Old 3rd November 2009, 17:50   #211
BHPian

Here are the pictures of my Skoda, with the wax stains:
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-03112009029.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-03112009028.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 18:06   #212
BHPian

Hi maglev why don't you take your car to one of the car detailing guys with a polishing machine and tell him you want to just use the machine and pay him accordingly.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:37   #213
BHPian

You probably got the best batch of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
HELP HELP!!

Guys I started waxing my fathers Octavia using Waxpol, at around 1:00pm today.

It was 6:30pm when I gave up and turned towards Team-BHP for help.

After trying for nearly 3 hours I gave up around 4:30pm.

The Waxpol Wax seems to have stuck to the paint.

It is showing no signs of loosening, It has come off of some very small sections but a layer of wax is still there on the car and it resembles scratches.
I don't know what to do, guys please HELP it is getting very very
I am not joking when I say that you got the best batch of the lot and the Carnuba content must be a lot more. It is this carnuba that you see as a white crust.
Bonding to the paint is its forte. The amount you applied is way, way too much. In my earlier days by which I mean 30 years ago I too faced this issue. All you have to do is apply a thin coat once again to make it oily and wipe of immediately without waiting for the wax to dry and this time wax only 6 square inches at a time. If it still does not come off use the costlier fluid waxes from the same company to polish away hardened Carnuba. As mentioned before; you have to have real strong arms to polish the car in one day. I do by sections today and some times finishing just the bonnet gives me stomach cramps let alone dead tired arms. Also it is better to err on applying less wax than more wax. Do not be worried you are the learning curve. Do not use any abrasive or liquid house hold kitchen detergents to clean off. If you are flumoxed use pure Kerosene and never ever use diesel or turpentine to wash away the wax but thats the easy way out.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:31   #214
Senior - BHPian

Before Maglev had this waxing debacle, I was a victim to it on my Xing. The next morning post-wax, I used Sonax Car Shampoo but no fruitful results and hence, resorted to Petrol as the last alternative. Started buffing the wax marks and thank God, those marks were done away with. The consequence was an oily layer which attracted dust initially and the glossy look transformed to Matte Finish. But two days hence, the glossy look is coming back and another Sonax treatment shall restore the glossy look soon.
Old 5th November 2009, 01:37   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I am not joking when I say that you got the best batch of the lot and the Carnuba content must be a lot more. It is this carnuba that you see as a white crust.
Bonding to the paint is its forte. The amount you applied is way, way too much. In my earlier days by which I mean 30 years ago I too faced this issue. All you have to do is apply a thin coat once again to make it oily and wipe of immediately without waiting for the wax to dry and this time wax only 6 square inches at a time. If it still does not come off use the costlier fluid waxes from the same company to polish away hardened Carnuba. As mentioned before; you have to have real strong arms to polish the car in one day. I do by sections today and some times finishing just the bonnet gives me stomach cramps let alone dead tired arms. Also it is better to err on applying less wax than more wax. Do not be worried you are the learning curve. Do not use any abrasive or liquid house hold kitchen detergents to clean off. If you are flumoxed use pure Kerosene and never ever use diesel or turpentine to wash away the wax but thats the easy way out.

All you have to do is apply a thin coat once again to make it oily and wipe of immediately without waiting for the wax to dry and this time wax only 6 square inches at a time.

This seems to be the safest solution.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:54   #216
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Doc,

This method works like a charm, I tried it on the boot of the car.
Will post pics once the entire car is buffed.
Old 8th November 2009, 13:47   #217
BHPian

Quote:
In my earlier days by which I mean 30 years ago I too faced this issue. All you have to do is apply a thin coat once again to make it oily and wipe of immediately without waiting for the wax to dry and this time wax only 6 square inches at a time.

This method,

I re-applied the wax and buffed it immediately.

The result was good, all of the older harder wax came of easily.
Old 12th December 2009, 16:30   #218
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

Just bought 'Turtle Wax Hard Shell Shine Car wax'

I was surprised to see Turtle Wax products at a local car-accessory shop!
(biggest 'supposedly-fake' thought inducer!)

but it looked quite genuine though but I always had it in the back of my head that it could be a fake!

Can you guys tell whether its fake or 'Original' ??

Here are some pics -
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-abcd0009.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-abcd0010.jpg  

Old 12th December 2009, 16:42   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Hey guys!

Just bought 'Turtle Wax Hard Shell Shine Car wax'

I was surprised to see Turtle Wax products at a local car-accessory shop!
(biggest 'supposedly-fake' thought inducer!)

but it looked quite genuine though but I always had it in the back of my head that it could be a fake!

Can you guys tell whether its fake or 'Original' ??

Here are some pics -
The xenos sticker says it all, Turtle wax is distributed by Xenos in India, It is 100% original.
Old 12th December 2009, 21:14   #220
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for confirming!!

Will try to wax my i20 with it tomm if I find the time!(will try to post before/after pics)
Old 13th December 2009, 01:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

Sohail, where did you find this? I searched Karol Bagh and Lajpat Nagar and was not able to get one.
Old 13th December 2009, 08:55   #222
Senior - BHPian

They are available at the car accessory shops(on the ground floor, near the beer/wine shop!) in Palika Bhavan(opposite Hyatt Regency)

but that guy sells everything at MRP!!
Old 14th December 2009, 10:00   #223
BHPian

Suggest a Polish for car Interiors!
Is rubbing a must before polishing?My car is 2.4yrs old never been rubbed with rubbing compound.For car exterior I will Buy waxpol.Thinking of picking the tyre,exterior and dashboard polish from Waxpol.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:10   #224
Senior - BHPian

^^^ No! Why do you want to use a rubbing compound when it isn't required?? For interiors, I use F1 dashboard/vinyl polish. For fabric, etc., you can use a upholstery cleaner.
Old 15th December 2009, 09:37   #225
BHPian

Where do I find Waxpol in Bangalore?

I went to 3-4 accessories shop today to purchase Waxpol for my new car. Nobody had this wax polish, instead they had Formula 1 wax. The pack did look original. One guy was selling it for 275/- for 230g pack while one was selling it for 300/- bucks.

Where do I find the Waxpol in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks