Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2010, 23:19   #91
BHPian

Its near the Koramangala Club in koramangala
Old 29th November 2010, 00:47   #92
BHPian

I see, ok thanks suneet...

Now for how she looked almost as of today...

Very rough edges mind you, I had taken her to an engineering shop in whitefield to do some R&D on where we could get custom angel eyes made and custom LED light components. Not sure how well they will come out...R&D you see...

Please note that her eye shape will be refined further - keeping in mind that she wanted powerful piercing eyes...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1384.jpg

Followed by the rear - the derriere with a simpler mod job. Her rather quieter way of infoming the paparazzi that she is wearing clothes out of the ordinary.
The subtly integrated spoiler atop the mildly stretched boot lid...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1386.jpg

Numberplate moves north to a more prominently visible level. A hole needs to be cut in the numberplate to accomodate the boot's keyhole. An LED strip will light up the rear numberplate.
The Logan Makeover-dscf1387.jpg

The bumper's crease line is blanked out...please note that the rear lights are to be replaced...if the custom lights and clear lens can be purchased to suits our lady's whims...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1397.jpg

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 29th November 2010 at 00:54.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2010, 02:05   #93
BHPian

Hi RKR,
Your new mod job is an RKR (Roop Ki Rani) too. Hope the owner keeps it safe from choron ka raja's .
Seriously, hats off to you, very original and inventive to xform a Logan.
While it is not bad looking in stock, it has immense modification potential.
From an aesthetic side, the other Logan's (aparajito's) had very good taillights whose looks gel very well with what I can visualise of your planned front.
Can you PM me details of your garage, Want to come and shake hands with you.
All the best for your project
Cheers
rpmx1000
Old 29th November 2010, 08:39   #94
BHPian

The car is looking awesome. Its certainly going to stand out wherever it goes. Too bad you are under a tight budget. The work is really top notch. Just waiting to see the end result of this stunner.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:00   #95
BHPian

Superb stuff...five star thread...
Old 29th November 2010, 12:05   #96
BHPian

Hi RKR,
I may be worng here, but with the current form of the head lights it seems there will be a dark spot in front dead center of the car when you light up the head lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post

Very rough edges mind you, I had taken her to an engineering shop in whitefield to do some R&D on where we could get custom angel eyes made and custom LED light components. Not sure how well they will come out...R&D you see...

Please note that her eye shape will be refined further - keeping in mind that she wanted powerful piercing eyes...
Attachment 460581

Followed by the rear - the derriere with a simpler mod job. Her rather quieter way of infoming the paparazzi that she is wearing clothes out of the ordinary.
The subtly integrated spoiler atop the mildly stretched boot lid...
Attachment 460582

Numberplate moves north to a more prominently visible level. A hole needs to be cut in the numberplate to accomodate the boot's keyhole. An LED strip will light up the rear numberplate.
Attachment 460583

The bumper's crease line is blanked out...please note that the rear lights are to be replaced...if the custom lights and clear lens can be purchased to suits our lady's whims...
Attachment 460584
Old 29th November 2010, 21:23   #97

R.K.Ramesh, I'd like to say that I'm very impressed with your design. This thread is inspiring me to mod my car too.
I've got a few questions about your bumper. Will a bumper made of sheet metal perform it's job in a crash? How will it affect pedestrian safety? I mean, if I was walking on the road and had to get bumped by a car, I'd rather have a car with a plastic/fiberglass bumper ram me, than one with a metal one.
Did/do you have to get your mods approved by the RTO?
There must be quite a difference between the weights of the original bumper and the new one. Did you test drive the car to see how handling is affected, if at all?

I only ask because I want to mod my car (a Fiat Siena) too, and if using a metal bumper is a safe and legal option, then I may have a hope of finally getting my cars behind to look good.

The minor wing you've created for your car seems a good idea too, you get a new look without creating any drag, or extra noise.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how your car shapes up.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:09   #98

Ramesh ,

Best of luck with the finishing !
Old 30th November 2010, 16:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

I spotted this car in the paint shop today. (I will not spill any details)

The front bumper and grill treatment looked really impressive.

Rohan
Old 30th November 2010, 18:06   #100
BANNED

Ramesh now she looks like a mix of lots of cars LOL!!!

Actually now she looks like Linea to be honest and i feel the spoiler could have been made like the once in the Skoda Superb.

Once she wears the dress she will look more beautiful and sporty i guess
Old 30th November 2010, 20:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

ramesh looks neat and I must say that you have been doing it up passionately though it aint gonna stay with you and that it has to go back to its owner. With all the sheet metal going in, how much extra weight are we looking at here ?
Old 30th November 2010, 21:33   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post

==================
Attachment 460584
This is absolutely amazing job. I'm not a Logan lover but I will have to accept that this Logan will look good!!

Waiting to see the final version!!!
Old 30th November 2010, 21:48   #103
Team-BHP Support

^^^ +1 Superb transformation, cant wait to see the finished project All the very best!
Old 30th November 2010, 22:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

Front is impressive .
Rear could have been better, just my opinion.
Old 30th November 2010, 23:02   #105
BHPian

Thankyou folks for your kind words of appreciation and best wishes.

Now to respond to some queries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Hi RKR,
I may be worng here, but with the current form of the head lights it seems there will be a dark spot in front dead center of the car when you light up the head lights.
As per our trials so far - the headlights come across as a lot more powerful and well spread out - but we have yet to turn it on on the wide roads at night. However we have made it adjustable on both the axes so that should take care of such a spot should it occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chats View Post
R.K.Ramesh, I'd like to say that I'm very impressed with your design. This thread is inspiring me to mod my car too.
I've got a few questions about your bumper. Will a bumper made of sheet metal perform it's job in a crash? How will it affect pedestrian safety? I mean, if I was walking on the road and had to get bumped by a car, I'd rather have a car with a plastic/fiberglass bumper ram me, than one with a metal one.
Did/do you have to get your mods approved by the RTO?
There must be quite a difference between the weights of the original bumper and the new one. Did you test drive the car to see how handling is affected, if at all?

I only ask because I want to mod my car (a Fiat Siena) too, and if using a metal bumper is a safe and legal option, then I may have a hope of finally getting my cars behind to look good.

The minor wing you've created for your car seems a good idea too, you get a new look without creating any drag, or extra noise.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how your car shapes up.

Thanks chats. Looking forward to the modding of your Sienna. We have a Sienna waiting in the wings infact for a complete body transformation a.k.a a concept sports car of sorts as a matter of fact. Major mechanical upgrades not planned as of now.

As far as performance of bumpers in a crash - the manufacturer's original ABS units are certainly better - they have been optimised using CAD designing so cant really be replicated practically in mod jobs across the country is what I understand. These bumpers as with the original plastic bumpers wont make a diff in a higher speed crash as far as passive safety for the car and occupants are concerned as the crash bar and underpinnings of the car are untouched. For pedestrain safety, the sheet is not so thick that it doesnt flex so a limited amount of pedestrain safety is incorporated by rounding off the edges and a certain amount of space between the bumpers and the crash bar where possible. FRP bumpers at least the modded ones I have seen seem to be substantially heavier and harder than these metal bumpers...

What I am given to understand is that since the modifcation is only superficial sheet metal, with out any mechanical or structural changes it should have not problems with the RTO - else I guess all the DC and other mods including many Mod Kits will now be on the wrong side of the law...
that too if and when it is selectively enforced more for extortion largely rather than for safety reasons with a good intention.

The metal bumpers I guesstimate after lifting both are certainly heavier than the company ABS ones, by how much exactly I havent measured, but they do feel perhaps even less than half the weight of fibre bumpres I have checked out. All said and done I have driven this car up to 80-90kmph on the ring road and it felt stable and rattle free even over irregular / potholed surfaces. Handling/ Wind noise as not been affected at all as far as I can make out.

Yes the bumpers were designed with aerodynamic sensibilities in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Ramesh now she looks like a mix of lots of cars LOL!!!

Actually now she looks like Linea to be honest and i feel the spoiler could have been made like the once in the Skoda Superb.

Once she wears the dress she will look more beautiful and sporty i guess
THe Linea too...my oh my the saga sure continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
ramesh looks neat and I must say that you have been doing it up passionately though it aint gonna stay with you and that it has to go back to its owner. With all the sheet metal going in, how much extra weight are we looking at here ?
Thankyou rjstyle69. Will need to finally calculate the figure, but I'd reckon it is not substantial enough to be noticable in the performace of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Front is impressive .
Rear could have been better, just my opinion.
And mine too...but what can I do she did come with budget constraints you see. I do know that for the next Logan project with a bigger purse, there will be a noticable upgrade in the overall aesthetics and I already have an idea on how to go about it.

There is a bit of hope yet apart from the painting, the double exhaust pipe extentions and the painted undertray, if the R&D for the rear lights - if I can find clear lens units and fit them with the LED designs that I have in mind, the rear too might carry itself off with a bit of flair...praying that this lady does get those glowing embellishments.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 30th November 2010 at 23:10.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks