Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 11:05   #301
Senior - BHPian

The waxpol ultra glo is good for painted surfaces. It does have mild abrasiveness in it so once its applied on the surface let it dry for 5min. then using a microfibre cloth or even old towel can do, remove it in circular motion. The surface will sparkle when whole polish is buffed out. DO note not to remove any liquid substance from the polished surface when its wet. Dry water marks are easy to remove.
@ blackasta this polish doesn't gels with any wax polish over it. The surface tends to loose the shine which is achieved with ultra glo if any solid or liquid wax is applied over it. I have tried on numerous surfaces so its just my opinion. One can try using wax over it.

Have a look at the surface of the Refrigerator on which i used the ultra glo. Its 20yr old model. Pic is crap because of the 2mp mobile phone cam
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-image0229.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 4th May 2010 at 11:06.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:09   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
The waxpol ultra glo is good for painted surfaces. It does have mild abrasiveness in it so once its applied on the surface let it dry for 5min. then using a microfibre cloth or even old towel can do, remove it in circular motion. The surface will sparkle when whole polish is buffed out. DO note not to remove any liquid substance from the polished surface when its wet. Dry water marks are easy to remove.
@ blackasta this polish doesn't gels with any wax polish over it. The surface tends to loose the shine which is achieved with ultra glo if any solid or liquid wax is applied over it. I have tried on numerous surfaces so its just my opinion. One can try using wax over it.

Have a look at the surface of the Refrigerator on which i used the ultra glo. Its 20yr old model. Pic is crap because of the 2mp mobile phone cam
Hmm maybe thats the case. In my case i used the megs cleaner wax over it (after 1 month), gave quite a good shine.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:09   #303
BHPian

Guys do i want to try to Waxpol GLO on refrigerator before applying on my car? :( Please advice.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:05   #304
Senior - BHPian

No sir, absolutely not, the refrigerator is an example to show the effectiveness of polish on metallic surface. I haven't applied it on my car(so don't have any pics) and neither will do so in near future as it doesn't serves my purpose of polishing the car.
Old 15th May 2010, 19:39   #305
BANNED

I purchased this Car Shampoo cum Wax shine (Formula 1 Wash & Wax) from my local dealer. Can somebody tell me about its genuineness??
It does not has an import or something sticker. Though looks 100% genuine.
The dealer is famous for stocking genuine products.

The product details which are usually at the back of the bottle with a sticker are actually printed on the back of the front sticker.

Price: Rs. 150/-

P.S - Pardon my poor images. My iPhone was a little busy so clicked from Mom's Corby CDMA

Last edited by thorpe : 15th May 2010 at 19:45. Reason: Images were'nt showing
Old 15th May 2010, 20:04   #306
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I read in one of the posts from 'tsk13' about how the manual labour can be reduced a bit on Waxpol paste while waxing your car. Well, I have been using Waxpol for some time on my car & bike, & I found another way to reduce the effort. I have not tried tsk's way, but what I do is to put a layer of 3M or Turtle Wax on the car & then put a fine layer of Waxpol paste on it & buff it in about 10 mins.

I don't end up spending a lot of time or energy this way, considering I do it almost every second weekend

Do let me know if this benefits anybody else.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:31   #307
Senior - BHPian

Blackfire, the method was suggested by BHPian 'sonirohit', I just conveyed the same to other people.

I think 3M will be a better option, as Turtle wax after drying for long becomes the baby Waxpol requiring good efforts.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:17   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Blackfire, the method was suggested by BHPian 'sonirohit', I just conveyed the same to other people.

I think 3M will be a better option, as Turtle wax after drying for long becomes the baby Waxpol requiring good efforts.
Hey tsk13,

I just tried out the method you posted about, or should I say 'sonirohit' posted, & it does make some difference. Maybe I will do it another time & try doing it better.

And you are absolutely right about the Turtle becoming baby Waxpol after drying. I waxed my car today & it was exactly this observation. I usually use 3M & then Waxpol, but then today the 3M was not there & hence used Turtle.

By the way, it is becoming a pain to wax the car out in the open these days, it's very hot & the sun is terrible. I was out in the sun from 9 till 11AM & man, it was hot. I finished 3 1ltr bottles of water while at this. By the way, know of any dealers with authentic Turtle stuff? Please let me know.

You have a PM.

Thanks.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 17th May 2010 at 22:30.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:33   #309
Senior - BHPian

If its difficult to buff off, you can try spraying some distilled water on the cloth you are using to remove excess wax!(such that it feels slightly damp! NOT WET)

As the wax dries, all its solvents(stuff keeping it in liquid or paste form) evaporate and the wax sticks to the paint.

The excess wax that does not stick to the paint is clearly visible as haze. Water in the towel re-liquefies the excess wax so that it can be taken off without effort, without affecting the layer that sticks to the paint.

make sure the water is distilled and relatively cool!

Last edited by sohail99 : 17th May 2010 at 22:48.
Old 20th May 2010, 05:39   #310
Senior - BHPian

Turtle Wax products in India should have Xenos's sticker indicating the price. Many smart dealers remove this sticker and sell these products at higher prices, I came across one in Khan Market about a quarter back.
Old 21st May 2010, 22:39   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Turtle Wax products in India should have Xenos's sticker indicating the price. Many smart dealers remove this sticker and sell these products at higher prices, I came across one in Khan Market about a quarter back.
Hmm, I will check it out. I will get to some dealers here in Delhi through the Xenos website.

Thanks mate, & I must say that you know quite a lot

Take care.
Old 21st May 2010, 23:28   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hmm, I will check it out. I will get to some dealers here in Delhi through the Xenos website.

Thanks mate, & I must say that you know quite a lot

Take care.
Thanks buddy. Khan Market has good variety of Turtle stuff and even Lajpat Nagar Stores have Turtle Hard Shell Wax now.
Old 22nd May 2010, 11:13   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmeshmahajan View Post
They asked for 450 & I paid 400 Rs for the kit after slight negotiation.
They are some good stuff..however I bought the same for 200 last week. They intially quote 450.. its pretty easy to come down to 250. After that, its quite hard.
Old 22nd May 2010, 11:29   #314
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody suggest which Vaccum cleaner to buy, either a cigarette lighter powered or an electric powered one. Am a little confused about the power of the lighter one.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:14   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Khan Market has good variety of Turtle stuff and even Lajpat Nagar Stores have Turtle Hard Shell Wax now.
Another little info on Turtle products: Xenos is marketting only a few Turtle produts in India. These can be seen on Xenos's website (you can also see the MRP there). If you buy any of these prodcucts, look for the Xenos tag. Any other product that Turtle has but you cant find on the Xenos website is being imported directly. This info i got from Xenos's office.

Turtle products that Xenos is marketing but dont have Xenos tag are definitely fake.

Last edited by benzinblut : 22nd May 2010 at 16:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks