Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 11:53   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I heard that even the government is going to get stricter on all traffic related violations. It seems they may increase fine amounts many folds from existing ones, and that includes "tinted films" as well. I hope cops should not be allowed to book you unless they are equipped with a reliable meter, and also they should have some margin over allowed VLT. If the legal limits are 70% and 50% minimum, then they should book if it is measured below 60% and 40%. But that is too much to expect, I know.
This is precisely the reason why I am still debating adding sun-film...
Old 1st April 2009, 11:57   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This is precisely the reason why I am still debating adding sun-film...
He he, you first fix the model of vehicle you want first - can debate about the sun films later. Delhi Cops have a light meter - if you argue he uses the meter to show the VLT%age - and then cuts the dreaded challan slip. He will not use it, if you dont ask for it. How reliable - god knows - clear films they usually dont bother you.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:30   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Have decided mate...no 4WD for me...I have a Willy's which keeps me excited about mudslinging for that.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:03   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
if you argue he uses the meter to show the VLT%age - and then cuts the dreaded challan slip. He will not use it, if you dont ask for it. How reliable - god knows - clear films they usually dont bother you.
That is fair enough, unless their meters read less than actual
Not being able to see through vehicles next to me is second most irritating factor for me on road, following blinding high beams even in well lit city areas.
Old 2nd May 2009, 19:45   #335
BHPian

Cool Tint sun films

Hi Team

Been hunting for lightest possible tint. Had 3M and Lumar in mind but one shop showed me Cool Tint. Never heard of it. He quoted 15,000+ for side and rear. "Imported" stuff. Similar tint in 3M (RE70) is quoted 4700/-. has anyone used Cool tint? Any comments?
Old 4th May 2009, 15:19   #336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Hi Team

Been hunting for lightest possible tint. Had 3M and Lumar in mind but one shop showed me Cool Tint. Never heard of it. He quoted 15,000+ for side and rear. "Imported" stuff. Similar tint in 3M (RE70) is quoted 4700/-. has anyone used Cool tint? Any comments?
Stay away from Cool tint. Buy 3M/Llumar/Vkool.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:03   #337
BHPian

Hi. Contemplating buying the altis. Been offered sun film with the car. They have it in the range of Rs. 7500/- to 15,000/-. Which one should I use. Can anyone suggest a particular quality in the above range. Thanx.
Old 9th May 2009, 13:14   #338
BHPian

Useful excel

@adzegeek: Thanks for the excel. When I bought my car, llumar was a freebie - how I wish I had this information handy, I could have done a better deal.

My friend wanted to get a sun film on his car and we had this discussion in office. So, I logged into t-bhp and voila! - all information on a platter

Now, I can pose as an all-knowing guru for my friend, thanks to t-bhp!
Old 9th May 2009, 14:38   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi. Contemplating buying the altis. Been offered sun film with the car. They have it in the range of Rs. 7500/- to 15,000/-. Which one should I use. Can anyone suggest a particular quality in the above range. Thanx.
Ah. But you surely know that "accessories" from the showroom are more expensive?

Going by posts about govt's intentions, you may be better off using a light shade, with higher heat rejection. Most installers will have booklets with a small 3 inch by 2 inch cut out of the sample film. Look through sample film with the sun behind you.

Insist on on single piece films all around. Some, especially those which come in "kits" for a particular car have joints for the rear glass.

OT:- So this is going to be the alternative for your skoda?
Old 11th May 2009, 11:40   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
@adzegeek: Thanks for the excel. When I bought my car, llumar was a freebie - how I wish I had this information handy, I could have done a better deal.

My friend wanted to get a sun film on his car and we had this discussion in office. So, I logged into t-bhp and voila! - all information on a platter

Now, I can pose as an all-knowing guru for my friend, thanks to t-bhp!
cheers mate, if possible can you update prices in the sheet as I am out of the country so havent had time to do much about it.
Old 11th May 2009, 19:12   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
OT:- So this is going to be the alternative for your skoda?
Contemplating about it BSD. Your take is I should get it done locally?
Old 11th May 2009, 21:22   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Contemplating about it BSD. Your take is I should get it done locally?

Yes. From a good shop though.
Old 12th May 2009, 21:40   #343
BANNED

I want to put the best quality sun film which is legal in New Delhi, and is of light brown color, please suggest me where i can get it done neatly in South Delhi, and which brand is it.

I am waiting for the gurus to help me out.
Old 31st May 2009, 09:41   #344
BHPian

sunfilm questions

Hi sunfilm experts, I have to put sunfilm on my Linea now. The legal 50% film seems too light (I dont want ppl staring inside the car). 35% film is less than legal but hoping cops wont be harsh on me as its not the extreme 20 or 5% film?

I have shortlisted 4 films (rates for whole car except front windshield):
Normal - 3M SP35 : Rs.3000
Premium - 3M CS35/RE35 : Rs.4800

Normal - Llumar SR35 silver series: Rs.2200
Premium - Llumar SR35 platinum series: Rs.7500

Questions:
1) Whats difference between 3M RE & CS series? Which is better?
I think RE is metallized & CS is not. Metallized films block cellphone/GPS reception?
2) The premium films look a lot lighter than the normal films. Though both have VLT @ 35%. Does this mean that premium 35 film = normal 50 film and going for premium film will be in line with RTA rules?
3) Some people have reported that the sunfilm on rear-windshield seems to diffract light and you will see 20 headlights for 1 car! How to ensure that this doesnot happen?
4) Is a Warranty card provided with installation. Also what will be the terms of warranty?
Old 31st May 2009, 11:33   #345
BHPian

I'm looking to get very dark tint for my Civic in a couple of days..that's on all the sides and rear. I also want to get a medium dark tint for the front windscreen. RTO regulations are not an issue.

Can anyone tell me what to get and what to ask for at the shop? I'm too tired to look through the thread, and I'm looking to do this within a couple of days. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks