Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 20:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

WooHoo

Successfully completed the first wax of Xing. Now I understand why we call it Car Detailing; this detailing word meant serious stuff to me as I have the habit of going into the minute details, nothing should be left undone or damaged.

Car was first washed with Formula 1 Car Shampoo, then waxed using Formula 1 Paste Wax. Manual Buffing done using Dhoti Cloth and the best part of it, the car's surface feels smoother than before; Silky in short.

Special thanks to Parm and Raccoon.
Old 28th September 2009, 21:20   #92
BHPian

Hi Guys, I followed a procedure where in I wash the car and then wax it. My question is, how can we avoid water marks after a rain? Can let me know this can be avoided?
Old 29th September 2009, 01:08   #93
Senior - BHPian

The wax is supposed to resist water mark due to its beading property!
Old 29th September 2009, 21:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Successfully completed the first wax of Xing. Now I understand why we call it Car Detailing; this detailing word meant serious stuff to me as I have the habit of going into the minute details, nothing should be left undone or damaged.

Car was first washed with Formula 1 Car Shampoo, then waxed using Formula 1 Paste Wax. Manual Buffing done using Dhoti Cloth and the best part of it, the car's surface feels smoother than before; Silky in short.

Special thanks to Parm and Raccoon.
No pics , no faith Post pics Asap !!!

Reliance autozone is no good , karol bagh or gyro is better. My Experience !!!

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 29th September 2009 at 21:47.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
No pics , no faith Post pics Asap !!!

Reliance autozone is no good , karol bagh or gyro is better. My Experience !!!
Veerji, the fact is that Real Earth colour in Xing tends to retain its glossy look so post-wax there is no exponential visible change. But yes, when I compared the surface's texture with that of a 5 month old white i20 I felt Xing's surface to be much more smoother.

And Karol Bagh or Gyro for car detailing stuff or something else? Sorry didn't get you correctly.

Moreover, the In&Out in Defence Colony stocks a wide variety of waxes and polishes. Eagle One Nano Wax, which Maglev talked about is also available at Elegant for 700 bucks, quite expensive. Guys, if anyone has tried this Nanowax do post the review, the product's features are exciting but the real worth is what Maglev and me are looking for.

Moreover, my cousin is going to Berlin. Any suggestions as to what car detailing stuff shall I request him for? I mean something exclusive other than Microfiber cloth which I shall be asking him to get.
Old 29th September 2009, 23:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moreover, my cousin is going to Berlin. Any suggestions as to what car detailing stuff shall I request him for? I mean something exclusive other than Microfiber cloth which I shall be asking him to get.
Ask him to get you some Collinite 476 and Collinite 845. Will work out at RS1100 for each but much better than that hairdressing wax you get in India.
Old 30th September 2009, 00:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

ask him to get into an auto detailing store and buy things not available in india.

but do take that since germany is a cold climate country, it might have things like waxes which might not be suitable for india, so just double check on the composition of the wax or what all climatic conditions it can take on!

SONAX - cleaning and polishing like a professional
Old 30th September 2009, 10:43   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Veerji, the fact is that Real Earth colour in Xing tends to retain its glossy look so post-wax there is no exponential visible change. But yes, when I compared the surface's texture with that of a 5 month old white i20 I felt Xing's surface to be much more smoother.

And Karol Bagh or Gyro for car detailing stuff or something else? Sorry didn't get you correctly.

Paaji , i mean that for car wash , wax , wet tyre etc. Reliance autozone is no good , gyro has more variety. and please post some pics of your car.

what is the cost of microfiber cloth there ???
Old 30th September 2009, 11:34   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paaji , i mean that for car wash , wax , wet tyre etc. Reliance autozone is no good , gyro has more variety. and please post some pics of your car.

for washing a car> use sponge
for applying wax on car> use sponge
for washing tyres> use sponge
for washing glass> use sponge

for cleaning the wax> use a dhoti cloth or malmal ka kapda if you can find microfibre cloth!
Old 30th September 2009, 12:08   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
for washing a car> use sponge
IMO, for washing a car, Sponge is not advisable. Have read somewhere with pictures how a (dust) particle may scratch the paint if sponge is used. A soft cloth (Banyan) or may be a micro fibre would be better.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
IMO, for washing a car, Sponge is not advisable. Have read somewhere with pictures how a (dust) particle may scratch the paint if sponge is used. A soft cloth (Banyan) or may be a micro fibre would be better.
+1 to that, Sponge may be soft but has no ability to catch dust/dirt particles and will drag the dirt particles on the surface creating swirl marks, Cotton chenille wash mitts are highly recommended and are available for 300Rs.
Microfiber cloth or a deep pile terry towel will do if you don't find wash mitts. Again, a cotton cloth will act just like a sponge.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-microfibercarwashmittd.jpg  

Old 30th September 2009, 13:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
+1 to that, Sponge may be soft but has no ability to catch dust/dirt particles and will drag the dirt particles on the surface creating swirl marks, Cotton chenille wash mitts are highly recommended and are available for 300Rs.
Microfiber cloth or a deep pile terry towel will do if you don't find wash mitts. Again, a cotton cloth will act just like a sponge.
You can always do a prewash to get rid of as much dirt and muck before you actually begin the proper task of washing.

I prefer using wash mits for washing. You should also use a two bucket approach, one with the car shampoo in and the other to rinse the mit before applying shampoo again (again reduces the risk of dragging dirt).

You can also get mits which are excellent for polishing the car after wax has been applied.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:41   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Ask him to get you some Collinite 476 and Collinite 845. Will work out at RS1100 for each but much better than that hairdressing wax you get in India.
Thanks bigman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
ask him to get into an auto detailing store and buy things not available in india.

but do take that since germany is a cold climate country, it might have things like waxes which might not be suitable for india, so just double check on the composition of the wax or what all climatic conditions it can take on!

SONAX - cleaning and polishing like a professional
Valid suggestion. Thanks Parm.

Quote:

Veerji, sorry for being too lazy to click the pics. Let me find an apt place to click and I'll upload soon.

Thanks, even I've seen the variety at Gyro although I had no idea of this stuff that time.
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:43   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Veerji, sorry for being too lazy to click the pics. Let me find an apt place to click and I'll upload soon.

Thanks, even I've seen the variety at Gyro although I had no idea of this stuff that time.
koi nii , Der aaye durust aaye
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:10   #105
BHPian

BUMP BUMP!!

As posted earlier, can anyone throw light on Eagle 1 NANOWAX.
I saw them at Elegant, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Was available for Rs. 700/- and comes with a free micro-fibre cloth.

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-nanowax.jpg

Image Source: NanoWax<sup>®</sup>

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks