waiting to see whats next.
Thank you for the kind words. Being open is the only way to show that everyone can do what I am doing . All you need is an open mind and the desire to learn.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks