Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:49   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review of MicroVBB Black Box

@raj_5004 : Possible for you to post pictures of the antennae? The modus operandi of thieves is now to first cut off the antennae wire. No alarm is generated and the GPS unit is the "blind" then you can drive any where without being tracked. This is apparently what driver and guard of cash van did last week in Delhi before taking off. The security firm was not able to track the vehicle for crucial period.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hi sudev, there is no antennae as such, visible anywhere outside or inside the car.
Old 7th September 2011, 23:44   #108
BHPian

Hi Raj,
Nice thread. Just finished reading. Very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

The remote locking motor was fitted because, unlike nippon which came standard with my car, this one's remote only arms/disarms the system but does not lock/unlock the doors. since it was cumbersome to carry two remotes, i installed a motor which will lock the doors & arm the system with one remote itself.
Yesterday I went to a guy who installs Micro VBB system and asked about the remote locking motor. He told me that the Micro VBB system will integrate with car locking system(Nippon) provided with the car and there is no need to install any separate motor. He tells that he don't even know what that motor is. I again and again cross questioned him but he repeatedly telling that the car doors will also get locked with micro vbb remote. Now I am confused!!! By the way my car is scorpio SLE (2 weeks old).
Old 8th September 2011, 08:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Yesterday I went to a guy who installs Micro VBB system and asked about the remote locking motor. He told me that the Micro VBB system will integrate with car locking system(Nippon) provided with the car and there is no need to install any separate motor. He tells that he don't even know what that motor is. I again and again cross questioned him but he repeatedly telling that the car doors will also get locked with micro vbb remote. Now I am confused!!! By the way my car is scorpio SLE (2 weeks old).
Hi buddy, even in my case, I was informed that in some cars, the remote can be configured/integrated with the car's stock/standard locking system. But I was told, that in scorpio, it is not possible. Hence, I had to install a separate motor.

If your guy is confident that it will work, let him do it. If it actually works, my installer had half baked knowledge. If it does not, then you know what to do...

by the way, mine was a VLX (pre-refresh model). Yours is the refresh scorpio. Would that make any difference? Your car comes with the iCAT security system.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 8th September 2011 at 08:29.
Old 13th September 2011, 21:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I considered microvbb for my Civic, but eventually settled for Autocop whom I have 10+ years of experience with. The system they installed in my car integrates itself with the OEM remote.
I'm so glad I bumped into this thread! This is something I've been looking for my Verna. I do not want to lose the existing key fob but want to add intrusion alarm. While the current unit has immobilisation, there is no audio-visual alert if the doors are opened without unlocking the car using the fob.

Can you share more details or perhaps point me towards a contact in AutoCop? I want to check if they have a unit that can integrate with the Verna system.

Their website seems to be an ordering portal for GM. Makes no sense.

Many Thanks!

Tassem.

Last edited by Tassem : 13th September 2011 at 21:42.
Old 28th September 2011, 20:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I was informed that in some cars, the remote can be configured/integrated with the car's stock/standard locking system. But I was told, that in scorpio, it is not possible. Hence, I had to install a separate motor.

If your guy is confident that it will work, let him do it. If it actually works, my installer had half baked knowledge. If it does not, then you know what to do...

by the way, mine was a VLX (pre-refresh model). Yours is the refresh scorpio. Would that make any difference? Your car comes with the iCAT security system.
Raj, finally I found that the guy who told me that Micro VBB system can be integrated with scorpio had half baked knowledge. Last week he came to my house, and now, he tells me that he talked to his technicians and came to know that Micro VBB system can be integrated with Autocop and not with Nippon. Even after telling him that I am not interested in any system which does not have remote, he visited my house to push some other product (ARGUS) which is similar to Micro VBB security system but does not have a remote . He was telling that Micro VBB service was not good and thus, he wants me to go with ARGUS security system.

When he came to my house to show a demo of ARGUS security system, he locked his car sending SMS (His car was fitted with ARGUS security system). when he tried to dis-arm the system by sending another message, the SMS was not going due to some network problem, and the car was not starting . After wasting lot of time and sending repeated messages, finally the car started. After watching all this, I came to know the importance of having Remote for this type of security systems and decided not to go with a product which does not have a remote. As of now, I told the guy that I want some more time to decide.

Raj, I got one more doubt now. You installed a separate motor to lock the doors of the car with Micro VBB provided remote to avoid the inconvenience of carrying two remotes with you. I feel that locking the car with Micro VBB remote (With the help of a separate motor) is same as locking the car (A car with a central locking system) with the Key. What I need to say is, the Nippon security system fitted in your car will not be armed when you lock your car with Micro VBB remote (It just locks the doors of the car). We can check this by looking at the car instrument panel (Red coloured lock symbol will be blinking if the car security system is armed). So, it is better to take both remotes with us and lock the car with both remotes so that the security system provided with the car as well as Mico VBB system gets armed. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 28th September 2011, 22:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, I got one more doubt now. You installed a separate motor to lock the doors of the car with Micro VBB provided remote to avoid the inconvenience of carrying two remotes with you. I feel that locking the car with Micro VBB remote (With the help of a separate motor) is same as locking the car (A car with a central locking system) with the Key. What I need to say is, the Nippon security system fitted in your car will not be armed when you lock your car with Micro VBB remote (It just locks the doors of the car). We can check this by looking at the car instrument panel (Red coloured lock symbol will be blinking if the car security system is armed). So, it is better to take both remotes with us and lock the car with both remotes so that the security system provided with the car as well as Mico VBB system gets armed. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, if you are parking the car in an unsafe area, you can carry both the remotes & lock using both. That ways, you get double security!

(remember, in such a scenario, unlock using the Nippon remote first & then use Mircro VBB's remote, else the OE alarm of the car goes off since the car is armed with Nippon & you opened the door with Micro VBB... I hope I am not confusing you!)

Else, you can just lock with Micro VBB, it has its own immobilizer & is much more advanced than the car's OE security system.
Old 12th October 2011, 00:18   #113
BHPian

Folks, here is a question on possible usage of the MicroVBB in a slightly different scenario. Is this possible?

Say you own a nice SUV with MicroVBB installed and are happily cruising along in the city (or hwy). Unfortunately its election time, and the dreaded thing happens to you. You get stopped by a cop who demands the SUV for election duty. You get down from the vehicle, make a hue and cry, and when nothing seems to be working, you hand over the keys and walk away. After walking 10 steps, you secretly press the remote to immobilize the vehicle. Meanwhile a cop tries to start the vehicle, can't, gives up and calls you back. You go back, act flummoxed, raise a bigger hue and cry about "what they have done" to the vehicle since it was working great when you left it with them, get the cops on the backfoot, then call for towing. When the vehicle is being towed, stop the tow guy once out of sight of the cops, pay him off, 'un-immobilize' the vehicle and drive away happily.

Repeat until end of election season.

What do you think folks? Will this work? If it does, it might be a worthwhile investment for this reason alone
Old 12th October 2011, 07:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha
What do you think folks? Will this work? If it does, it might be a worthwhile investment for this reason alone
Fair point and can be made to work. But, hasn't this practice now been banned as per a Supreme court ruling some time back. I don't think any private vehicle owner can be coerced to submit his vehicle for election duty any more.
Old 13th October 2011, 03:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Fair point and can be made to work. But, hasn't this practice now been banned as per a Supreme court ruling some time back. I don't think any private vehicle owner can be coerced to submit his vehicle for election duty any more.
Its a classic case of "you know, I know, but does the dog know?". Supreme court may have passed the ruling but cops in many states continue to harass SUV owners, unfortunately.
Old 1st March 2012, 01:24   #116
BHPian

Hi Raj
As the existing dealers of Micro VVB product were not interested to sell the product (Due to lack of technicians), I contacted Micro VVB (Through Emails) and finally Mr.Sachin from Micro VVB contacted me and I personally met him to day. He shown me the Elite model (With Remote) and I was satisfied with the information provided by him. He offered me to fit the product in my scorpio on Monday (5-Mar-2012).
Now a quick question to you --> Is your Micro VVB Elite still working fine? Please inform if you are facing any problems with it recently.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raj
As the existing dealers of Micro VVB product were not interested to sell the product (Due to lack of technicians), I contacted Micro VVB (Through Emails) and finally Mr.Sachin from Micro VVB contacted me and I personally met him to day. He shown me the Elite model (With Remote) and I was satisfied with the information provided by him. He offered me to fit the product in my scorpio on Monday (5-Mar-2012).
Now a quick question to you --> Is your Micro VVB Elite still working fine? Please inform if you are facing any problems with it recently.
Hi buddy,

I am sorry to inform you that we have sold our Scorpio.
Old 1st March 2012, 13:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi buddy,

Did you try for the MicroVBB on your punto?

I was planning to get the same for my linea. It should integrate with the oem system to work properly. any idea on this?
Old 1st March 2012, 13:15   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Did you try for the MicroVBB on your punto?

I was planning to get the same for my linea. It should integrate with the oem system to work properly. any idea on this?
No, i did not.

Who would want to steal a FIAT?
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 17:32   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Hi buddy,

Sad to know that you parted with your Scorpio. After reading your reply, I hurriedly searched the forum and found your parting letter written to Scorpio and the letter added some weight to my hart. But, defiantly there will be a good reason when a person like you who loves his cars so much, parted with his car. I can understand. I request you to continue to share your knowledge regarding Scorpio. Wish you happy miles in your Punto. Oh Sorry I mean Pintu.
Your posts in this forum inspired me to think about the requirement of enhancing the security of my Scorpio and I thank you for that . I am going forward to install micro VVB black box in my Scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks