Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 14:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^^ I feel these pics belong to weird and wacky mods section.
the car looks like an old videocon washing machine to me.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:04   #47
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
But i could not find 98 PCDs anywhere,

I saw 98 PCD alloys with borbet. But its pretty expensive. 12k per wheel.
Grande Punto should have 100mm pcd. Even if it has got 98 like all other Fiats you can use wobbly bolts, but might need bub centric spacers.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Something which we can only dream about, given Indian road conditions - GPS's suspension lowered.

Modifying my Fiat Punto-loweredgp.jpg
Old 31st May 2010, 12:21   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Something which we can only dream about, given Indian road conditions - GPS's suspension lowered.

Attachment 358653
It sure does look good but I think it wouldn't be great on roads elsewhere either! There seems to be almost no give/travel for the suspension thanks to those humongous wheels and low-pro tyres. And it doesn't even have ORVMs! Or is it photo-shopped?

A show-car beyond doubt!
Old 31st May 2010, 12:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
And it doesn't even have ORVMs! Or is it photo-shopped?

A show-car beyond doubt!
Yes it seems to be one. (Show car, I don't think it is PSed)
Old 31st May 2010, 13:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 358653
I have seen the car on FIAT forum.
I have been quite regularly following his thread.

Quote:
It sure does look good but I think it wouldn't be great on roads elsewhere either! There seems to be almost no give/travel for the suspension thanks to those humongous wheels and low-pro tyres. And it doesn't even have ORVMs! Or is it photo-shopped?

A show-car beyond doubt!
Its not a show car. Its a daily use car. This guy keeps on painting the car in different colors and has atleast 6 sets of spare wheels, which he keeps changing as well.

Lots of mods on the cars.
I liked his car better when it was black.
Read the full thread here: Styling: My Grande Punto - updated 26/9/2008 deep dish - The FIAT Forum
Old 31st May 2010, 13:40   #52
CPH
BHPian

Quote:

A show-car beyond doubt!
You are right and another point a lot of people do not consider is that the drive sahft angle in relation to the diff and wheel change so much that the CV joints and the diff are strained to a degree that often breakes either.

The GP chassis has got some structural weaknesses that would also encourage cracking in places.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I have seen the car on FIAT forum.
I have been quite regularly following his thread.

Its not a show car. Its a daily use car. This guy keeps on painting the car in different colors and has atleast 6 sets of spare wheels, which he keeps changing as well.

Read the full thread here: Styling: My Grande Punto - updated 26/9/2008 deep dish - The FIAT Forum
Great, so you are one among the very few (under 10?) members from India? me too.. he he I was not following that thread though.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Great, so you are one among the very few (under 10?) members from India? me too.. he he I was not following that thread though.

Yup, I am a member there. But have been reading only, not a single post there.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:02   #55
BHPian

That punto looks a killer. But i think it has been lowered too much. Would be a good ride only if the road is absolutuely flat.

Smallest of the bumps could cause damage to the under body
Old 31st May 2010, 16:07   #56
BANNED

Aah! This looks neat! I saw a BNW Punto in Bangy with black roof and red mirrors. Looked pretty good.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:58   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes it seems to be one. (Show car, I don't think it is PSed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

Not bad! He has made it SEMA worthy if you ask me! It looks fantastic but again, way to impractical. And not just for Indian roads but elsewhere as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
You are right and another point a lot of people do not consider is that the drive sahft angle in relation to the diff and wheel change so much that the CV joints and the diff are strained to a degree that often breakes either.

The GP chassis has got some structural weaknesses that would also encourage cracking in places.
That's horrible! Structural weakness in the chassis is news to me! Is there any way to avoid the cracking and brittleness?
Old 31st May 2010, 17:53   #58
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
That's horrible! Structural weakness in the chassis is news to me! Is there any way to avoid the cracking and brittleness?
It is not falling apart when you look at it. It has got some typical GM design weaknesses.

Important is not to go on the suspension too hard and to avoid potholes as well as racing over speed breakers.

Just before the warranty runs out I would inspect especially the rear beams, where the suspension rests.
Old 31st May 2010, 19:45   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
It is not falling apart when you look at it. It has got some typical GM design weaknesses.
Peter, could you please elaborate the design weakness? What does GM (did you mean General Motors) design has to do with Grande Punto?
Old 31st May 2010, 21:19   #60
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Peter, could you please elaborate the design weakness? What does GM (did you mean General Motors) design has to do with Grande Punto?
The Grande was designed together with GM. Vauxhall/opel Corsa is the same car. Hence the PCD of 100 etc. This happened before the Italians divorced GM.

The rear springs sit about 50% on a lousy bracket, which is alright when Miss Daisy is driving.

Most Viewed