Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 23:45   #106
BHPian

And how she looks now before going in for her pre painting operations.

Eyes off, grille on she presents a disguised, even sinister look...
The Logan Makeover-dscf1420.jpg

Tidying up the rear with a grille in her undertray
The Logan Makeover-dscf1424.jpg

She looked quite happy with the side profile of her famed aquiline nose
Name:  DSCF1427.jpg
Views: 5358
Size:  35.8 KB

Scrub, scrub, scrub away gently down the side,
merrily, merrily, merrily oh massage away my hide
errr sheet metal is more like it madame...oh these huming damsels get it all mixed up some times, especially when indulging in a body massage; but who can blame her - dont well all love massages.
The Logan Makeover-dscf1402.jpg

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 30th November 2010 at 23:51.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2010, 00:49   #107
BHPian

The front is indeed something very muscular like an American car from the 50s. The rear is still Loganesque but that's probably 'cause I know it is a Logan; it could also pass off for an Accent. The front looks kick@ss, for the record. I am curious. Are you going to re-do the interiors too?
Old 1st December 2010, 01:24   #108
Team-BHP Support

Is the Audi/Evo like snout the final design idea? Or is it going to be changed? Currently, there is a lot of disconnect between the front end and the rest of the car in terms of design appeal.
Old 1st December 2010, 01:38   #109
BHPian

With Logan not really being a maruti/hyundai car that every one in india knows at back of their hand - your logan would not be recognised at all !!

Most likely to be interpreted to be some foreign import(as you plan to paint it like OEM and not like race car)

Extremely good effort and the front looks lovely even as of now. Waiting for the end paint job - any idea what color paint you are going to finally use ?
Old 1st December 2010, 02:30   #110
Senior - BHPian

The grill would add real charecter to the car, it can either enhance it or can take it to the wierd and wacky thread, I just waiting to see what would the grill look like.

Pramod
Old 1st December 2010, 10:34   #111
BHPian

Yeah RKR, the grill is gonna determine the looks. Suggest you study the various types of grills - wire mesh, honeycomb, the kidney BMWish grill etc. You can photoshop the options and then take a call. You could even fabricate 3 or 4 types of grills and change them from time to time...What ?
Old 1st December 2010, 11:08   #112
BHPian

how about a Jaguar type grill? With "RKR" logo on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Yeah RKR, the grill is gonna determine the looks. Suggest you study the various types of grills - wire mesh, honeycomb, the kidney BMWish grill etc. You can photoshop the options and then take a call. You could even fabricate 3 or 4 types of grills and change them from time to time...What ?
Old 1st December 2010, 11:22   #113
BHPian

Fabulous work RKR, just curious to know if any plans for sporty spoiler, muffler and alloys. The car might look rocking with them. is it possible for you to post the prototype pic if you have? Couldn't wait to see the final outcome!

I see a swift by the side, is it also undergoing some dress ups like Logan?
Old 1st December 2010, 11:35   #114
BHPian

Looks meaner and faster already !! I liked the logan for its simplicity but always had that evil thought of giving it a mod job .
Old 1st December 2010, 11:42   #115
BHPian

I've been following your thread for a while now, I must say she is turning out to be a looker.

Are you going to use the same tail lamps moulds in retro-fit. Why not try a different shape for the tail lights comprising of LEDs like a wraparound shape or something. And then body color the inserts to match the headlights.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:53   #116
Senior - BHPian

the workmanship is ultimate. especially the lines in the bumper. they are very detailed better than oems.

i think it will look a bit sedate if you can manage to split the huge grill likes ones on punto and have a tiny numberplate on the extreme right of the split.
Old 1st December 2010, 18:39   #117
BHPian

Any Idea of Changing the Wipers to make it of Conventional Type ?
Old 1st December 2010, 22:04   #118
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the final pics....
Old 1st December 2010, 22:21   #119
BHPian

As ever thankyou for your encouragement and suggestions.

Let me try and address your queries in order...

I too percieve the front 3/4 to be more attractive than the rear 3/4 - but this was because asper our initial brief dictated by the budget, the rear was to only come with the subtle spoiler, number plate shift and bumper skirts. We further added the under tray and double chrome pipe surrounds to at least add an area of interest...

This will be taken care of in the next Logan project whenever that happens. It might even happen with the same car at a later date.

I am still on the lookout for a supplier of decent custom LEDs and Clear lens tail lights for the Logan. I do have a design for the tail lights LEDs and depending on the successful outcome of the current R&D it may be installed post painting and delivery perhaps.

As per the original brief, the paint shade might more or less remain the same as the innards of the doors, boot etc. will not be repainted this time.
I am actually inclined to paint her a darker shade of brown - but will have to consult with the painters and my friend before i go ahead...

OK guys let me let you in on the gory secret. the car already has the wire mesh grille (australian stainless steel I believe) installed in the last pics posted check the side profile on her aquiline nose. Not too clear in these snaps - it seems ok but needs to be highlighted by perhaps chrome paint on the inner border of the grille. This is some kind of new type of chrome paint I believe and will have to see how the finish is before I go ahead with it.
Once the logo is placed on it post painting and the crash bar behind it is painted black, it should look better and uplift the frontal look suitably. We do hope that it wont drag the poor lady nose first into the wierd and whacky thread. The mesh actually looks like a finer version of the Jag or Bentley grille. Well it is also my learning curve - might choose a thicker version the nest time.

I will convince my friend to advance his plans to fit 14 inch alloys to suit the car and fill up the more prominent wheel arches. No in-your-face spoilers/ skirts or other aerodynamic aids as this car is to be used for corporate IT applications. My friend who is the MD of an IT company believes that this car brought him and his company growth and good fortune. Therefore this makeover to help retain it for ages as a lucky mascot.

I will post the pics of the orange swift later when done - yes it is also undergoing a less intense lower bumper alterations...

I will probably go for a numberplate garnish when fitting the numberplate onto the robust stainless steel mesh grille.

No changes are being made to the functional aspects of the car except the twin headlights which have a better spread and are more lumious than the stock ones. So no modifying the wipers to RHD compatibility.

I will take a break from posting pics for perhaps a couple of days, by your kind leave gentlemen. The lady is having her lipstick infact her entire body sprayed on with it so till then no point in taking snaps... and this is to happen soon enough on a priority basis.

The lady is scheduled to drive in her Sunday bests on Sunday to the airport to recieve a guest from Italy of all the places. Italy the land of some of the most beautiful cars...Mama Mia. May she charm the socks off her guest's feet. She is set to be his steed for a week is what I am given to believe. Ha ha ok guys - before it sets you thinking - no she wont be an airport car like her fellow Logans. This is only a one off...

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 1st December 2010 at 22:26.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2010, 22:34   #120
BHPian

If I may make this request. If anyone of you can given me leads to folks who do custom LED lights for automotive applications in Bangalore, please do let me know...

Thanks in advance, it could make a big diff to the aesthetics of the rear especially in this project.

Warm Wishes
R.K.Ramessh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks