Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:02   #421
BHPian

hey filcord where did you get it from at first
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:14   #422
BHPian

Gomes auto in Panjim, but they don't carry them now. One chappie told me 3M have changed their distributor in Goa, that's why not easily available.

Last edited by filcord : 3rd October 2009 at 23:16.
Old 4th October 2009, 00:59   #423
BHPian

Garware - initial impressions

Hi friends I have installed Garware Ice Cool series film in my ANHC after nearly 6 months of research.I wanted good heat rejection since ANHC has a big glass area.I researched a lot in the net.But impressions about Garware were not very positive.So I decided on V kool.Contacted the dealer in Cochin,the estimate was around Rs.35,000 for Vk 70 for all the glass area.

So I waited for some months to save the money for V Kool .

Then my friend in Honda told me that films like V kool are costly because they are imported.He told me that some good quality varients of 3M and Garware were equally good.So I met the guy who is the dealer for 3M and Garware.He is the one who installs sun control film for Indus and Honda in Trivandrum.

He had various series' of Garware,3M and V kool sample films(he got the V kool catalogue for some actor's car).But to my surprise v kool films were similar to garware highend Ice cool range at least in feel.I was not able to test the heat rejection.Since the ICE Cool series of garware was only one third the price of V kool I decided to give it a try.Mainly because the V kool dealer was only in Cochin.

Garware ICE Cool series has specs similar to V kool at least in paper.

I wanted 50% visibility for sides and 70% visiblility for back and front glass.But the film with 50% visiblity had a relatively low heat rejection and privacy was low.

So opted for 40% visibility and 70% heat rejection -Garware ICE COOL Grand for back and sides ( cost Rs.8000 ,bit high than I have seen in the net) and ICE Cool Shield (RTO approved 70% visibility - Rs.4250)for the front glass.

http://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/pro.../car_packs.pdf

Initial impression

The performance of ICE Cool Grand is really impressive.Use of the AC has reduced considerably.The interiors get cooled more quickly.The ICE Cool Shield in the front glass is also good.No visibility problems in day or night.Had small bubbles has disappeared in 2 days.No halo effect.Excellent installation by a guy and his team ,who has been doing it for 13 years.He has a car with front film (ICE Cool Shield) so before installation I had a ride in it at night.

According to the Sunfilm dealer 3M is better than Llumar.

Garware has films ranging from Rs.800 to Rs.9000.There are also fake Garware films.They export films to many countries.Most films installed at dealers as free are poor quality.So based on that we cannot say that Garware is bad.

Will continue to update on the films in my ownership report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Film-film-3.jpg  

Sun Film-film-1.jpg  

Sun Film-film-grand.jpg  

Old 5th October 2009, 18:47   #424
BHPian

I've zeroed in on 3M CR70(Front WindScreen)+CR(Rest) which comes to 10k inlucing installation and warranty.Is this a good deal?

I am however a bit tempted by the heat rejection claims of the Garware IceCool Series as posted above.It should come to 12k max for my i10 but it would be worth it if what they claim is true.
Anybody verified these extraordinary heat rejection claims of 70%?!

^^ CS50 for the rest actually.Don't seem to have the edit button yet.

Hey guys very urgent!
The 3m guy said it would cost me Rs18k for CR70 Front and CR50/40 for the sides and rear.Now he's willing to go down to Rs.15.5k Bill,Warranty and installation.Is this a good deal? Should I go for it?

Could somebody give please me contacts to 3m dealers in Mumbai who stock the CR series sun films.I've been talking only to the one in Phrabadevi and I think I can get a better deal.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th October 2009 at 20:27.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:46   #425
BHPian

Arun1,

CR is expensive, CS wont have the same life as CR. why dont you ask him for a CR70 and RE50 (for sides) combination.

Regarding Garware Icecool Grand which has TSER of 70%, the VLT is 40%, so decide whether you want to be on the right side of the law or....

The other garware range will give you the same heat rejection as 3M RE (which is better than CS range). It will be cheaper, but most folks who praise Garware usually use the Grand with VLT of 40%.

Incidentally Garware will give you 5 year warranty and 3M RE or CS is 3 years warranty standard.
Old 12th October 2009, 15:19   #426
BHPian

3m

Installed 3M RE 35 (i think) on my swift a couple of days ago. Did not want to go for a dark shade. The film provides good visibility (50%) while driving and at the same time provides privacy due to the reflective nature. Heat rejection is 50% and UV is 99%, comes with 3 year warranty as well. Cost me Rs 3200 at Autoshop, did a neat install.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:46   #427
BHPian

@adzegeek
I decided to go for the CR series a couple of days back and got it done for Rs 15k everything included,CR70 for front and CR50 for sides.I wanted an above average film because I'm going to be putting leather seats very soon and I don't want them getting hot so the few thousand bucks extra I see as a good investment.

I wasn't getting a good deal and I even contacted dealers from Bangalore where the head office is to get a better deal.In this regards Mr.Vipin of Car Lounge in Bangalore was very helpful.He went all the way and got in contact with 3m India and then 3m Mumbai and got the 3m guy to get it done for me in Rs15k.If you're in Bangalore I really recommend getting your films and accessories done from him,he's a very nice guy!
As for the film itself I'd recommend for any car other than i10 to go for CR40 because CR40 is actually ~40% rather than 33-35% in case of other films which claim to be 40%.In case of i10 the sides are already tinted to 30% and pretty much every dealer recommended 50% at least so I went for CR50.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:22   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
In case of i10 the sides are already tinted to 30%
I assume you meant 30% opaque, not 30% VLT, right? If not, it will violate laws of the land in stock condition itself!
Old 13th October 2009, 13:45   #429
BHPian

Can anyone post what the Law (motor act) states for using film. I'm based out of Delhi (moving soon) and wonder if the law differs from state to state?
What % opaque is allowed in Delhi and which films won't get u in trouble with the cops.
Also when we talk about car packs like the one in Garware website, does it mean film for all windows / WS?
Is the price same irrespective of the car.. obviously the window/ws of Tata Safari (plan to buy one this month) is bigger/wider than Tata Nano
Old 13th October 2009, 14:44   #430
BHPian

Sunfilm Rules in Delhi

@ItmyLife,

Please check the post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1275296-post75.html.
This details all the things you need to know about the legal limit and fines.

Rideon.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:26   #431
BHPian

@Rideon

Thanks, But unfortunately the laws change here and the general public is caught unaware. Any idea when was the rule last updated, and what is stated still holds good?

Also would appreciate answers to couple of other questions I asked.

Thanks for the prompt response.
Old 13th October 2009, 18:12   #432
BHPian

Delhi Traffic Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
@Rideon

Thanks, But unfortunately the laws change here and the general public is caught unaware. Any idea when was the rule last updated, and what is stated still holds good?

Also would appreciate answers to couple of other questions I asked.

Thanks for the prompt response.
@ItMyLife,

Please check the link: Delhi Traffic Police, Traffic Police India, Traffic Police, Traffic Rules, Traffic Signals
Guess this is the best place for any updates on the traffic laws in Delhi.

Cheers.
Old 13th October 2009, 19:16   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I assume you meant 30% opaque, not 30% VLT, right? If not, it will violate laws of the land in stock condition itself!
30% Opaque or 70% Transparency if that's what you mean.
However Hyundai only claims 30% Tinting,by looking at the car one could say its definitely less than that,thankfully
But even with 50% VLT I'm technically slightly less than the norm.
I'll be posting pics as soon as I can but I can safely say nobody is going to stop me just for my film.Its only if they stop me for something else can I expect them to check my glasses ,that too if they have a meter.On simple inspection my sides appear well within the norm.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:18   #434
Senior - BHPian

I think there was one important question asked somewhere, which is probably still unanswered- many cars these days come with tinted windshield, glasses etc. So that means it will add to the tinting of film. So, if you have 70% or 50% VLT film, an accurate meter would actually read lesser!
Old 20th October 2009, 07:51   #435
BHPian

Sun Film

Hi

i recently bought a i20 - black diamond. i'm yet to put the sun film for the windows.

The dealer suggested a medium tint but i felt it was dark. so i requested him for a lighter shade.
Will this color affect the impact of sunfilm ?

Should i go for a windshield film - how much it will cost ?

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks