Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 11:25   #271
BHPian

Since about a month I wanted to wax my car and was following this thread since then. I wanted to be sure to buy the right product. Many over here are in favor of waxpol, i decided to try it out.

On their website I found that they had their regional office in Vashi. Since it was close to my house, i decided to go there personally. I visited this place on saturday (had decided to wax the car on sunday).

This place is actually their warehouse and distribution centre for maharashtra. Goods are stocked on the ground floor and their admin office is on the first floor. Execpt the sales manager, everyone there is admin/opperations guy.

When i went there, only the admin guy was there. He was kind enough to take me through their godown. But he told me that I will have to buy in cartons and not in single pieces. But then I located a few open cartons of all the products i wanted to buy. On being asked how are there some open cartons he said ,"ye to replacement ke liye hum khol dete hai". Anyways, I picked up the following products (in single pieces ofcourse):
Waxpol carnuba wax (that orange can)
Waxpol leather polish
Waxpol W/S washer
Waxpol heavy duty carwash (a few satchets).

After I finished shopping, the admin guy packed the bottles in a plastic bag and told me that ill get 20% discount on MRP. By that time the sales manager came in. I decided to meet him. We had a cup of tea and all that time he was promoting his other products to me. He also said that the orange tin wax is an old product and suggested to try their newer (and ofcourse expensive) waxes. But, having read on the forum to stick to the classic wax, i did so. Total bill: 240Rs. He handed me over a little chit of paper as receipt. They cant bill in single pieces is what i was told.

On sunday, I actually woke up at 7am I gave my baby a good vacuum cleaning and floor mat cleaning (done totally by our good old bai). Followed by that i gave the alloys a good wash (heavy duty carwash shampoo). I used a toothbrush for it. Then i gave the car a shampoo and let it dry. It was 2pm by then and i was dead tired.

I started waxing around 3pm and its was 630 and i had only done the bumper, bootlid, bonnet and roof. Thats when i decided to call it a day. My arms were hurting and I knew that I will have to recover on a monday office chair.

My experience with the wax is that it dries too quickly and once its hard, you really have to apply a lot of pressure. Yes, once it comes off, the shine is superb. But it requires real dedication. I have not used other products so cant compare it to other products.

I have now decided to wax the remaining portion it this sunday.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:36   #272
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have been reading this for a while now
I have 2 cans of Formula 1 stuff from Metro.

Just one question, Which one is better?
Formula 1 or the waxpol stuff? I don't mind doing a bit of extra polishing as long as I get good results and the paint doesn't fade
Old 10th April 2010, 02:24   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
My experience with the wax is that it dries too quickly and once its hard, you really have to apply a lot of pressure. Yes, once it comes off, the shine is superb. But it requires real dedication. I have not used other products so cant compare it to other products.

I have now decided to wax the remaining portion it this sunday.
A fellow BHPian suggested me to re-apply wax on the area ready for buffing. The new layer of Wax facilitates easy buffing else Waxpol is a good calorie burner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Guys I have been reading this for a while now
I have 2 cans of Formula 1 stuff from Metro.

Just one question, Which one is better?
Formula 1 or the waxpol stuff? I don't mind doing a bit of extra polishing as long as I get good results and the paint doesn't fade
Waxpol is better as it's pure wax (the Orange can) and moreover, abraisive free unlike Formula 1. Turtle Wax is another good alternative.
Old 10th April 2010, 02:51   #274
Senior - BHPian

Thanks tsk13,
Are you sure that the formula 1 carnauba car wax has abrasive's in it? The ones I got seem to be ligit they also have the importer sticker.

I had an older waxpol bottle but that one said polish and not wax!

I will try finding that orange can somewhere in Bangalore. Anyone bhpian know where to get it? will make my job a lot easier
Old 10th April 2010, 10:16   #275
BHPian

@tsk13: I tried doing that, but i still feel that the the difference in time and effort is not much. I will try it again tomorrow and then give you my feedback
I found the roof epsecially laborious and time consuming. the central portion is difficult to access. But at the end of the day, it all pays off!!

Last edited by benzinblut : 10th April 2010 at 10:22.
Old 10th April 2010, 10:36   #276
Senior - BHPian

Captain, Here is my waxpol tub. This is freely available in Bangalore auto accessory shops.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-100_5448.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-100_5449.jpg  

Old 10th April 2010, 15:53   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
@tsk13: I tried doing that, but i still feel that the the difference in time and effort is not much. I will try it again tomorrow and then give you my feedback
I found the roof epsecially laborious and time consuming. the central portion is difficult to access. But at the end of the day, it all pays off!!
Do let me know as to how easy the job becomes. I'm having the Waxpol tin lying idle as I last used Turtle although Waxpol seems to have better results.

Quote:
Thanks tsk13,
Are you sure that the formula 1 carnauba car wax has abrasive's in it? The ones I got seem to be ligit they also have the importer sticker.

I had an older waxpol bottle but that one said polish and not wax!

I will try finding that orange can somewhere in Bangalore. Anyone bhpian know where to get it? will make my job a lot easier
Captain, many people had posted about the Abrasives. I request you to please upload the pics of the can with the Importer's sticker.
Old 10th April 2010, 16:34   #278
BHPian

Turtle Wax

If any body is on a look out for Turtle wax in navi-mumbai, I bought one from Inrobit mall from a stall selling automobile stuff on ground floor opposite to Shopper stop.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:27   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Captain, Here is my waxpol tub. This is freely available in Bangalore auto accessory shops.

POLOMAN!! Where did you get this? Today morning I went to atleast 6 shops and none of them had this! they had the waxpol liquid stuff.
tell me where you got this? I don't mind driving across the city just for this
Do let me know asap! Tomorrow being a sunday I have nothing to do. some good polishing exercise should keep me busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

Captain, many people had posted about the Abrasives. I request you to please upload the pics of the can with the Importer's sticker.
Here they are, Paid about 320 for each.

Wondering if the formula 1 I got is safe for my figo
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-img_4173.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-img_4175.jpg  

Old 11th April 2010, 01:18   #280
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Captain Slow. Since you've already bought them, no harm in using on a Figo. The amount of Abrasives will be negligible compared to a Rubbing compound hence, shouldn't be a problem. Even before Turtle, India relied on Formula 1. Go and Wax happily on the Figo but for your next purchase go for Turtle or Waxpol Hard Cake Wax.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:04   #281
Senior - BHPian

Captain Check your PM. Since yours is a black car. Try to use pure waxes like waxpol or turtle to wax. I hate to see paint remnants on the cloth while polishing/waxing. Believe me Waxpol is 100% safe on your car.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:31   #282
BHPian

[quote=tsk13;1831384]Do let me know as to how easy the job becomes. I'm having the Waxpol tin lying idle as I last used Turtle although Waxpol seems to have better results.

I did the remaining car today. And i tried it that way, i.e. rubbing some fresh wax just before buffing. BTW, i also did this last week as i had read the post by sonirohit, but didnt really observe it the last time. This time my observation is that it does help. it does make the task much easier. But, you have much more wax to wipe off now. But depite this, its easier.

Another observation I made is that while buffing it dry, the cloth seems to charge the car surface. When the wax is buffed, it comes off in small particles of dry wax. These particles stick to the surface (because it is charged). My car being black, it looks like a layer of dust settled on the car. I am using the thin vest cloth and its not the fibres of the cloth.

Guys, does this also happen in your case?
Old 12th April 2010, 00:39   #283
Senior - BHPian

Thanks tsk13 and POLO!
I searched 10-15 shops in Bangalore no one seems to have the waxpol tin!
Any Bhpian in Bangalore know where to buy this?
Old 12th April 2010, 01:07   #284
Senior - BHPian

[quote=benzinblut;1832195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
This time my observation is that it does help. it does make the task much easier. But, you have much more wax to wipe off now. But depite this, its easier.
Thanks for the confirmation buddy.

Quote:
Thanks tsk13 and POLO!
I searched 10-15 shops in Bangalore no one seems to have the waxpol tin!
Any Bhpian in Bangalore know where to buy this?
Captain Slow, try searching in the shops which stock Spare Parts or are in those locales where repairing work takes place.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:53   #285
Senior - BHPian

OK Looks like I found the same thing in a smaller 50g tin! It says waxpol scooter polish.

Tin is exactly like this
http://174.123.135.195/uploads/product/212.gif
the acutal wax looks somewhat similar to what poloman posted.

Does the bigger tin have some kind of kerosene or similar smell to it?? This one does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks