Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 18:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review of MicroVBB Black Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Sad to know that you parted with your Scorpio. After reading your reply, I hurriedly searched the forum and found your parting letter written to Scorpio and the letter added some weight to my hart. But, defiantly there will be a good reason when a person like you who loves his cars so much, parted with his car. I can understand. I request you to continue to share your knowledge regarding Scorpio. Wish you happy miles in your Punto. Oh Sorry I mean Pintu.
I still miss my buddy a lot.

Once I spotted him in a car accessory shop. He was getting new reg. plates & I requested the driver & drove him a good 15 kms!

Quote:
Your posts in this forum inspired me to think about the requirement of enhancing the security of my Scorpio and I thank you for that . I am going forward to install micro VVB black box in my Scorpio.
Of course you should. Good luck.

Do update us with the outcome. Cheers.
Old 30th March 2012, 00:41   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Once I spotted him in a car accessory shop. He was getting new reg. plates & I requested the driver & drove him a good 15 kms!
Happy to know that you spotted your buddy and drove him. Seems that your buddy went in to good hands (Seen the pic posted by you in another thread)

Update regarding my installation of Micro VBB --> It became a never ending story.

The Micro VBB guys gave me a date to install the system into my car and I promptly took my Scorp to their place on the specified date (24 days back) and they brought the system (Elite model) and shown it to me and told me that they will install the system in my car, but the "door open" warnings will not work as they do not have some DIODES which are required to be installed in all the doors.

They told me that they will come to my place and install the diodes within 3 days. But I rejected the offer. I told them that every thing must be done at-once only, and I don't want the installation to be done in installments.

Now started the endless waiting for the diodes to reach. Every time I call them, they say that they will get the diodes in 2 or 3 days and they will inform me immediately when the diodes reach them. It seems that they need to get the DIODES from Bombay. I am still waiting.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Micro VBB guys gave me a date to install the system into my car and I promptly took my Scorp to their place on the specified date (24 days back) and they brought the system (Elite model) and shown it to me and told me that they will install the system in my car, but the "door open" warnings will not work as they do not have some DIODES which are required to be installed in all the doors.

Now started the endless waiting for the diodes to reach. Every time I call them, they say that they will get the diodes in 2 or 3 days and they will inform me immediately when the diodes reach them. It seems that they need to get the DIODES from Bombay. I am still waiting.
Sorry to know about your ordeal friend.

The installer is right, they do install some sensors (i dont know what it is called) on all the five doors.

Good thing that you outrightly rejected the installation.
Old 17th April 2012, 01:57   #124
BHPian

Finally it happened! Micro VVB system has been installed into my car, and it is working fine .

I have chosen Elite model (It is the only model which is provided with remote key fobs to Arm or Disarm the system). I have been shown two boxes of Elite model, and I found that both boxes have the remote key fobs with different shapes. One box contain the remote key fobs with safety switch (A small switch on the sidewall of the key fob which can be kept in off position, so that the remote will not work even if it is pressed accidentally). So I selected the box which has the remote key fobs with switch.

It took lot of time for installation (Work started - 10:10AM and Work ended - 5:00PM which includes a small break of 30Min for lunch).

There are lot of commands (Long list of commands provided in user manual), which we can send as short messages to the Micro VBB installed in the vehicle. Now I can even found the voltage of my car battery, by sending a small message. Also the system by itself sends an alert message in case of car battery discharge (when the voltage falls bellow 12v).
Old 17th April 2012, 12:05   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Finally it happened! Micro VVB system has been installed into my car, and it is working fine .

I have chosen Elite model (It is the only model which is provided with remote key fobs to Arm or Disarm the system). I have been shown two boxes of Elite model, and I found that both boxes have the remote key fobs with different shapes. One box contain the remote key fobs with safety switch (A small switch on the sidewall of the key fob which can be kept in off position, so that the remote will not work even if it is pressed accidentally). So I selected the box which has the remote key fobs with switch.

It took lot of time for installation (Work started - 10:10AM and Work ended - 5:00PM which includes a small break of 30Min for lunch).

There are lot of commands (Long list of commands provided in user manual), which we can send as short messages to the Micro VBB installed in the vehicle. Now I can even found the voltage of my car battery, by sending a small message. Also the system by itself sends an alert message in case of car battery discharge (when the voltage falls bellow 12v).

I am happy that the installation has worked fine. My humble advice is that you spend the next one week or so thoroughly testing the functioning of the system. Try to mimic situations and check the functioning of the alarms and alerts at different times of day, at various places in the city or even say 50-60 kms away. One test I would recommend is leaving the window say half open and putting the key in the ignition and trying to start the vehicle.
Initially this process used to generate alerts but somehow this functionality disappeared over time and later when the experts came to rectify they claimed that it will not work. Only if the door is opened and then the ignition is operated will one get the alert.
So do kindly test and then let us know your experience. Hope the systems have stabilised and become more reliable now.
Old 19th April 2012, 00:17   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
I am happy that the installation has worked fine. My humble advice is that you spend the next one week or so thoroughly testing the functioning of the system. Try to mimic situations and check the functioning of the alarms and alerts at different times of day, at various places in the city or even say 50-60 kms away. One test I would recommend is leaving the window say half open and putting the key in the ignition and trying to start the vehicle.
Initially this process used to generate alerts but somehow this functionality disappeared over time and later when the experts came to rectify they claimed that it will not work. Only if the door is opened and then the ignition is operated will one get the alert.
So do kindly test and then let us know your experience. Hope the systems have stabilised and become more reliable now.
Thanks for your kind reply Zero Thoughts. As of now, the system is working fine. I will test various functions for some more days and update the outcome.

After reading your post, I armed the system and tried to start the vehicle by putting the key in the ignition through window (without opening the door). Immediately, the indicator lights of the vehicle blinked and I got an 'attempt to start your vehicle' alert message on my mobile. As you said that this functionality disappeared over time, I will test this functionality for some more days.
Old 19th April 2012, 00:36   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
Say you own a nice SUV with MicroVBB installed and are happily cruising along in the city (or hwy). Unfortunately its election time, and the dreaded thing happens to you. You get stopped by a cop who demands the SUV for election duty.
I was just wondering if this is something that the cops can do. Most politicians own an SUV/MUV either of their own or belonging to their political party. If they do need a ride, they would normally use their party funds for buying or renting one, wouldn't they?
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:10   #128
BHPian

Update regarding my experience with Micro VVB:

The system is working fine as of now.

I tested the SMS commands many times and they worked fine. But some times (It happened 3 times to be exact), the system responded only when I sent SMS second time. So, I can't certify that the system is completely perfect.
vsun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 14:30   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
MODS, i know there is a thread running here, but thats just a news article. I have fitted this in my car & this is a full review of the same.
Raj,

Nice write up. Can the same be fixed in Pajero SFX too directly ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th June 2012 at 02:18. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 27th June 2012, 17:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Raj,

Nice write up. Can the same be fixed in Pajero SFX too directly ?
Yes, it can be fitted to most of the cars.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys are the lucky lot!

My response from these guys ranged from no-response, to apologies, to offer asking if I wanted to start up a dealer ship! All, except, the information I had requested.
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:10   #132
BHPian

Dear Raj,
Thanks for this useful review. I also contacted one of the MicroVBB guy & asked few questions like below:

Q: As its connected to battery, what if some one cuts the wiring by opening bonnet?
A: It will not work if car is not armed. But if car is armed & then if the wires are cut, then the car Lock safety will remain ON until its (wiring) is fixed & the theif can not start the car.

Is it actually true? So by this method, if the car is already Armed with commands, so will the jammer or no network scenario affects the security?
I mean will it start?

Is there any way to immobilize the engine even while car is parked (engine is already off), so that it wont start no matter even if signal is jammed, antenna is cut, wires are screwd, doors are opened etc?

Can someone please confirm this?
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:10   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Dear Raj,
Thanks for this useful review. I also contacted one of the MicroVBB guy & asked few questions like below:

Q: As its connected to battery, what if some one cuts the wiring by opening bonnet?
A: It will not work if car is not armed. But if car is armed & then if the wires are cut, then the car Lock safety will remain ON until its (wiring) is fixed & the theif can not start the car.

Is it actually true? So by this method, if the car is already Armed with commands, so will the jammer or no network scenario affects the security?
I mean will it start?

Is there any way to immobilize the engine even while car is parked (engine is already off), so that it wont start no matter even if signal is jammed, antenna is cut, wires are screwd, doors are opened etc?

Can someone please confirm this?
Hi, saw your PM just now. Will call you and answer all your queries.

Regards.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed