Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 17:33   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thanks tsk13 and POLO!
I searched 10-15 shops in Bangalore no one seems to have the waxpol tin!
Any Bhpian in Bangalore know where to buy this?
Hey Captain, Saw a couple of Waxpol products in MK Ahmed. Do take a look. Though I didn't see the tin of waxpol, but I did see the carbuna wax [ red color cover ] in there. Since I am having Turtle wax, to last for another 6 months, I dropped the idea of picking it up.

PM me if you want to know more
Old 12th April 2010, 21:18   #287
BANNED

have got this wax polish from usa juss wanted to know anyone here have used this one
Attached Images

Old 12th April 2010, 22:21   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
OK Looks like I found the same thing in a smaller 50g tin! It says waxpol scooter polish.

Tin is exactly like this
http://174.123.135.195/uploads/product/212.gif
the acutal wax looks somewhat similar to what poloman posted.

Does the bigger tin have some kind of kerosene or similar smell to it?? This one does.
I think the product is the same and the wax in big tin has petroleum type of smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
have got this wax polish from usa juss wanted to know anyone here have used this one
I've never used Mother's but heard their products are good.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:36   #289
Senior - BHPian

lambuhere1
Thank you so much!
You got PM

Thanks Tsk123,
Yes the tin I got does have a heavy petroleum type of smell to it. So I guess its the same stuff as the bigger tins.

anku
Heard that their products are really good and pure.
http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=3812
You can use the waxforum to find out more about their products.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 13th April 2010 at 12:37.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:52   #290
BHPian

Hi all,

I was filling petrol in my car at one of the HP petrol pumps in Hinjawadi area & that time some guys came to demo the Car care products they were selling. They really impressed me by making a deep scratch less visible by using their product. They were selling a Kit package of 4 items (Spray Shiner, Stain Remover, Clean ‘N’ Shine Wax, Windshield Cleaner). Kit also contained one piece of soft foam. They asked for 450 & I paid 400 Rs for the kit after slight negotiation. Guys were ready to take payment through HP Outlet using Credit card but I preferred to pay in cash though this aspect made me trust them more. They said they are associated with HP.

In short, product is really worth spending the money. You may try to negotiate more. Here is the weblink to their website. Being a chemical engineer myself, I first had doubts on the product but now I am glad with my decision.

Check their website, though price quoted on weblink are on higher side:

Car Care Products - Car Polish,Car Shiner,Car Care Accessories Product,Car Maintenance Kit in India

Regards
Dharmesh
Old 16th April 2010, 11:19   #291
BHPian

Guys!

i just bought a hand buffing grinder yesterday. Its a variable speed machine.
After all the calories i burned over two sundays and all my stiff muscles i had due to manually doing waxpol, i will now use this machine.

I will try it again this sunday. Hope it works out well!!
Old 16th April 2010, 16:10   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmeshmahajan View Post
Hi all,

I was filling petrol in my car at one of the HP petrol pumps in Hinjawadi area & that time some guys came to demo the Car care products they were selling. They really impressed me by making a deep scratch less visible by using their product. They were selling a Kit package of 4 items (Spray Shiner, Stain Remover, Clean ‘N’ Shine Wax, Windshield Cleaner). Kit also contained one piece of soft foam. They asked for 450 & I paid 400 Rs for the kit after slight negotiation. Guys were ready to take payment through HP Outlet using Credit card but I preferred to pay in cash though this aspect made me trust them more. They said they are associated with HP.

In short, product is really worth spending the money. You may try to negotiate more. Here is the weblink to their website. Being a chemical engineer myself, I first had doubts on the product but now I am glad with my decision.

Check their website, though price quoted on weblink are on higher side:

Car Care Products - Car Polish,Car Shiner,Car Care Accessories Product,Car Maintenance Kit in India

Regards
Dharmesh
I've used these products long back owing to the successful removal of scratch marks but later switched over to 3M's offerings due to personal choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Guys!

i just bought a hand buffing grinder yesterday. Its a variable speed machine.
After all the calories i burned over two sundays and all my stiff muscles i had due to manually doing waxpol, i will now use this machine.

I will try it again this sunday. Hope it works out well!!
Pictures and Price will be appreciated buddy.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:31   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

I enquired about the brands used by the wax/polising guys at sector17, vashi. I was suggested several various brands.

I know a dealer at lohaar chaal near crawford market and buy such electrical stuff from him regularly for our factory/office/home use. He also has a shop at at janta market in turbhe, close to vashi. I went there and was suggested a brand - IDEAL. I called up my sector17 mechanic and he said that they used it too and vouched for its reliablity. He also gave me the model no.

I bought the machine for Rs. 2800 (originally quoted 3500). Its a variable speed hand held machine with the disc and a wollen buffing wheel. I also took along a grinding disc useful to remove welding burrs (ofcourse thats not for my car). It comes with a 6 months guarantee. Extra buffing wheel comes for Rs 350.

I will be using it on sunday morning. I must wake up early and finish by 11am (family function after that). Will mail the pics of the machine and the car on monday.
Old 16th April 2010, 21:16   #294
BHPian

Grinders and sanders are something, that one should use with extreme caution,the pressure applied might not be same for whole surface.It won't take much time, to eat paint. Practice before you use it on your car!
Old 16th April 2010, 21:48   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

I have taken some pics of the machie and the wheel. However, i think that the apt thread will be ARTICLE: The Car Care guide (Aesthetics) so i will continue my post there. I can see you actively involved there as well. I am posting the pics of the machine there shortly.

Link to the article: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning-car/21633-article-car-care-guide-aesthetics.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Grinders and sanders are something, that one should use with extreme caution,the pressure applied might not be same for whole surface.It won't take much time, to eat paint. Practice before you use it on your car!
Yes, what you say is absolutely true. I wont dare to use rubbing/polishing compounds with inexperienced hands. I am only gonna use this for waxing the car and that too only to buff the wax off the car. Wax will be applied by me by hand. You can follow my subsequent posts at the above link.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:54   #296
Senior - BHPian

Here in Lucknow the Original Waxpol tin is easily available in 50 and 200 Gms. So anyone who fails to find it can PM me.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:31   #297
BHPian

Guys,

I bought WAXPOL ultra Glow with UV guard from a super markert in HSR layout, Bangalore. Its cost me Rs.200 for 250gms pack.

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-1.jpg

I have found these products also there , but the word GLOW attracted me more.
Name:  2.gif
Views: 2755
Size:  8.0 KB
Costs Rs.315 for 250 gms

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-3.jpg
Rs.168 for 250 gms

I feel its not a duplicate one. Which of the above will be good?

Ps. Pictures are taken from Welcome to Waxpol Industries Limited
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:53   #298
Senior - BHPian

I have used the ultra glo on painted surfaces. It has some abrasiveness in it. One can see the color of paint on the pad or cloth when removing it.
The 2in1 is simply cleaner cum polisher. It does not have wax capabilities. You can apply it on any dirty surface as it contains mild cleaners in it.
The red one is still to be used by me.
Old 4th May 2010, 08:45   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I have used the ultra glo on painted surfaces. It has some abrasiveness in it. One can see the color of paint on the pad or cloth when removing it.
The 2in1 is simply cleaner cum polisher. It does not have wax capabilities. You can apply it on any dirty surface as it contains mild cleaners in it.
Samsag, So if I use the yellow GLO, will it hurt my paint work? how is the finish? any advices before using them?
Old 4th May 2010, 09:56   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Guys,

I bought WAXPOL ultra Glow with UV guard from a super markert in HSR layout, Bangalore. Its cost me Rs.200 for 250gms pack.

Attachment 342015

I have found these products also there , but the word GLOW attracted me more.
Attachment 342016
Costs Rs.315 for 250 gms

Attachment 342017
Rs.168 for 250 gms

I feel its not a duplicate one. Which of the above will be good?

Ps. Pictures are taken from Welcome to Waxpol Industries Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Samsag, So if I use the yellow GLO, will it hurt my paint work? how is the finish? any advices before using them?
I have used the yellow glo. Gives great shine, leaves a chalky residue, and is very very slightly abrasive. Don't think using it once in 2-3 months should hurt. You can top off with pure carnauba wax or waxpol liquid wax in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks